Failed a drug test according to WKRC-TV and Profootballtalk.com

IMO, he's done

:angry:

rotnoid
05-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Who had May 21 in the pool?

Caseyfan21
05-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Get him out of town. No need to continue getting bad press because he continues to make bad decisions. (If this turns out to be true)

OesterPoster
05-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Call me naive, but what drug is he doing to test positive for an opiate? I've seen the Seinfeld episode, so that's the only knowledge of opium I possess. :)

Redsland
05-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Now they're saying that there are conflicting accounts. Henry might not have failed after all.

nmculbreth
05-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Call me naive, but what drug is he doing to test positive for an opiate? I've seen the Seinfeld episode, so that's the only knowledge of opium I possess. :)

Could be a number of things... morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, heroin.

cincy jacket
05-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Did he fail a test or just fail to show up for a test and because of that it is as if he failed? On second thought it doesn't really matter. What else could he have possibly had to do that would be more important than something that could determine his fate as a professional football player?

Reds Fanatic
05-21-2007, 01:20 PM
If this is true that is it for Henry. He was already on an 8 game suspension I am pretty sure the comissioner will kick him out of the league and he deserves it if this turns out to be a true story.

Reds Fanatic
05-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Story is on ESPN.com too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2877555

Suspended Bengals receiver Chris Henry failed a court-ordered drug test and will have to serve 88 days in jail.

Kenton County (Kentucky) Attorney Garry Edmondson said that Henry tested positive for opiates and he will be forced to serve jail time.

Henry's failed drug test was first reported by WKRC-TV in Cincinnati.

Henry is on probation in Florida. It's unclear whether the reported drug test results will force him to serve jail time there.

The Bengals told ESPN's Bob Holtzman that they expect to release a statement regarding Henry later Monday.

Henry, who has been arrested four times since December 2005, has been suspended for the first eight games of next season for violating the NFL's conduct policies. He spent two days in jail last January after pleading guilty to letting minors drink alcohol in a hotel room he had rented.

Henry received traffic tickets on March 25 for driving with a suspended license, failing to use his turn signal and a seat belt violation. He was allowed to go into a license intervention program to settle the charges.

Henry is permitted to work out at the Bengals' facilities in the offseason and participate in training camp, including preseason games. He won't be allowed to practice with the team when the regular season begins. He will be reinstated after the eighth game if he stays out of trouble.

"I must emphasize to you that this is your last opportunity to salvage your NFL career," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote Henry when he suspended him. "I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you in that effort."

paintmered
05-21-2007, 01:27 PM
What a waste.

KronoRed
05-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Strike...5?

Fil3232
05-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Someone tell Pat Forde this is why Cincinnati has embraced Josh Hamilton (for now) and not Chris Henry. Dude just cannot or will not learn. Sad.

TeamSelig
05-21-2007, 01:34 PM
What a loser.

Hope he never plays another game in his life. :(

CTA513
05-21-2007, 01:39 PM
I guess they have one positive and one negative?

Prosecutor: conflicting information now on Henry drug test
Last Update: May 21, 2007 1:32 PM

The Kenton County Attorney now says his office has conflicting information on drug test results involving Bengals receiver Chris Henry.

Earlier today, Garry Edmondson said Henry had failed a court-ordered drug test, adding that Henry tested positive for opiates.

Edmondson indicated it would force Henry to serve up to 88 days in the Kenton County jail.

Edmondson says one test came back negative. He says results of another test are pending. He would not say who told him the test was positive.

Local 12 continues to follow this story.

zombie-a-go-go
05-21-2007, 01:43 PM
He might as well be guilty, even if he's not, the way this story has been handled. The guy's still just a kid, emotionally at least, and if he was trying to get his life on track after his suspension, the way he'll be mocked and lambasted in the media following this episode isn't likely to convince him that he made the right decision.

CTA513
05-21-2007, 02:16 PM
This article was up on Cincinnati.com

Henry agent denies report
BY MARK CURNUTTE

Marvin Frazier, the New Jersey-based agent for Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry, today denied a Kenton Country prosecutor's claim that Henry failed a drug test.

"The final result is negative," Frazier told the Enquirer. "It's all (nonsense)."

Frazier said he talked this afternoon with Bengals player relations director Eric Ball, and Ball told Frazier that the final test was negative.

Ken Easterling, a Kenton County prosecutor, today said initial results indicated that Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry failed a drug test.

However, Easterling stressed that Kenton County is awaiting final analysis from the Kentucky state lab.

"We cannot confirm or deny (Henry's test sample) contains a controlled substance," he said.

Easterling talked to the Enquirer following comments made by Kenton County prosecutor Gary Edmondson, who told television reporters this morning that Henry failed the drug test and that he could be facing jail time.

This afternoon, the Bengals released this statement:

"For Chris Henry to return playing NFL football, the Bengals understand that he must comply with certain legal and NFL-related procedures. To date, to the Club’s knowledge, Chris has been complying with those procedures, and the Club is not aware at this point of any circumstance in which Chris has not complied with his obligations.

"With respect to the Northern Kentucky proceedings, reports to date may not be based on complete information. More information is expected to be made available shortly, once all the procedural tests are complete, and the Club will await any action until that information has been released."

Henry must serve an eight-game suspension in 2007 for a series of off-field incidents. The suspension was issued by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in April.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070521/SPT02/305210040/-1/CINCI

Chip R
05-21-2007, 02:21 PM
This is all just a misunderstanding. What probably happened was that Chris had a poppy seed bagel the day he tested positive and that's the problem. I'm sure that's it cause he'd never put his career at risk for doing something stupid.

GAC
05-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Maybe he was simply studying for the test? :mooner:

deltachi8
05-22-2007, 09:09 AM
This is all just a misunderstanding. What probably happened was that Chris had a poppy seed bagel the day he tested positive and that's the problem. I'm sure that's it cause he'd never put his career at risk for doing something stupid.

Well IF he did, why didn't he think of having Mrs. Seinfeld pee in ajuice glass for him? Come on, it's really not that difficult Chris...

KronoRed
05-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Maybe he was simply studying for the test? :mooner:

Study? come on now ;)

bucksfan2
05-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Here is my thing. The guy who leaked this information to the press should be fired/sued and ESPN better rethink their position of running to the wire in order to get the information out first. Henry has made more mistakes than most but if he is trying to stay clean and someone reports this to the presses in order to see their name in the limelight should be fired.

Chip R
05-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Here is my thing. The guy who leaked this information to the press should be fired/sued and ESPN better rethink their position of running to the wire in order to get the information out first. Henry has made more mistakes than most but if he is trying to stay clean and someone reports this to the presses in order to see their name in the limelight should be fired.

I agree that the person who leaked the info should be severely reprimanded if not dismissed. But WKRC and profootballtalk.com were the ones who broke this, not ESPN. I'm not a big fan of how ESPN goes about things but they just reported what others did. And who can blame anyone for reporting this as fact? It's not exactly beyond the realm of possibility to believe that Henry failed a drug test. If it were someone like Carson Palmer or Chad Johnson, yeah, you might want to hold off until you are very sure but in this case, the only one at fault here was the person who leaked the info.

Danny Serafini
05-23-2007, 01:02 PM
From the Post Bengals blog:

Here is a release that just came out from the Kentucky Division of Probation & Parole

Frankfort, Ky. – In recent days, there have been published and broadcast reports that Chris Henry failed a drug test. This information did not come from the state Division of Probation & Parole. Repeated referrals to our office by the Kenton County Attorney’s office were wrong. The Kenton County Attorney’s Office has no jurisdiction in our probation supervision of Henry. Our office did, however, receive results of a drug test conducted on Henry today, and those results were negative.

The state Division of Probation & Parole, through our District 7 office in Newport, provides probation supervision of Chris Henry for the Florida Division of Probation and Parole. This supervision is provided through what is called the interstate compact agreement and is in connection with Henry’s Florida conviction in 2006 for carrying a concealed firearm. Henry received a sentence of two years supervised probation and that probation, under the interstate agreement, was transferred to Boone County, Kentucky.

LoganBuck
05-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Does Henry may have grounds for a lawsuit over this?

bucksfan2
05-23-2007, 02:23 PM
I think its funny how most networks ran with this story yet have failed to mention that they were wrong.

Chip R
05-23-2007, 02:26 PM
I think its funny how most networks ran with this story yet have failed to mention that they were wrong.

That's the way it always is. If it says you're guilty on Page 1, when it turns out you're innocent, it's on page 65 next to the obits.

Playadlc
05-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Hilarious.

Easterling goes and runs his mouth to the public without getting his facts right and it blows up in his face.

Chris Henry is owed and apology.

HotCorner
05-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Ken Easterling =

http://www.amcostarica.com/screwed100505.jpg

SunDeck
05-23-2007, 03:14 PM
I agree that the person who leaked the info should be severely reprimanded if not dismissed. But WKRC and profootballtalk.com were the ones who broke this, not ESPN.

I'd say having the prosecucutor telling you a guy failed his drug test is worth reporting. They didn't "break" the story, the doofus prosecutor did. I can't imagine what the guy was thinking...maybe he's the one who needs to pee in a cup.

zombie-a-go-go
05-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Chris Henry is owed and apology.

By a lot of people, I'd say.

OSUredsFAN
05-23-2007, 04:44 PM
By a lot of people, I'd say.

from people on this board as well

paintmered
05-23-2007, 10:44 PM
from people on this board as well

Agreed. I retract my statement. I never should have made it in the first place.

RedFanAlways1966
05-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Kenton County (Kentucky) Attorney Garry Edmondson said that Henry tested positive for opiates and he will be forced to serve jail time.

This big-mouth-liar (at minimum) should be suspended for the first 8 trials of the season.

:thumbdown

zombie-a-go-go
05-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Now the Prosecutor says he won't apologize to Henry because the Wide Receiver is "a lowlife not worth the attention."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070525/SPT02/705250429/1066

Kenton County Attorney Garry Edmondson on Thursday called Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry a "lowlife" and said he doesn't think he owes anybody an apology.

Edmondson on Monday had told reporters that Henry had failed a drug test, then later said results were "inconclusive."

His office has yet to issue any statement about the test results.

Henry's lawyer said Wednesday that test results show Henry is clean, and that he is owed an apology.

On Thursday, Edmondson said he's "shocked" anybody would be sympathetic toward Henry.

"This is a lowlife not worth the attention," said Edmondson, who made the comments in an interview with David Wells, The Enquirer's editorial page editor.

When told of Edmondson's comments, Marvin Frazier, Henry's New Jersey-based agent, said he was disappointed.

"I'm very upset about everything he said," Frazier said. "This is America. You are innocent until proven guilty."

Henry did not return a message left on his cell phone. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis declined to comment.

Edmondson told reporters Monday morning that Henry failed a drug test and violated his probation in Kenton County.

Later that day, Edmondson said the results were "up in the air. Some say he did (fail), and some say he didn't. It's inconclusive at this point."

Henry is randomly drug-tested as part of his probation in Kentucky and Florida. The receiver is on two years' probation in Orange County, Fla., for a felony gun conviction. He is on probation in Kenton County for allowing a minor to drink alcohol in his hotel room.

Two recent Henry samples initially screened positive, so they were sent to state labs for further analysis.

On Wednesday, a Kentucky government agency announced that its analysis of a sample Henry provided for the state of Florida showed Henry is clean. Also Wednesday, Henry's lawyer, Robert Lotz, said the results of the test Henry took for Kenton County showed the same.

Edmondson said the attention devoted this week to the Henry story is "partly my fault, no doubt," but he also blamed Lotz.

Edmondson said it all started Monday morning, when a Channel 12 reporter approached him and said Lotz had "acted kind of hinky" when he was asked in passing how Henry was doing.

Edmondson then told the reporter that his office had received word the previous week that Henry had failed the two preliminary tests.

"So I told him that the rumor around the courthouse was that he (Henry) had failed a drug test," Edmondson said.

The story was posted, and Edmondson said by the time he got back from lunch on Monday, there were several television cameras waiting for him.

Jaycint
05-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Now the Prosecutor says he won't apologize to Henry because the Wide Receiver is "a lowlife not worth the attention."

Very professional.

Danny Serafini
05-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Something tells me he'll be getting a call from his boss with a message to shut up already. The guy is becoming an embarrassment to the office.

Chip R
05-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Something tells me he'll be getting a call from his boss with a message to shut up already. The guy is becoming an embarrassment to the office.

You would think. But the guy has to think he has some pretty good job security if he can say stuff like that without repurcussions.

CTA513
05-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Edmondson is just digging himself into a deeper hole.

Matt700wlw
05-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Edmondson has no right to do that when he's the one who falsely accused Henry of failing a drug test.

He profiled Henry based on his past....if not more.

Shame on him.

rotnoid
05-25-2007, 05:37 PM
This guy is an elected official. His job security rests in the hands of the citizens of Kenton County. He must have some pretty high polling data to be saying things of this nature about any of this city's beloved Cincinnati Bengals.

Cooper
05-25-2007, 08:06 PM
If "the lowlife ain't worth the attention"- why did he bring it up in the first place? He sure thought he was worth the attention when he tested positive.

Steve4192
05-26-2007, 09:58 AM
"This is a lowlife not worth the attention"

I feel the same way about Edmondson.

TeamSelig
05-26-2007, 02:37 PM
I can't argue the fact that he is a lowlife worth any attention, but why would he lie about him failing the test? I'm kind of surprised Henry doesn't sue him or something

Chip R
05-27-2007, 01:30 AM
I can't argue the fact that he is a lowlife worth any attention, but why would he lie about him failing the test? I'm kind of surprised Henry doesn't sue him or something

Slander is tough to prove - especially for public figures who are held to lower standards than normal citizens. If Henry sues that prosecutor, Henry's life is going to be an open book. Every bad thing he has done from adolesence to the present is fair game. Pretend you are on a jury hearing this case. You just said that you can't argue that Henry is a lowlife. You just made the defense's case. Truth is the ultimate defense. Hopefully Henry is getting his life back together but there's a reason why people were so ready to believe that he had failed that test. Just cause this guy jumped the gun doesn't erase all of Henry's past crimes.

On a related subject, how about Marvin callng out the police? You have to believe that there have been Bengals players who got into trouble and the cops let it slide because they didn't want them getting into trouble. If I were a Bengal, I'd make sure I bought unbreakable taillights.

Allegro
05-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Edmonson is a clown. His comments about the Henry case did not surprise me in the least, it's par for the course coming from him. The only reason he was re-elcted the last time is because the guy that ran against him is a much bigger clown, believe it or not.

Steve4192
05-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Edmonson is a clown. His comments about the Henry case did not surprise me in the least, it's par for the course coming from him. The only reason he was re-elcted the last time is because the guy that ran against him is a much bigger clown, believe it or not.

Was it this guy?

http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs17/brittenbozo.jpg

TeamSelig
05-29-2007, 12:18 PM
I lost a ton of respect for Marvin Lewis after those comments he made. First, not using a turn signal IS enough reason to be pulled over, and if his players weren't A) drunk B) high C) possessing drugs D) possessing guns or E) all of the above, then they wouldn't be arrested after being pulled over. I think Lewis' stance on this kind of makes sense as to why our team is constantly being arrested.

Hoosier Red
05-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Now to be fair, the spin, or at least what he said following the initial statement was about right.

Basically the players are celebrities and stand out, if a group of people are all misbehaving, the players are the ones who will get caught because they are the easiest to recognize. That I agree with. But I don't think the players are necessarily being targeted by the police.

Chip R
05-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Now to be fair, the spin, or at least what he said following the initial statement was about right.

Basically the players are celebrities and stand out, if a group of people are all misbehaving, the players are the ones who will get caught because they are the easiest to recognize. That I agree with. But I don't think the players are necessarily being targeted by the police.

But, on the other hand, they get away with more stuff than if it were you or I.