PDA

View Full Version : The Good Stuff about being a Reds Fan

Will
05-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Well atm being a Reds fan is a little frustrating so I'm going to look on the bright side. Here are some things past and present that are good about being a Reds fan.

1. Josh Hamilton (numerous reasons)
2. GABP (super facility)
3. Cincinnati Chili at the games.
4. Nice uniforms
5. Starting Pitching has been pretty good
6. Ryan Freel (110% all the time)
7. Ken Griffey Jr. (every swing of the bat seems to break some MLB record)
8. Bronson Arroyo (pitches well and reminds me of Shaggy from Scooby Doo)
9. Billy Hatcher (Bazooka Joe bubble blowing champion)
10. Jerry Narron (hasn't completely lost it on TV yet during any of the bad relief appearances)
11. Marty and Thom (while at first they seemed overly critical, now I find myself glad they are saying what I'm feeling )
12. Gold Star Chili's cheezy commercials ( who are these bands and are they performing for free Chili ? )
13. RedsZone
14. Watching Todd Coffey run to the mound :eek:
15. Marge Schott isn't the owner anymore
16. 5 World Championships
17. The Big Red Machine
18. Opening Day in Cincinnati
19. We're not Cubs or Pirates fans.
20. A bad day at the GABP is better than a good day at work.

Degenerate39
05-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Great post. I suspect that someone will post The Bad Stuff about being a Reds fan, soon.

Razor Shines
05-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Great post. I suspect that someone will post The Bad Stuff about being a Reds fan, soon.

Will post the bad stuff? 95% of the threads are the bad stuff, but it's pretty much expected the way things are going. If most of the threads were about how everything is going fine, I think that would be just as annoying.

NorrisHopper30
05-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Thank you for posting a thread like this, personally i'm sick of all the negative posts and complaints.

Props

dman
05-14-2007, 06:25 PM

Sometimes I miss the days with Marge running the show. The Reds always seemed to be competitive at a time when there were only two divisions within the N.L.

Falls City Beer
05-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Still relatively cheap tickets.

WVRedsFan
05-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Well atm being a Reds fan is a little frustrating so I'm going to look on the bright side. Here are some things past and present that are good about being a Reds fan.

1. Josh Hamilton (numerous reasons)
2. GABP (super facility)
3. Cincinnati Chili at the games.
4. Nice uniforms
5. Starting Pitching has been pretty good
7. Ken Griffey Jr. (every swing of the bat seems to break some MLB record)
8. Bronson Arroyo (pitches well and reminds me of Shaggy from Scooby Doo)
9. Billy Hatcher (Bazooka Joe bubble blowing champion)
10. Jerry Narron (hasn't completely lost it on TV yet during any of the bad relief appearances)
11. Marty and Thom (while at first they seemed overly critical, now I find myself glad they are saying what I'm feeling )
12. Gold Star Chili's cheezy commercials ( who are these bands and are they performing for free Chili ? )
13. RedsZone
14. Watching Todd Coffey run to the mound :eek:
16. 5 World Championships
17. The Big Red Machine
18. Opening Day in Cincinnati
19. We're not Cubs or Pirates fans.
20. A bad day at the GABP is better than a good day at work.

Excellent list. I have noticed that Jerry seems to be gritting his teeth when things start going bad. Hope he has dental insurance. I'd take Coffey running to the mound off because it just seems like so much showboating, but to each his own. I'd replace it with seeing the Reds museum.

foltza
05-14-2007, 06:32 PM
i would like to add #21, having won a world series in my lifetime combined with the indians having not won one in that span

Will
05-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Excellent list. I have noticed that Jerry seems to be gritting his teeth when things start going bad. Hope he has dental insurance. I'd take Coffey running to the mound off because it just seems like so much showboating, but to each his own. I'd replace it with seeing the Reds museum.

Coffey running to the mound makes me smile. Not sure if it's because of his intensity or the way he runs.:)

reds44
05-14-2007, 08:23 PM
If that's the 6th best thing about the Reds fan, then we are in worse shape then I thought.

;)

Will
05-14-2007, 08:36 PM
If that's the 6th best thing about the Reds fan, then we are in worse shape then I thought.

;)

No particular order. Just put em' down as I thought of em' :thumbup:

AtomicDumpling
05-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Good post.

#7 is my favorite. It is fun to watch as Junior passes a Hall of Famer with every swing.

My wife has also commented that Arroyo looks like Shaggy. LOL

Superdude
05-15-2007, 12:15 AM
12. Gold Star Chili's cheezy commercials ( who are these bands and are they performing for free Chili ?

I don't know who I like more, The Newbees or Buckra. Buckra's lyrics give them a definite edge...

Three brand new burrito's!
Get's me on my feeto!

Cant Touch This
05-15-2007, 09:11 AM
I always appreciate the silver lining, but who/what is atm? I'm thinking it may be a typo but I can't figure out what you meant to type and now I can't let it go...

BRM
05-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Thank you for posting a thread like this, personally i'm sick of all the negative posts and complaints.

Props

The Reds are currently battling the Washington Nationals for the worst record in the NL. Negativity can be expected during a season like this one.

That said, good thread. I like the original list. :thumbup:

Sea Ray
05-15-2007, 10:20 AM
I always appreciate the silver lining, but who/what is atm? I'm thinking it may be a typo but I can't figure out what you meant to type and now I can't let it go...

I'm assuming it means "at the moment".

Cant Touch This
05-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Ah. I can see why that would be abbreviated. ;)

Will
05-15-2007, 06:00 PM

Sry for the net lingo. atm is at the moment, imho- in my humble opinion, brb- be right back. Yadda, yadda, yadda. I'll be sure to not be lazy and express myself in English from now on. ttyl :evil:

klw
05-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Other reasons
a. Somewhere I have a vhs tape of 1990 game 4 where Glenn Braggs breaks his bat on his back on a followthrough

b. Get to make immature Dick Pole and Coutlangus jokes. Oh if only the Reds sign Kosuke Fukudome this winter.

c. Get to have lots of excitement at the trading deadline.

d. The pitching in the farm system is stocked

e. Harang is a cool name to say

f. WLW is strong enough that after about 9:30 pm I can pick it up on the car radio at some of the higher and open areas out here in southern New England

h. Always fun to see what the next Milton and Dunn trades will be.

i. Can watch to see if Dunn will manage to put one into the river.