PDA

View Full Version : Reds/Rockies Pitching Matchups

Reds Freak
05-04-2007, 12:49 AM
I can't stand to think about tonight's game any longer. Looking ahead to this weekend...

Friday: Jason Hirsh (2-2, 3.41) vs. Matt Belisle (3-1, 3.45)
Saturday: Aaron Cook (0-1, 3.83) vs. Aaron Harang (4-0, 4.23)
Sunday: Josh Fogg (1-2, 5.08) vs. Bronson Arroyo (1-2, 2.59)

Looking at the pitching matchups, there is no absolutely no good reason why the Reds shouldn't sweep this series. With the bats finally starting to wake up and coming back home after a long road trip, anything less than 2 out of 3 is unacceptable. You've got three very hittable pitchers facing your three best pitchers. With this team, however, I wouldn't be surprised at anything...

KYRed
05-04-2007, 01:03 AM
With our starting 3 for the series and who we're going with, a lost series would be a painful indictment of the team. Colorado is 5-10 on the road, has been in last since April 20th, and as early as it is, I'll be shocked if they ever leave the NL West cellar for the rest of the season.

That said, the Reds have not shown the consistency to sweep anyone so far. The Rockies have also been consistent. Through 5 road series, they have won 1 of 3 every time. You could take into consideration that all 15 of their road games have been played against teams currently above .500. They probably consider this a "break" of a road series.

I write this last paragraph a minute after posting the original two. While I don't take back my comment about the Rockies likely never leaving the NL West cellar, I don't see much so far to indicate the Reds are a better team. Consider this amazing stat. The Rockies roll into GABP tomorrow having played 28 games. All 28 games have been played against teams currently over .500.

Screwball
05-04-2007, 01:03 AM
You've got three very hittable pitchers facing your three best pitchers. With this team, however, I wouldn't be surprised at anything...

Yep. I was saying those exact words heading into the Cardinal series.:bang:

Ron Madden
05-04-2007, 01:08 AM
I can't stand to think about tonight's game any longer. Looking ahead to this weekend...

Friday: Jason Hirsh (2-2, 3.41) vs. Matt Belisle (3-1, 3.45)
Saturday: Aaron Cook (0-1, 3.83) vs. Aaron Harang (4-0, 4.23)
Sunday: Josh Fogg (1-2, 5.08) vs. Bronson Arroyo (1-2, 2.59)

Looking at the pitching matchups, there is no absolutely no good reason why the Reds shouldn't sweep this series. With the bats finally starting to wake up and coming back home after a long road trip, anything less than 2 out of 3 is unacceptable. You've got three very hittable pitchers facing your three best pitchers. With this team, however, I wouldn't be surprised at anything...

Jerry Narron will find a way to mess it up.

Narron can mess up an empty room.

AmarilloRed
05-04-2007, 01:19 AM
We have swept the rockies before-we swept a 4 game series last year. That being said,nl west teams always play us tough