PDA

View Full Version : Apology to Griffey

Will
05-04-2007, 08:32 AM
In an earlier thread I poked fun at Griffey for his sitting out do to a broken nail. After watching his hustle since then, I felt bad about the comment. The stolen base last night along with other instances since my comment shows he is not a malingerer and my comment was out of line. So, my apologies to the Griffey fans here at the Zone and to JR.

Ludwig Reds Fan
05-04-2007, 11:43 AM
OMG can still leg it out when he wants to. :)

TeamBoone
05-04-2007, 01:36 PM
OMG can still leg it out when he wants to. :)

Or rather, when he's able to.

Degenerate39
05-04-2007, 01:40 PM
He accepts your apology.

Topcat
05-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Who cares some idiot will come along and judge Griffey on a 18 at bats scenario and make a fool of himself. I applaud you sir form manning up but we both know many poster rush to judgment and define a season by the here and now.

savafan
05-05-2007, 07:02 AM
I've been very impressed with Junior's hustle of late. He's trying, and you gotta love that.

rotnoid
05-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Some people will never change their opinion, not matter what. I sat in the bleachers last night and heard the drunken "cheers" (you're a bum, you suck, you were never good, etc...) for all 11 innings, never louder than when Griffey got thrown out at third. All I know is that he must be the only bum ever that has 567 home runs.

Screwball
05-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Some people will never change their opinion, not matter what. I sat in the bleachers last night and heard the drunken "cheers" (you're a bum, you suck, you were never good, etc...) for all 11 innings, never louder than when Griffey got thrown out at third. All I know is that he must be the only bum ever that has 567 home runs.

I heard those too. What section were you sitting in?

TeamBoone
05-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Some people will never change their opinion, not matter what. I sat in the bleachers last night and heard the drunken "cheers" (you're a bum, you suck, you were never good, etc...) for all 11 innings, never louder than when Griffey got thrown out at third.

That just makes me sick, just sick (angry too)... and I can't even begin to imagine how it makes KGJr feel.

People can be so cruel. I wonder what they get out of demeaning someone "almost" to his face. They should save it for someone who truly deserves it. I don't know who that would be, but it certainly isn't Griffey.

Ugh!

Redlegs
05-05-2007, 04:54 PM
The best thing for this club would be to have Griffey stay healthy all year, put up good numbers, and trade him to a team in the race in late August, or early September. If that's possible.

He still has one of the best looking swings in baseball and he's a joy to watch.

rotnoid
05-05-2007, 07:04 PM
That just makes me sick, just sick (angry too)... and I can't even begin to imagine how it makes KGJr feel.

People can be so cruel. I wonder what they get out of demeaning someone "almost" to his face. They should save it for someone who truly deserves it. I don't know who that would be, but it certainly isn't Griffey.

Ugh!

Fortunately, at least this guy was near the top of the bleachers in left, so its doubtful Griffey heard him. But, I had season tix in the Sundeck last year and can only imagine what it's been like for him after moving to right.

dougdirt
05-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Whenever I am around and people hound him, I start yelling back at them and tell them how stupid they are. The usually shut up pretty quick. I wish more people would do that.