PDA

View Full Version : So the Reds even care? And if not, why should we?

Ludwig Reds Fan
05-15-2007, 03:24 PM
From the paper today:

"You try to pick each other up, and you try to unify and keep the thing afloat," Hatteberg said. "You've got to take losing personal, and I don't know if we're doing that. You've really got to hate it."

:confused:

Who do you suppose Hatty is talking about? Maybe even himself?

Ron Madden
05-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Nothing but window dressing if you ask me.

thorn
05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
You shouldn't care. Stop going to games, protest in front of the stadium, stop buying merchandise, the city and it's people should stop caring immediately. Hopefully in 3 or 4 years, they will move to a bigger market because Cincinnati will no longer be a baseball town. This way you can use GABP as a horse raceing track, maybe lure some soccer team to town. Maybe the Bats can move to CABP. The MLB team then can move to Vegas, this way I can see them play. Maybe then I can take my son to see the great American pastime, we can enjoy going to games together, eating a few dogs, drink a few beers, play a few slots. I think you should start not caring immediately, I kind of like the idea of a team in Vegas.

Redsland
05-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Who do you suppose Hatty is talking about? Maybe even himself?
I doubt he's talking about himself. I suspect he feels exactly like he says others should feel. I suspect he also has a pretty good idea who doesn't feel that way. This is an attempt to get those players' attention and get them to take things more seriously. If they don't, then I'd expect Hatteberg to get in their grills at some point.

It's all part of a process that occurs spontaneously when a veterans, youngsters, and losing baseball are mixed together.

Matt700wlw
05-15-2007, 04:24 PM
A divided locker room, a lost team.....evidence on why it's time to fire Jerry Narron

Bob Winters
05-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Is there even a team leader on this club?

Tony Cloninger
05-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Welsh brought this up yesterday......about how the ballclub seems not to have people who stay around and discuss what needs to be done to right the ship. Would it matter? Is it beacuse of the losing ...that people then pick on the bad clubhouse? What came 1st...bad chemistry or a bad team?

Redsland
05-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Is there even a team leader on this club?

Weathers seems to be. And everyone is going to look toward Dunn and Griff, obviously.

TeamBoone
05-15-2007, 05:22 PM
You shouldn't care. Stop going to games, protest in front of the stadium, stop buying merchandise, the city and it's people should stop caring immediately. Hopefully in 3 or 4 years, they will move to a bigger market because Cincinnati will no longer be a baseball town. This way you can use GABP as a horse raceing track, maybe lure some soccer team to town. Maybe the Bats can move to CABP. The MLB team then can move to Vegas, this way I can see them play. Maybe then I can take my son to see the great American pastime, we can enjoy going to games together, eating a few dogs, drink a few beers, play a few slots. I think you should start not caring immediately, I kind of like the idea of a team in Vegas.

Sorry, thorn, but I don't understand your post. Are you really saying WE shouldn't care and as a result, the team will be moved out of town? And that will be a good thing, especially if it comes to your town of Las Vegas?

I honestly don't get what you are saying.

BTW, Cincinnati already has a soccer team.

thorn
05-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Basically the title of the thread is Do the Reds even care? And if not, why should we. I listed all the reasons you should care, and if you don't, someone else would be happy to "Care" for you, somewhere else. I'm not advocating the Reds move, but if you don't care about the team, I would be happy to.

HUHUH
05-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Weathers seems to be. And everyone is going to look toward Dunn and Griff, obviously.

Absolutely not obvious. I would suggest that Dunn and Griff are PRECISELY who Hatteberg is referring to.

Dracodave
05-16-2007, 08:31 PM
I would suggest that Dunn and Griff are PRECISELY who Hatteberg is referring to.

I'd refute that with atleast Dunn. Seeing him TWICE last night alone, on the GIDP and a strike out, go over to Jacoby and have a discussion about the at-bat. It seems to me that Dunn, does indeed care. Perhaps too much. Griffey, what the heck..? Can we not turn this into a Dunn and Griffey bash.

IMO, Hatteberg is stating that "they" may care, but "they" aren't showing it. So do "they"? Is he talking about Narron? Ross? Valentin? Freel? Who cares who he's taking about. He feels the team is lost and needs help. Thats the big point here. Theres no one supporting the players during their slumps but other players who guess what? They are slumping too.

Misery loves company and thats expecially true if you don't have managers?GM/Owners who care.

Falls City Beer
05-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Every player brought in by Wayne is described as someone who "knows how to play the game," described, that is, by Wayne and Jerry. What gives?