PDA

View Full Version : I love this...

coachw513
05-02-2007, 11:19 AM
From today's Post:

"I just got a little elevation," Griffey said of his homer. "Usually I hit them in the front row, because you don't want to waste too much distance, 'cause you never know when you'll need that distance. I needed it on my next at-bat."

Color me one of those who wishes KGJ to really enjoy the last portion of his career...sounds like he's having fun right now :thumbup:

Was really surprised by the lack of "we really don't need Griffey" posts today :rolleyes:

He's actually had a really good start to the season...

We "own" Oswalt...beat him once last year, so it ought to be easy :D

Screwball
05-02-2007, 12:19 PM
What I really liked about last night was that in addition to his mammoth home run and his rocket RBI single, he hit a bloop single down the left field line. Spraying the ball all over the field has relieved KGJ of that dreaded shift, and IMO was a big reason why his RBI single wasn't right at the 2nd baseman playing in shallow right field. Even though he's getting on in years and seems to (continue to) have some health issues, I think he could have a fine year if he's able to play 110-120 games or so.

Natty Redlocks
05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
I've been openly critical of Griffey on many occasions. I have to say, the way he's handled moving to RF and dropping in the batting order is shutting me right up. During the offseason, I was convinced there was no way they'd move him because there was no way he'd move gracefully. I was dead wrong, and I'm very glad I was dead wrong. The lineup is definitely better with him in it.

Doro
05-02-2007, 01:51 PM
I have been critical of Griffey this year (not in years past) but am more than willing to eat my words if this continues. However, I still feel we have better players that can do more things. I want him to prove me wrong.

Degenerate39
05-02-2007, 01:55 PM
I just hope Griffey can stay healthy all year and post some big numbers. I'd be more than happy with 30 homers from him. And that would put him about 6th on the All time homers list. And possibly getting number 600 hundred. That would be a good season for Griffey and the fans.

TeamBoone
05-02-2007, 03:58 PM
]"I just got a little elevation," Griffey said of his homer. "Usually I hit them in the front row, because you don't want to waste too much distance, 'cause you never know when you'll need that distance.[/B] I needed it on my next at-bat."

In the first part of this quote, I think he was poking fun at Adam Dunn becuase Adam's HR just cleared the wall.

Ltlabner
05-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Jr's handled the move to RF with class.

Jr, can obviously still hit monster home runs (last night's ball might have landed somewhere are Austin), dispite just coming off serrious ailments.

Jr still has something to contribute. These might be his waining days. I plan to enjoy them before we can only say, "remember when Jr would flash his sweet swing".