View Full Version : Tigers Call up Andrew Miller

reds44
05-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Bonderman to the DL.

No link yet.

OesterPoster
05-16-2007, 07:12 PM
From the blessyouboys.com blog:

Update - 6:55: It looks like Bonderman will be placed on the DL due to that middle-finger blister he has been suffering from. Unfortunate.

For those that enjoy major-league debuts, and have already forgotten about Virgil Vasquez's start on Sunday night -- #1 pick Andrew Miller's first major-league start will come on Friday in Bonderman's place. While I'm looking forward to that, I can't find much positive about seeing another key pitcher on the DL.

MartyFan
05-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi, my name is Mr. Krivsky...can IN interest you in Eric Milton?

jojo
05-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi, my name is Mr. Krivsky...can IN interest you in Eric Milton?

Hi. I'm Mr Dombrowski. No thanks, we've got at least ten better options in our system that will work for league minimum. This kid Miller for instance is already 3 times the pitcher Milton is when Milton is having a good day.

bounty37h
05-17-2007, 11:33 AM
I love this kid!!!! He is a Tar Heel, and I had the joy of watching him pitch for us for a few great years here, we sur emissed him this season. I really, really wish the Reds had been in a position to draft him, he is going to be a good one. Best of luck to you Drew!!!!!!

foltza
05-17-2007, 12:36 PM
anybody have some brief details on this guy? what he throws, how hard, minor league numbers? i'd do it myself but pretty much anything that can be considered fantasy baseball is blocked by company network

Reds Fanatic
05-17-2007, 01:02 PM
anybody have some brief details on this guy? what he throws, how hard, minor league numbers? i'd do it myself but pretty much anything that can be considered fantasy baseball is blocked by company network

Here is a scouting report on Miller:

Andrew Miller is widely regarded as the best pitcher in the 2006 draft which was laden with quality pitchers. His pitches include a mid to upper 90's fastball, and pretty good late breaking slider and a sub par change-up. His developement should progress nicely in the major leagues after he acquires a better change-up and location to his pitches.