PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Eddie G

StrikeIndicator
05-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Just read that Everyday Eddie has hit his second speedbump of the week in an otherwise speedy and uneventful comback.

Once again he missed a session due to "neck pain".

I've had my RC repaired as well as my Superior Labrum and Elbow, so I know what he has been through surgically (but NOT on the mound).

His mechanics seemed a little different after joining the team last year and then late in the season :angry: there went the elbow.
(weakest link theory the orthopods told me the first time that if my shoulder had not torn loose, my elbow would have and visa versa the 2nd time)

I just hope that now that he has his elbow repaired and his mechanics back on track that his "neck pain" is really coming from his shoulder.

StrikeIndicator
05-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Boy do I need a new set of glasses!
well, maybe a new computer screen, this TRS 80 is hard to read

LAST LINE SHOULD HAVE READ
"I hope that his "neck pain" IS NOT coming from his shoulder

Redhook
05-20-2007, 06:49 PM
I like Eddie G., but I'm not worried about him. When and if he arrives, it'll be too little too late.

dougdirt
05-20-2007, 06:51 PM
No offense to Eddie Guardado, but if the Reds are truly relying on a 35+ guy coming back from reconstructive elbow surgery that tells you the state that we are currently in, and that in the end, it matters about as much as a hangnail Adam Dunn has.

JoseRijo059
05-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Talked to Eddie G. at the game on Friday, he said that it was a pinched nerve in his neck and there was no arm problem at all. He said his arm feels great, and he should be throwing off of a mound soon.

Always Red
05-20-2007, 07:03 PM
No offense to Eddie Guardado, but if the Reds are truly relying on a 35+ guy coming back from reconstructive elbow surgery that tells you the state that we are currently in, and that in the end, it matters about as much as a hangnail Adam Dunn has.

Amen, brother.

No way Every Day Eddie come back this fast from TJ surgery at his age. (and I'm 11 years older!)

It just does not happen.

If you love the Reds, you should never again expect to see Guardado pitching for them. If he does, that's wonderful.

But I would not count on it, not at all. At least in save situations.:nono:

mth123
05-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm hoping Eddie comes back, is effective and cheap and can be flipped for the future. That can't happen if he doesn't make it back.

hebroncougar
05-21-2007, 08:27 AM

Agreed..........no way is Eddie G the savior some make him out to be. He was lucky in a very short stint last year, and will be throwing meatballs if he makes it back this year.

StrikeIndicator
05-21-2007, 10:26 AM
My worry is that JN has over and over again stated that they will need to make room for him when he comes back.

I think that management is much more optomistic about his recovery and future performance than those who have posted to this thread.

Personally, I agree that his better days are behind him and that the Reds should having been looking more seriously at young blood to fill the closer spot rather than trying a little of this a little of that "until Eddie comes back!"

44Magnum
05-21-2007, 12:32 PM
I look at someone like Eddie G. as icing on a cake. If you get to use him, that's all well and good, but I wouldn't count on him.