PDA

View Full Version : Good night for me on ebay last night.........

hebroncougar
05-02-2007, 10:33 AM
I got an Earl Weaver/Sparky Anderson signed photo (taken during the 1970 series) and a signed Johnny Vandermeer photo both for pretty cheap. :)

JaxRed
05-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Ironic, I'm doing a "work at home" deal, where I sign Weaver and Anderson's name to photos and then stamp it with a fake authentication...

Just kidding......

Chip R
05-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Ironic, I'm doing a "work at home" deal, where I sign Weaver and Anderson's name to photos and then stamp it with a fake authentication...

Just kidding......

:laugh:

hebroncougar
05-02-2007, 10:55 AM

Just kidding......

That's a classic! :) :D I compared some sigs online, they looked pretty exact. I don't do it for investment, I just do it for my man cave. That's good stuff though.

redsmetz
05-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Nice pick ups. My father-in-law has a program from the 1964 Cardinals/Yankees World Series that Casey Stengal autographed. He ran into Stengal while waiting to buy some food. I wonder what that would fetch.

It's so hard to say anymore what things will go for on eBay. I've had a tshirt I found autographed by Stan Musial and Ara Parseghian at a Dayton Golf outing that I've listed several times and never gotten a bit on. Go figure - two Hall of Famers (one, baseball; the other College Football).

CaiGuy
05-02-2007, 11:04 AM
How much would a bat signed by Johnny Bench go for?

hebroncougar
05-02-2007, 11:08 AM
How much would a bat signed by Johnny Bench go for?

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=johnny+bench+signed+bat&category0=

Looks like about $200 if you have a COA.

TeamDunn
05-02-2007, 11:12 AM
If something is your personal item how do you get a COA?

hebroncougar
05-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Ebay will tell you how to do it, I've personally never done it. Here's a site that tells you how to obtain one, I've never done it.

http://www.cbssportsstore.com/sm-how-to-buy-sports-memorabilia--bg-725951.html

bounty37h
05-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Good pick up, I saw that listing, and almost made a bid on it myself (the Anderson photo). I am looking at 2 of the signed jerseys right now fomr the BRM, Griff Sr and Gullett.

dougdirt
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
If something is your personal item how do you get a COA?

If you send it to a company like PSA/DNA or James Spence Authentication then the peice, if authentic, will be worth a lot more than any other COA you are going to be able to get. Those two are the most legit and respected second hand party COA in the industry.

savafan
05-02-2007, 12:24 PM
If you send it to a company like PSA/DNA or James Spence Authentication then the peice, if authentic, will be worth a lot more than any other COA you are going to be able to get. Those two are the most legit and respected second hand party COA in the industry.

How much do they charge to determine if a signature is authentic?

bounty37h
05-02-2007, 12:27 PM
really depends on the player and the item I think, but I am not sure why it matters, maybe on how many known false sigs of that player are in existance (for ex, many Jordan fakes out there, so they might have to look harder to determine for sure its authenticity likeliness). Even then, they dont always get it right.

RedsFan75
05-02-2007, 03:39 PM
We should have a forum here for items like that that we want to see between fans.....

bounty37h
05-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I agree, I suggested a "Reds Traders" forum a few weeks back when a few generous RZ'ers had extra calanders to send out. A place where those of us who do collect Reds memorablia can post pics of thier collections, alert others to stuff that is out there, and maybe trade extra's or unwanted's here.....I would rahter trade even with a Reds fan for Reds stuff then sell it on Ebay (which I hav enever done) to just whoever....

dougdirt
05-03-2007, 12:08 PM
I agree, I suggested a "Reds Traders" forum a few weeks back when a few generous RZ'ers had extra calanders to send out. A place where those of us who do collect Reds memorablia can post pics of thier collections, alert others to stuff that is out there, and maybe trade extra's or unwanted's here.....I would rahter trade even with a Reds fan for Reds stuff then sell it on Ebay (which I hav enever done) to just whoever....

Problem is that brings in a lot of shady things that could open up redszone to bad things if deals went bad because some people just arent good people.

Triples
05-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Amen Doug Dirt: probably a can of worms on which you just as well keep the lid firmly attached!!

Problem is that brings in a lot of shady things that could open up redszone to bad things if deals went bad because some people just arent good people.

bounty37h
05-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeha, guess I didnt think about that, was thinkin of the good ones on here, Kitty, Dunner who sent me a calender earlier, etc. I live in NC, and cant get the stuff from up in Cincy, but I have tons of stuff from over the years, etc, including extras. Most of the Reds stuff I get now I either buy off Ebay or get through you guys. Only access I really have is monir league stuff from the Durham Bulls near me, and USA baseball, which is in the same facility. Oh well, was just a thought, I will think of ways to tweak it to make it doable :)