PDA

View Full Version : Future first baseman

Degenerate39
05-20-2007, 01:51 PM
With all the talk of Edwin going to first base I decided to make a poll.

Who would you rather have at first Votto or Edwin?

Matt700wlw
05-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Votto...they'll trade Edwin if they can't find a spot for him

OnBaseMachine
05-20-2007, 01:57 PM
A smart organization would keep Joey Votto as the 1B of the future with Edwin Encarnacion across the diamond at thirdbase, unfortunately, we all know the Reds aren't a smart organization, so expect Edwin to either: a.) get traded or b.) move Edwin to 1B and move Votto to the outfield.

mole44
05-20-2007, 03:43 PM
A smart organization would keep Joey Votto as the 1B of the future with Edwin Encarnacion across the diamond at thirdbase, unfortunately, we all know the Reds aren't a smart organization, so expect Edwin to either: a.) get traded or b.) move Edwin to 1B and move Votto to the outfield.

The sad, sad, sad truth

RedsBaron
05-20-2007, 04:17 PM

I agree. If he can just improve his fielding, with his bat EE can still be an elite thirdbaseman. Move EE to first and he is at best a medicore hitter at that position.

jojo
05-20-2007, 05:08 PM
I agree. If he can just improve his fielding, with his bat EE can still be an elite thirdbaseman. Move EE to first and he is at best a medicore hitter at that position.

EE pretty much projects to be roughly an average thirdbaseman...

jojo
05-20-2007, 05:11 PM

Or EE gets traded for Scott Baker.

Mitri
05-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Votto, obviously. I would love to see Edwin get some work in at first though. I think he could become a pretty decent first baseman and it'd help him get at bats down the road in his career. Next few years he could act as the back-up to Votto, get 20 or so starts there. Couldn't hurt.

dougdirt
05-20-2007, 06:52 PM
I still cant seem to figure out why Joey Votto is playing in left field again today.... lets take the best first base prospect in baseball..... and switch him positions... Makes perfect sense to me. :bang::angry:

pedro
05-20-2007, 06:59 PM
I still cant seem to figure out why Joey Votto is playing in left field again today.... lets take the best first base prospect in baseball..... and switch him positions... Makes perfect sense to me. :bang::angry:

Interesting. I know Votto had some defensive issues at 1B and we all know from the Dunn situation that the Reds don't seem inclined to play guys at 1B that they don't think can cut it defensively.

I wonder if this is the precursor to trading Dunn and moving EE to 1B?

berryluther
05-20-2007, 07:01 PM

Trade Dunn move Votto to left and EE to 1st. You cant see the sense behind that?

pedro
05-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Trade Dunn move Votto to left and EE to 1st. You cant see the sense behind that?

The problem I have with that is that I think it's too soon to give up on EE at 3B as it is harder to find third basemen than it is first basemen.

UC_Ken
05-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Isn't EE a much better athlete than Votto? And if so wouldn't you rather have EE roaming the outfield than Votto?

berryluther
05-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Isn't EE a much better athlete than Votto? And if so wouldn't you rather have EE roaming the outfield than Votto?

Yes, but I proposed this from Wayne K's thinking.

This season is lost, over before it began.

The best course of action is to fire Narron and let EE play 3rd the rest of the year and see weither it is the best position for him.

Trade Conine and Hatte and give the job to Votto.

Trade Loshe at the deadline (wont resign with the Reds) open up 2-3 spots in the rotation for Bailey and some of the other kids in AAA and AA.

Call up Bruce, Janish and Vailaka when the rosters expand. I know these kids are a year or two away but let them get a cup of coffee and hopefully inspire them to work even harder to get there.

Finally......Trade either Dunn or Griffey. Griffey is hot right now and might be open to a deal to a contender he deserves the chance to get a ring. Dunn, well I had hopes that he would improve his SO's, but its apparent that he is a left handed Rob Deer.