PDA

View Full Version : I Personally Guarantee a Reds Turnaround...Starting Now

Edskin
05-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Well, I "teased" late last week, and now, here it is.

Yes, the smarter RZ members pretty much guessed what the big surprise was going to be. But this year, I am adding a special twist.

In the past, I've started these tracker, "save the season" threads with a note of sarcasm and cynicism-- basically admitting at the outset that my efforts were futile. This year, that's not the case.

This year, this thread is GOING to propel the Reds to a turnaround.

Here is how it's gonna happen:

We play 40 games between now and the end of the day on the 4th of July. I am telling everyone right now, that the fireworks in Cincy that night will be celebrating our nation's independence, as well as the Reds getting themselves back into the race.

Between now and the 4th, the Reds are going to go 26-14. They will be 43-41 as the 4th comes to a close. That will put them in the thick of the playoff race down the stretch. Beyond that, I can't guarantee anything.

This is not a "hope," it is a fact.

If this doesn't happen, I will change my name to ILOVERFS62 for the rest of the season. That's how confident I am :)

It will start this week. We are going to take at least 6 of the 8 games on the homestand.

I will track our progress in this thread.

Enjoy.

TeamCasey
05-21-2007, 07:43 AM
This is the most important guarantee of the season! :)

KronoRed
05-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Krono says 3rd person speak will be the key.

:D

RFS62
05-21-2007, 07:51 AM
If this doesn't happen, I will change my name to ILOVERFS62 for the rest of the season. That's how confident I am :)

It will start this week. We are going to take at least 5 of the 7 games on the homestand.

I will track our progress in this thread.

Enjoy.

Why must you threaten me like this, Ed?

Why, why, I ask you?

I'll root for the Reds like never before.

Edskin
05-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Why must you threaten me like this, Ed?

Could be worse, I could change it to:

ILOVERFS62ANDHELOVESMEANDWEDONTCAREWHOKNOWS

:)

GAC
I guess passing a urine test wasn't a prerequisite for ORG membership huh Ed? But we're in the NL Central - you're never out of the race! :lol:

Cyclone792
The Reds next 17 games really isn't that difficult of a schedule at all, and if they're going to make any move to climb back up in the standings it may very well have to come in the next 17 games.

4 vs. Washington (16-28)
4 vs. Pittsburgh (19-24)
3 @ Houston (21-22)
3 @ St. Louis (16-25)
3 @ Colorado (18-26)

If they can put up a 12-5 record over the next 17 games, they can give themselves a chance.

Of course, I just have a feeling that the interleague schedule may pose some big problems that could quickly seal the season (if it isn't already sealed), especially with three more games against the Indians, three games against the Angels, and three games against the A's.

Edskin
05-21-2007, 07:57 AM
I guess passing a urine test wasn't a prerequisite for ORG membership huh Ed?

Laugh it up GAC, but you will all be bowing to me come the 4th.............

MrCinatit
05-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Well, this certainly does not bode anywhere near the excitement of a sock puppet show - but I think I can deal with a guarantee that the Reds will be in the running by the 4th.
And if it doesn't happen, it will be nice to see RFS with a new admirer. :D

GAC
05-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Laugh it up GAC, but you will all be bowing to me come the 4th.............

or 5th?

http://www.vinospritbolaget.com/images/jack-daniels.jpg

But I'll be happy to bow to you Mr ILOVERFS62ANDHELOVESMEANDWEDONTCAREWHOKNOWS :mooner: