PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the Giants/Phils game?

Team Clark
05-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Very interested in seeing Tim Lincecum start. #1 Draft pick a year ago for the Giants. I think he will have the same results that Bailey did in the Spring. JMO. Like this kid a lot, just think it's too early.

boognish
05-06-2007, 08:18 PM
I am watching...VERY excited about a Lincecum/Hamels match-up. Nice seeing Lincecum recover from the hanger to Victorino to K Utley and Howard.

Team Clark
05-06-2007, 08:22 PM
27 pitches in the 1st. To be expected. Got to get those nerves out of the way. Rollins gave him a nice welcome don't you think?

Interested in seeing him get through the 4th and 5th. I want to see what types of adjustments he'll make to the 1-5 hitters.

edabbs44
05-06-2007, 08:32 PM
27 pitches in the 1st. To be expected. Got to get those nerves out of the way. Rollins gave him a nice welcome don't you think?

Interested in seeing him get through the 4th and 5th. I want to see what types of adjustments he'll make to the 1-5 hitters.

He whiffed Utley, Howard and Rowand. It will be interesting to see what adjustments they make to him. ;)

Screwball
05-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Can somebody explain to me why we passed on Lincecum for Stubbs?

TOBTTReds
05-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Because Stubbs can hit game winning HR's in low A at the same age.

CTA513
05-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Can somebody explain to me why we passed on Lincecum for Stubbs?

Probably the same reason other teams passed on him.

edabbs44
05-06-2007, 08:55 PM

Still doesn't make me feel any better.

HBP
05-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Don't pitch to Howard anymore Tim

RedsMan3203
That was a bomb.

CTA513

He just gave up another 2-run homerun.

Team Clark
He whiffed Utley, Howard and Rowand. It will be interesting to see what adjustments they make to him. ;)

Looks like Howard made an adjustment! :laugh: This is a great example of talent vs. experience. These are the games I will actually watch.

Nice buzzer to Burrell! :devil:

RedsMan3203
05-06-2007, 08:58 PM

Ahh i was a solo shot... but the way he hit it - should of counted for 2.

CTA513
05-06-2007, 08:59 PM

He walked the batter in front of Howard.

Team Clark
05-06-2007, 09:00 PM

Don't give Selig any ideas. Next thing you know Major Leagues games will be played like the hitting challenges from MLB the Show.

RedsMan3203
05-06-2007, 09:47 PM
He walked the batter in front of Howard.

My Bad - Suppose I should of been watch'n it more.

Screwball
05-06-2007, 10:01 PM

Ok, and that reason is...

edabbs44
05-06-2007, 10:02 PM

Blue
05-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Ok, and that reason is...

He is a physically mature pitcher at 5'10" 160 lbs. His arm is muscleless and he has a quirky delivery that no coach can ever help him with if he loses it. Big time injury risk and a good candidate for completely losing his control.

Having said that, he had the best fastball and the best slider in the draft. That's kinda rare.

Dracodave
05-06-2007, 10:31 PM
He is a physically mature pitcher at 5'10" 160 lbs. His arm is muscleless and he has a quirky delivery that no coach can ever help him with if he loses it. Big time injury risk and a good candidate for completely losing his control.

Having said that, he had the best fastball and the best slider in the draft. That's kinda rare.

His delivery was taught to him by his Dad.

Ontop of that, Lincecum seems to have a effigy to block the runner on first with his shoulder when he's pitching from the stretch. He might be easy to run on, but if he can keep his heat down low (with eventually two or three game under his belt, I dont see why not), that might not be anything.

He reminds me of Oswalt if he can keep up with his delivery and his control that will no doubt get better. He will go places. Worst cause scenerio, He becomes a closer- Lights out.

smith288
05-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Anyone notice his nervous tick with his lip? Annoying enough for me to be glad we didnt draft him.

Team Clark
05-06-2007, 11:03 PM
He reminds me of Oswalt if he can keep up with his delivery and his control that will no doubt get better. He will go places. Worst cause scenerio, He becomes a closer- Lights out.

Thought the same thing. Nice pickup. I was a little shocked that no one has fixed his awkward head position during his delivery. Led to a lot of up and in pitches to RH hitters. He was able to time it well and keep most of his pitches close enough. All in all for a Big League debut I thought he got through it OK. I'm sure he learned a lot. I certainly look forward to seeing his next start. Nice live arm.

How about Hamels changeup? Once he gets a catcher that can mix it up a bit better he'll be less predictable. Sounds like Arroyo from July through Sept.

Dracodave
05-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Anyone notice his nervous tick with his lip? Annoying enough for me to be glad we didnt draft him.

All good pitchers have a nervous tick. K-Rod with his hat/safety glasses, is pretty annoying too.

Dracodave
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
How about Hamels changeup? Once he gets a catcher that can mix it up a bit better he'll be less predictable. Sounds like Arroyo from July through Sept.

I was getting annoyed that Rod was calling that WAY up in the zone to batters. The almost destroyed the point of how great Coles change up sinks. My jaw dropped at how bad Barajas was calling that. However that was some great hitting with Frandsen (spelling) to pick that change up off the ground and get a base hit..or two off it.

Doro
05-06-2007, 11:08 PM
I think he would be better suited as a closer. He had great "stuff" those first few innings. However, in the 5th inning he dropped to 91mph fastballs where as in the first inning he was around 97mph.

Dracodave
05-06-2007, 11:10 PM
I think he would be better suited as a closer. He had great "stuff" those first few innings. However, in the 5th inning he dropped to 91mph fastballs where as in the first inning he was around 97mph.

The more he dropped that speed the more he had crazy movement as well. Then again, he does throw a two-seamer..and might have been relaying on that pitch when he was getting tired.

Superdude
05-06-2007, 11:13 PM

I saw that too. I was telling my dad that Lincecum was sitting 95-98 after watching the first inning, and when he finally came in to watch it he'd already settled into the low 90's.

His teeth are kind of goofy too. (Drew Stubbs has great teeth by the way) :D