PDA

View Full Version : No shakeup is coming

BRM
05-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Per Fay:

Someone asked David Weathers whether Thursday's 9-5 win over the Houston Astros could have a lasting effect, a sort of carryover to build confidence.

"You hope," he said.

That's all they can really do. If they go on the coast and get beat around, Thursday's win will be forgotten before sun-up Saturday. If they play well, hope stays alive.

We shall see. I talked with Wayne Krivsky about Jerry Narron, and I talked with Bob Castellini about Narron and Krivsky. No shakeup is coming. The players they've got right now are going to determine the fate of this season.

Are they good enough to turn it around? We'll know by May 21 is my guess. That's the day they return from the monster, nine-game, 10-day, L.A., San Diego, Cleveland road trip to play our old friend, Jim Bowden's Washington Nationals.

Matt700wlw
05-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Castellini/Krivsky wouldn't tell the media if something was, would he?

jmcclain19
05-11-2007, 07:54 PM
That tells you all you need to know. They thought they had a winner going into the season and will stick it out to prove their point. More power to them for sticking to their guns, but as a fan, we get to live with their bullheadedness.

MrCinatit
05-11-2007, 07:54 PM

I would think not.
And if this team were to absolutely tank on the trip, for instance, I would think some sort of shakeup would be in order.

savafan
05-11-2007, 09:51 PM

I would say no. At the news conference when Castellini took over ownership of the ballclub, he said that Dan O'Brien would be running the baseball operations. How long did that last?