PDA

View Full Version : Todd Walker:Again

Royals Fan
05-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Athletics designated infielder Todd Walker for assignment.

Walker remains worthy of a roster spot, but the A's didn't need him as a backup second baseman and they're better off with Dan Johnson and Jack Cust at first base and DH, respectively. Walker hit just .271/.288/.292 in 48 at-bats.

He can play 3rd base instead of juan castro anyday IMO.

savafan
05-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Athletics designated infielder Todd Walker for assignment.

Walker remains worthy of a roster spot, but the A's didn't need him as a backup second baseman and they're better off with Dan Johnson and Jack Cust at first base and DH, respectively. Walker hit just .271/.288/.292 in 48 at-bats.

He can play 3rd base instead of juan castro anyday IMO.

I would rather see Walker here than Castro in a heartbeat. Hmmm...wonder if the A's would consider Walker as the second PTBNL in the Denorfia trade...

TeamBoone
05-12-2007, 04:09 PM
I really liked Todd when he was with the Reds, though I know a lot didn't.

He was often featured on the radio after the game, back when they talked to different players each week from Willy's (do they still do that... from Gameday? haven't heard anything about it this year, or last year); he was always personable and seemed to be very level headed.

I also remember reading something (when he was in Boston) about how he loved playing in Cincinnati.

mth123
05-12-2007, 04:13 PM
He's another LH bat not RH and his "D" at 3B will be worse the EE. He'd be a good option for Hatte's role. He's ok as a LH bench bat but only if he takes Castro's spot.

Royals Fan
05-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Wayne has some ties to what Todd can do coming up in the Twins organzation and years he spend there with Terry Ryan.

peterose00
05-12-2007, 04:45 PM
I don't know about this. Walker has bounced around allot over the past couple of seasons. We have many other better options.

savafan
05-12-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't know about this. Walker has bounced around allot over the past couple of seasons. We have many other better options.

Then why is Castro starting?

Degenerate39
05-12-2007, 04:57 PM

Two words: Jerry Narron

savafan
05-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Two words: Jerry Narron

I don't think it's that simple. If there are so many better options, you'd have to think that Jerry would want to use them instead.

Far East
05-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Well, in Friday night's case it was because Freel was hurling!:)

redsfan4445
05-12-2007, 07:06 PM
If Kessenger was hitting .400 at AAA and it was said on the radio by Narron that Kesseinger would get some starts when Freel couldnt.. so what does he do, plays Castro and even letrs castro make the last out.... and to think Castro was batting after Dunn?? I can imagine the Dodgers coaches going "Thank you Jerry"!!!