PDA

View Full Version : Quick story from Houston

muethibp
05-01-2007, 11:25 PM
In Houston on business, went to the game. Had seats on the club level behind the plate. Caught a foul ball from Biggio in the 4th. Late in the game there were few people left. For those that haven't been to Minute Maid (it's great, by the way), the press box sits low above the club level. During the break before the ninth I caught Thom's attention and he and Marty signed the ball I caught. Kind of two year old-ish, but a nice little keepsake that I plan to give to my little son.

Matt700wlw, if you read this and are at all so inclined, please pass along my thanks to the Brennamens.

Edd Roush
05-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Lucky man to be able to travel "with" the Reds on business and even luckier to catch a foul ball. Sounds like a great night.

44Magnum
05-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Cool story. That's what makes baseball fun!

redsmetz
05-02-2007, 09:30 AM
I think I've mentioned this before, but last summer my son and I went up for him to look at Loyola in Chicago and Marquette in Milwaukee. The original plan was to see Loyola, then run up to Milwaukee and come back to where we were staying in Chicago that night.

I then realized that the Reds were opening a series in Milwaukee that night, so my son and I got a hotel room in Racine and we went and picked up some tickets for the game. Milton pitched probably his best game of the season and we got to see a great park.

We were down at the field level before the game and we chatted with some of the Reds as they were coming in from fielding balls and BP, etc. I think it was right after Castro had come back and we'd picked up a couple of other players. Narron walked by and I told him I thought he was doing a good job (no surprise for RZ'ers to hear). He looked shocked, paused, and said thanks. He must hear all sorts of junk from fans. His reaction was really surprising frankly. Anyway, lots of fun seeing another park.

Now my son is ending up at Ohio State, so no major league baseball. Guess I'll run up some time to see the Clippers play.

bounty37h
05-02-2007, 10:28 AM
^ great story, but you ruined it in the end by insulting anyone who does enjoy collecting autographs by saying it is 2 year old'ish. Yes, I collect autographs :)