PDA

View Full Version : Relievers that the Reds could get to help the team

GOREDSGO32
05-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Just going off my fantasy team, here's my thoughts of guys the Reds could potentially pick up in a trade that I think would help the team immensly and probably not have to give up a ton of talent to get:

- Joakim Soria, Kansas City Royals. He's taken over awesomely for the injured Dotel, and been awesome.

- Otsuka, Texas Rangers. A very good reliever, but would probably come at a decent asking price. Taken over for Gagne at closer.

- Mike Gonzalez, Atlanta Braves. He's taken over for the injured Bob Wickman at times and done well.

I don't think they would be high cost guys, and getting three guys liek this would completely revamp the bullpen. Anyone have any ideas on other relievers, or what we could give up to get someone like these guys?

Dracodave
05-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Just going off my fantasy team, here's my thoughts of guys the Reds could potentially pick up in a trade that I think would help the team immensly and probably not have to give up a ton of talent to get:

- Joakim Soria, Kansas City Royals. He's taken over awesomely for the injured Dotel, and been awesome.

- Otsuka, Texas Rangers. A very good reliever, but would probably come at a decent asking price. Taken over for Gagne at closer.

- Mike Gonzalez, Atlanta Braves. He's taken over for the injured Bob Wickman at times and done well.

I don't think they would be high cost guys, and getting three guys liek this would completely revamp the bullpen. Anyone have any ideas on other relievers, or what we could give up to get someone like these guys?

Mike Gonzalez only costed Adam LaRoche no way Altanta gives him up for any less than LaRoche.

Soria is doing good but that also means he'd be worth something good. Dipping into a farm system we need to stay intact isnt a good thing right now.

hebroncougar
05-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Gonzalez is the best LH in the pen for a first place team. Soria is a rookie, which means he's a cheap option for a notoriously cheap organization. Otsuka is going nowhere with the health of Gagne going to be a question mark all year unless Texas falls way, way out of it.