PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye REDSZONE

redram
05-21-2007, 06:50 PM
I have been a member of this forum since 2004. I don't post very much but usually just read others post. I would have never posted enough to gain popularity points to get into Red Gaurd, but that was ok with me. But for you to not allow us to have a game thread in our little forum where we are allowed to post has just sent me over the top. I have been a Reds Fan since before many of you were born. I am 49 years old, yet not allowed to post my thoughts on a game in a game thread ? I agree that forums get trolls and that is why you did what you did a couple of years ago with the rep points, but that turned into a populatity contest, kinda like American Idol. I post from time to time, many of them positive remarks and some negative ones. That is called showing passion for your team IMO. I have never attacked anyone here and never would. I just do not see the reasoning behind not allowing a game thread where we can post as well. There are many other Reds forums out there, they may or may not be as nice a place as this one. I have never tried anywhere else. I guess I will get to find out. I Love the Reds, I Love reading about what is going on with MY TEAM, and I Love being able to post my thoughts when I want to. I don't like or agree with this so I guess I will leave. I am not asking for you to change your policy, or even give a Rats ____ about me leaving. I just wanted to voice my opinion one final time on a forum that I have loved coming to for over 3 years. This is SAD SAD SAD.......

keeganbrick
05-21-2007, 06:53 PM
I wish we had a game thread too.

steig
05-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Sorry, to see you go.

TC81190
05-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I have been a member of this forum since 2004. I don't post very much but usually just read others post. I would have never posted enough to gain popularity points to get into Red Gaurd, but that was ok with me. But for you to not allow us to have a game thread in our little forum where we are allowed to post has just sent me over the top. I have been a Reds Fan since before many of you were born. I am 49 years old, yet not allowed to post my thoughts on a game in a game thread ? I agree that forums get trolls and that is why you did what you did a couple of years ago with the rep points, but that turned into a populatity contest, kinda like American Idol. I post from time to time, many of them positive remarks and some negative ones. That is called showing passion for your team IMO. I have never attacked anyone here and never would. I just do not see the reasoning behind not allowing a game thread where we can post as well. There are many other Reds forums out there, they may or may not be as nice a place as this one. I have never tried anywhere else. I guess I will get to find out. I Love the Reds, I Love reading about what is going on with MY TEAM, and I Love being able to post my thoughts when I want to. I don't like or agree with this so I guess I will leave. I am not asking for you to change your policy, or even give a Rats ____ about me leaving. I just wanted to voice my opinion one final time on a forum that I have loved coming to for over 3 years. This is SAD SAD SAD.......

I agree, sometimes this place makes me feel like a child, mentally challeneged or both. I'm sick of the clique nature of the board, the whole popularity contest. This board is now on its death-bed.

Degenerate39
05-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Unfortunetly I'm pondering my retirement from Redszone also. For the reasons you have already stated Redram. It'll be tough to find another Reds Message Board as good as this one though.

Joseph
05-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Unfortunetly I'm pondering my retirement from Redszone also. For the reasons you have already stated Redram. It'll be tough to find another Reds Message Board as good as this one though.

If this board is so good, why would you want to leave it? You can still post, you can still read, the only thing thats changing is the 'mess' of things that had developed.

reds44
05-21-2007, 07:23 PM
If this board is so good, why would you want to leave it? You can still post, you can still read, the only thing thats changing is the 'mess' of things that had developed.
So those that aren't on ORG are the reason for the "mess"?

jimbo
05-21-2007, 07:27 PM

I don't think it was a mess at all. If you want to see a mess go visit cincinnati.com. The was hands down the best Reds forum available. Now it is just a divided community where there are a large group of members who have been told "you're no longer good enough."

TC81190
05-21-2007, 07:28 PM
So those that aren't on ORG are the reason for the "mess"?

You're not in the clique, deal with it. :laugh:

KittyDuran
05-21-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't think it was a mess at all. If you want to see a mess go visit cincinnati.com. The was hands down the best Reds forum available. Now it is just a divided community where there are a large group of members who have been told "you're no longer good enough."This isn't the first time that RZ has been divided... you should've seen the broohaha when it ORG and Reds Live! split two years ago...:eek:

KYRed
05-21-2007, 07:38 PM
This is coming from a RL veteran so maybe its not worth anything. Yet,...

While I mean nothing personal against anyone, this just seems like a doctor ordered an amputation from the knee down after a big toe injury.

I wasn't really affected other than being banned from game threads, but I'm intrigued at the chosen method and execution.

2001MUgrad
05-21-2007, 08:20 PM
This is coming from a RL veteran so maybe its not worth anything. Yet,...

While I mean nothing personal against anyone, this just seems like a doctor ordered an amputation from the knee down after a big toe injury.

I wasn't really affected other than being banned from game threads, but I'm intrigued at the chosen method and execution.

This was a way where it could be more easily chosen who would be among the "elite" and who wasn't. Evidently all wheren't able to be weeded out with the reputation process.

I guess you could call it a "God Complex." You aren't good enough for Heaven. Let's stick you in Purgatory.

KYRed
05-21-2007, 08:39 PM
This was a way where it could be more easily chosen who would be among the "elite" and who wasn't. Evidently all wheren't able to be weeded out with the reputation process.

I guess you could call it a "God Complex." You aren't good enough for Heaven. Let's stick you in Purgatory.

Like I said, I just don't get the chosen method, or a decision to annoint 240 worthy. However, it is a privately owned and run site, and their decision. And while I don't know any of these posters personally, I'm really surprised at some of the people denied immediate ORG access. I only say that because I enjoyed reading their posts and I felt they contributed on ORG (Mind you again that I am only reading).

It seems as though there were a handful or maybe several dozen ORG members that were viewed as the main problem, so I would think they could have just been demoted. I also enjoyed seeing contributions on RL from more established posters. They decided a change in structure was in order however. Water under the bridge though, and again it is a private site, so I have no say there and harbor no ill feelings about any decisions.

Boss-Hog
05-21-2007, 08:46 PM

...or we could have just allowed only Old Red Guard members access of any kind and gave everyone else the boot, as was proposed. In fact, that's essentially what Sons of Sam Horn (www.sonsofsamhorn.com) did when they reached a similar dilemma.

captainmorgan07
05-21-2007, 08:52 PM
i myself am alil mad that i cannot post in game threads but i feel it is challenge to post good enough material to get myself back to the ORG status

Dracodave
05-21-2007, 08:54 PM

And it's comment's like this that make us "unworthy" posters, feel like it's a popularity contest and that we're direct blame for everything. Reds44, I feel most upset for him. I think I've known him from another forum board and if its the same kid, I have FULL respect for him.

Moving on, I am only commenting on this thread once with my statements. I got the 200 rep points, I posted a joke about getting in to ORG. I stayed in Reds Live!. Why? More conversations, people who you could actually have a conversation with that didnt just ignore you and move on. There were alot of us that did make good posts. We were overlooked or just plain ignored. It happens. It's a internet message board that wants to think it's a Illumanti society where only the "chosen few" can participate in "enlightened conversations" about baseball.

The rest of us..we are what you just called a "mess". So...I have to say this. If we're going to split into two. I'd rather stay where my senses aren't assualted. Where I can be unkempt, unruly and my defenses aren't devoured by spoil bought arrogance. If I have a audience of the most prestigious or not, I'd rather stay with the low and the decadant.

Poverty builds character.

Bob Winters
05-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Too subtle?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/lizcoolmompicks/wonderfulday.jpg

"We're on the Island of Misfit Toys"

kbrake
05-21-2007, 09:14 PM
...or we could have just allowed only Old Red Guard members access of any kind and gave everyone else the boot, as was proposed. In fact, that's essentially what Sons of Sam Horn (www.sonsofsamhorn.com) did when they reached a similar dilemma.

Then go ahead and give us all the boot. Two years ago or whenever you guys did the original split most of us were supportive. We agreed with you something needed to be done. So we went to Reds Live and did what we could to prove our worth. Now for a second time we are being told we are not up to your standards.

Sorry we cant all make donations to message boards. Its like its a game for you guys. You got this tight group that has been here forever and every now and again you get bored so you kick everyone out and set up a new standard to get in. Then when people who have made nothing but positive contributions to this site get pissed we get told to go else where or quit complaning.

I have always bragged to other Reds fans about how great this place is, but you guys really screwed up this time. Thanks for everything before this. kbrake

Boss-Hog
05-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Well, it's too bad you feel that way. When GIK and I looked at where the site was headed long-term, we were both confident that the status quo wasn't going to work. Whether you agree with the changes or not, (I already know you dont) we felt they were necessary over the long haul. As far as donations, this has absolutely nothing to do with that. We've operated the site for over seven years without making a dime, even though we've had plenty of opportunities to do so. Instead, we founded the site because we're Reds fans and we enjoy the discussions this site offers.

As for this:

Two years ago or whenever you guys did the original split most of us were supportive

I was in the same position two years ago and I know that simply wasn't the case. If you think there is a group of people voicing their opposition right now, I know from past experience that it was much more vocal two years ago. I don't expect everyone to agree with the decisions we make (is that possible with 2,500+ people?) but to act as if everyone was on board with the changes two years ago simply isn't true.

WMR
05-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Personally, I always thought one of the best things about RZ was how different it was--and proud to be so--from the super-elitist sons of sam horn board.

kbrake
05-21-2007, 09:56 PM
As far as donations, this has absolutely nothing to do with that.

I was in the same position two years ago and I know that simply wasn't the case. If you think there is a group of people voicing their opposition right now, I know from past experience that it was much more vocal two years ago. I don't expect everyone to agree with the decisions we make (is that possible with 2,500+ people?) but to act as if everyone was on board with the changes two years ago simply isn't true.

To the first part of your post, thats a lie. I am not making this personal so dont take it that way. I disagree with this more than you know but its not on a personal level. Back to my point dont say donations have nothing to do with it because in another post you made today in another thread you said that you guys looked at several things including donations.

To your other point, I was wrong and you are right. Not everyone agreed, but alot of people got over it and did what they could to prove they were worth it. How many times do you expect us to continue to do the same thing?

Boss-Hog
05-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Do you have any idea how far down the line donations were before they were used a criteria, if they were at all? Go reread my post - I made it clear that it was a one of the last criteria that I personally used and only for the last ~50 users, assuming other criteria were roughly equal. If this was some conspiracy of ours make money off the site, we would have implemented advertising a long, long time ago.

BaseballBum
05-21-2007, 10:11 PM
"Well, it's too bad you feel that way. When GIK and I looked at where the site was headed long-term, we were both confident that the status quo wasn't going to work."

"We've operated the site for over seven years without making a dime, even though we've had plenty of opportunities to do so."

So the status quo wasn't working, but you could have made a profit if you had wanted to? Doesn't really make sense.

kbrake
05-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Do you have any idea how far down the line donations were before they were used a criteria, if they were at all? Go reread my post - I made it clear that it was a one of the last criteria that I personally used and only for the last ~50 users, assuming other criteria were roughly equal. If this was some conspiracy of ours make money off the site, we would have implemented advertising a long, long time ago.

Trust me I know its not all about money but it bothers me that if maybe I had made a donation it would have put me over the top and got me into the big kids club.

Boss-Hog
05-21-2007, 10:18 PM
"Well, it's too bad you feel that way. When GIK and I looked at where the site was headed long-term, we were both confident that the status quo wasn't going to work."

"We've operated the site for over seven years without making a dime, even though we've had plenty of opportunities to do so."

So the status quo wasn't working, but you could have made a profit if you had wanted to? Doesn't really make sense.
In terms of our mission and reasons for following the site, the overall level of discussion (on multiple forums) was not working in the short-term, nor would it have in the long run. That, however, is independent on if advertising or another form of revenue could have been implemented sometime in the past seven years.

smith288
05-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Its a forum. If some of you get so broken up about this, i would HATE to see the drama going on in your lives. Relax folks. Its just growth. Sons of had to deal with it and now its one of the most successful baseball forums out there. We would like to reach those heights.

reds1869
05-21-2007, 11:17 PM
To the first part of your post, thats a lie. I am not making this personal so dont take it that way. I disagree with this more than you know but its not on a personal level. Back to my point dont say donations have nothing to do with it because in another post you made today in another thread you said that you guys looked at several things including donations.

I can vouch for the fact that donations were not an "automatic in" to ORG status. I donated a little bit, I'm not in ORG, and I'm over it.

The name calling today has really irritated me...this thread just proves why unpleasant decisions have been made over the past several years. I don't think I would have made the same choice as the owners, but I certainly would have moved in a similar direction.

AtomicDumpling
05-22-2007, 02:13 AM
LOL

This "new direction" is a joke. I can't believe the moderators are so full of themselves. I am new here so I don't know all the things that have happened in the past, but from my perspective the new changes are no big loss. I will just go to one of the many other boards. No big deal.

If the chosen baseball geniuses don't want to listen to what I have to say then it is their loss not mine.

From I have read on this site I think I know much more about baseball than most of the people in the ORG. They can just continue to dwell in their ignorance while the new blood takes their "business" elsewhere.

I know when I am not welcome.

C' ya.

TeamBoone
05-22-2007, 02:43 AM

They can't have a game thread... and that's a big deal on this board.

TeamBoone
05-22-2007, 02:53 AM

It isn't a lie. I know someone who's donated every year and didn't retain ORG status this go around.

sonny
05-22-2007, 03:19 AM
LOL

This "new direction" is a joke. I can't believe the moderators are so full of themselves. I am new here so I don't know all the things that have happened in the past, but from my perspective the new changes are no big loss. I will just go to one of the many other boards. No big deal.

If the chosen baseball geniuses don't want to listen to what I have to say then it is their loss not mine.

From I have read on this site I think I know much more about baseball than most of the people in the ORG. They can just continue to dwell in their ignorance while the new blood takes their "business" elsewhere.
I know when I am not welcome.

C' ya.

What would RZ be without your humilty?

thatcoolguy_22
05-22-2007, 03:26 AM
Since this board is so good, why would we want to change it? You can still post, you can still read, the only thing thats changing is the ever increasing ominpotent-esque control that the moderators maintain over the site deciding who is and isn't mentally capable to post their own opinions.

I once thought that only the military would ignore a problem and say that is just how it is going to be after countless complaints from the people that make the enitre organization but, redszone.com moderators have proven me wrong.

We do try evah so hardah massah to understand what all you'se people say up there in ORG and in yourah gamethreads but sir we only have brains but soo bee-ig

oh, and i fixed your quote...

Caveat Emperor
05-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Not to be a jerk, but grandstanding before you leave an internet message board is kinda like a 5th grader announcing to his parents that he's running away from home and never coming back.

If you don't like the new changes, then go and find someplace else to talk baseball that is more to your liking. Simple as that.

BTW -- This exact same conversation has happened on RZ with every major change. When the rep system was implemented tons of displaced posters were upset that they'd lost access to Cincinnati Reds Talk (the precursor to ORG). Before that, there was violent anger at non-paying members of RZ having a per-hour post cap.

The world continues to turn, believe it or not.

Joseph
05-22-2007, 04:04 PM
oh, and i fixed your quote...

No where in my original statement did I say anyone was incapable or not allowed to post their opinion. I understand being upset at some of the changes, I even understand taking offense to my terming some things a 'mess', but I've never insulted anyone's intelligence nor ability to convey said intelligence.

Heath
05-23-2007, 02:14 PM
For some odd reason, I am waiting for a lot of N/A's to start appearing on some of the poster's handle.

N/A means you've been removed.

registerthis
05-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Wow, the vitriol being spewed in this thread is something fierce.

This is a free message board operated by people simply because they love the reds and they choose to . There's no inherent "right" to be able to post where you please, when you please, and on whatever topic or level of discourse you deem appropriate. Seems a lot of people have lost sight of that fact.

And if you're the type to hurl insults and threaten to take your ball and go home, then I guess the phrase "I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member" applies.

Good grief people, get over yourselves.

redsfan1966
05-23-2007, 05:28 PM
I am a little skeptical about the latest changes--but realize I have no right to post--it is entirely up to those who run the board--I do have misgivings about the "us and them" attitude I sense....even though I have enjoyed RedsZone, it does come down to the old adage---"Why would you want to go somewhere where you're not welcome??"

Will
05-23-2007, 05:29 PM
I will no longer be visiting the RedsZone. With all the uproar over the changes and what appears to be an elitest attitude over which part of a baseball forum people are allowed to post on, I've seen enough. This really is pretty silly. What would make the most sense is to allow all people to post in all forums and if you run into a problem ban the offending party. I really think some of the people here need a reality check, this is a forum for discussing a game, not life or death and I don't think having access to the ORG really will make anyone's life complete.

redsfanmia
05-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Wow, the vitriol being spewed in this thread is something fierce.

This is a free message board operated by people simply because they love the reds and they choose to . There's no inherent "right" to be able to post where you please, when you please, and on whatever topic or level of discourse you deem appropriate. Seems a lot of people have lost sight of that fact.

And if you're the type to hurl insults and threaten to take your ball and go home, then I guess the phrase "I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member" applies.

Good grief people, get over yourselves.

Good post, I like many was upset at the changes at first but after an hour or so I got over it. I know I am not one of the top posters on the site I dont provide statistical facts to back my opinions. I dont have the time to research it and honestly the stats side of things kind of take away the joy of the game for me. This is a free site and is pretty much the only site I come to so I am going to keep coming here. I am fine posting in the Sun Deck.

bthomasiscool
05-23-2007, 07:11 PM

It might have something to do with the fact that grown men are being told what they can and can not do. You being a man, you most likely understand. Children don't like to be treated like children; Men don't deserve to be treated like them either.

westofyou
05-23-2007, 07:16 PM
It might have something to do with the fact that grown men are being told what they can and can not do. You being a man, you most likely understand. Children don't like to be treated like children; Men don't deserve to be treated like them either.

Did you pay money to use Redszone?

When you pay for content you can then dictate how it's delivered to you. Until then you can either look for more sources on the grid that will let you dictate content or you can play by the rules created by the guys who built the site.

BTW how many of you have managed a software project like Redszone?

For free.

pedro
05-23-2007, 07:20 PM
For free.

for 7 years.

bthomasiscool
05-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Did you pay money to use Redszone?

When you pay for content you can then dictate how it's delivered to you. Until then you can either look for more sources on the grid that will let you dictate content or you can play by the rules created by the guys who built the site.

BTW how many of you have managed a software project like Redszone?

For free.

First off I have donated money for Redszone. So yes, I do believe I can state my opinion. Two, you have 26,000 posts. Get a life. According to you, since I have paid before I guess I can dictate something. I was talking to people with 5,000 or less posts, or ones who are willing to simply converse and not try to be the redszone bad-ass and calls others out.

Raisor
05-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I would like to announce that I have no intention of leaving. I'm getting wireless access for my tomb when the time comes, so I'll have access forever.

Those of you that want to leave, go ahead, we'll manage somehow.

Joseph
05-23-2007, 07:47 PM

You also, as a grown man, don't walk into another mans house and tell him how to run his household. Men respect the wishes and rules of another mans house.

WMR
05-23-2007, 07:48 PM
I would like to announce that I have no intention of leaving. I'm getting wireless access for my tomb when the time comes, so I'll have access forever.

Those of you that want to leave, go ahead, we'll manage somehow.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

westofyou
05-23-2007, 08:04 PM
First off I have donated money for Redszone. So yes, I do believe I can state my opinion. Two, you have 26,000 posts. Get a life. According to you, since I have paid before I guess I can dictate something. I was talking to people with 5,000 or less posts, or ones who are willing to simply converse and not try to be the redszone bad-ass and calls others out.
No one said you couldn't state your opinion, you seem quite capable of doing that. As for me calling "you" out I wasn't but now I will.

* Edited

pedro
05-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Starry
starry night
paint your palette red and grey

look out on a summer's day
with eyes that know the
darkness in my soul.
Shadows on the hills
sketch the trees and the daffodils

catch the breeze and the winter chills

in colors on the snowy linen land.
And now I understand what you tried to say to me

how you suffered for your sanity
how you tried to set them free.
They would not listen
they did not know how

perhaps they'll listen now.

Starry
starry night
flaming flo'rs that brightly blaze

swirling clouds in violet haze reflect in
redszone's eyes of China red.
Colors changing hue
morning fields of amber grain

weathered faces lined in pain
are soothed beneath the artist's
loving hand.
And now I understand what you tried to say to me

perhaps they'll listen now.

For they could not love you
but still your love was true

and when no hope was left in sight on that starry
starry night.
You took your life
as posters often do;
But I could have told you
redszone
this world was never
meant for one
as beautiful as you.

Starry
starry night
portraits hung in empty halls

frameless heads on nameless walls
with eyes
that watch the world and can't forget.
Like the stranger that you've met

the ragged men in ragged clothes

the silver thorn of bloddy rose
lie crushed and broken
on the virgin snow.
And now I think I know what you tried to say to me

They would not listen
they're not
list'ning still
perhaps they never will.

RedsBaron
05-23-2007, 08:37 PM
You also, as a grown man, don't walk into another mans house and tell him how to run his household. Men respect the wishes and rules of another mans house.

:thumbup: This house is owned by Boss and GIK. Anyone else is a guest.

Puffy
05-23-2007, 09:27 PM
I would like to announce that I have no intention of leaving.

OK, Boss and GIK - back to the drawing board. :cry:

Boss-Hog
05-23-2007, 09:33 PM
OK, Boss and GIK - back to the drawing board. :cry:
:laugh:

Redlegs23
05-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Boss-Hog, if I could step into your house for a minute and ask you a question I would appreciate it. I really could care less about having access to the ORG, the Sun Deck suites me just fine. What I don't understand is why can't we have a game thread in the Sun Deck? Game threads are the main reason I come to this site, and I really enjoy following them while watching the games. Any specific reasons why it would be so bad for us peons to have a game thread?

paintmered
05-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Boss-Hog, if I could step into your house for a minute and ask you a question I would appreciate it. I really could care less about having access to the ORG, the Sun Deck suites me just fine. What I don't understand is why can't we have a game thread in the Sun Deck? Game threads are the main reason I come to this site, and I really enjoy following them while watching the games. Any specific reasons why it would be so bad for us peons to have a game thread?

If you had a game thread, there would be less incentive to be elected into ORG. That's pretty much the long and short of it. For the system to work as planned, we have to give something to ORG that isn't available to everyone else.

For what its worth, I enjoy chat better than the game threads anyway. Less rules, more flowing conversation and no hitting F5 every 10 seconds.

Raisor
05-23-2007, 10:08 PM
:laugh:

Raisor's Bad List
1. Puffy
2. Boss

:mooner:

FlyerFanatic
05-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Was wondering why I couldnt post in a game thread...guess its just not me. Interesting way to approach it, i wont be sticking around, so all you idiots can continue to babble about whatever it is you babble about. 90% of this board is filled with idiots, who have no idea wtf they are talking about. peace out

Boss-Hog
05-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Why, yes, since you asked kindly...

The decision to only have the game thread in the ORG forum was made for a few reasons. First and foremost, as has been mentioned, GIK and I want The Old Red Guard forum to represent RedsZone. Also, as paint mentioned somewhere else, the game thread is an incentive for those currently without ORG access to take the necessary steps to gain it.

Secondly, the quality of the game threads had deteriorated to that point that a few of us almost felt embarassed to have them on the site in their current state. I've never been much to follow the game via the game threads, but I respect those that choose to do so. However, when I did attempt to read it, the vast majority of the posts were knee-jerk reactions based on what just happened in the game. 'Oh man, we really suck', 'I hate this team', 'I've given up on these bums' to the complete other end of the specturm when the Reds play well (very rarely as of late ;) ). I'm all for having passionate fans post here, and I certainly understand that the game threads lend themselves to discussion that isn't what we're striving for overall, but those type of comments aren't what I like to see when I do read the game threads. The sky isn't falling when they lose, nor should anyone be printing World Series tickets when they win, but it's hard to tell that from sampling a game thread.

Thirdly and also very importantly, in their current format, the game threads were extremely time-consuming to moderate. You have thousands upon thousands of posts that are continuously being posted in real time. No matter how many moderates we add, based on the fact that our moderators voluntarily do this thankless job out of the goodness of their hearts, I can't reasonably expect them to read every single post in every single game thread, nor would I ever ask them to do so. However, it got to the point where you felt that was necessary, be it the types of posts I mentioned above or the inevitable bickering that went on in these threads.

By reducing the number of posters that have access to these, and therefore the overall noise, that's absolutely not to say that the only problematic people in the game threads were Reds Live / Sun Deck users. There are a number of users I can think of off the top of my head that regularly posted in the game threads without problems, just as there are some current ORG users that were (or are) part of the problem with the threads. That being the case, primarily for the first and third reaons I mentioned, the decision was made to restrict the game threads to those with Old Red Guard posting access. I know many are reluctant to give it a chance, but honestly, I don't see why chat couldn't serve much of the same purpose as the game threads with the exception that it wouldn't be archived (though I don't see that as a major deal, given the the game threads occur while the game is happening). Hope this helps...

Raisor
05-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Was wondering why I couldnt post in a game thread...guess its just not me. Interesting way to approach it, i wont be sticking around, so all you idiots can continue to babble about whatever it is you babble about. 90% of this board is filled with idiots, who have no idea wtf they are talking about. peace out

I'm pretty sure this post was directed at Puffy.

Rack me.

Boss-Hog
05-23-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm pretty sure this post was directed at Puffy.

Rack me.
:roll:

Does that bump me down on your list?

Raisor
05-23-2007, 10:26 PM
:roll:

Does that bump me down on your list?

the list only has two slots, so you're as far down as you can go.

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

Puffy
05-23-2007, 10:31 PM
only has two slots, so you're as far down as you can go.

Isn't that exactly what Amanda said to you on your honeymoon?

Redlegs23
05-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Why, yes, since you asked kindly...

The decision to only have the game thread in the ORG forum was made for a few reasons. First and foremost, as has been mentioned, GIK and I want The Old Red Guard forum to represent RedsZone. Also, as paint mentioned somewhere else, the game thread is an incentive for those currently without ORG access to take the necessary steps to gain it.

Secondly, the quality of the game threads had deteriorated to that point that a few of us almost felt embarassed to have them on the site in their current state. I've never been much to follow the game via the game threads, but I respect those that choose to do so. However, when I did attempt to read it, the vast majority of the posts were knee-jerk reactions based on what just happened in the game. 'Oh man, we really suck', 'I hate this team', 'I've given up on these bums' to the complete other end of the specturm when the Reds play well (very rarely as of late ;) ). I'm all for having passionate fans post here, and I certainly understand that the game threads lend themselves to discussion that isn't what we're striving for overall, but those type of comments aren't what I like to see when I do read the game threads. The sky isn't falling when they lose, nor should anyone be printing World Series tickets when they win, but it's hard to tell that from sampling a game thread.

Thirdly and also very importantly, in their current format, the game threads were extremely time-consuming to moderate. You have thousands upon thousands of posts that are continuously being posted in real time. No matter how many moderates we add, based on the fact that our moderators voluntarily do this thankless job out of the goodness of their hearts, I can't reasonably expect them to read every single post in every single game thread, nor would I ever ask them to do so. However, it got to the point where you felt that was necessary, be it the types of posts I mentioned above or the inevitable bickering that went on in these threads.

By reducing the number of posters that have access to these, and therefore the overall noise, that's absolutely not to say that the only problematic people in the game threads were Reds Live / Sun Deck users. There are a number of users I can think of off the top of my head that regularly posted in the game threads without problems, just as there are some current ORG users that were (or are) part of the problem with the threads. That being the case, primarily for the first and third reaons I mentioned, the decision was made to restrict the game threads to those with Old Red Guard posting access. I know many are reluctant to give it a chance, but honestly, I don't see why chat couldn't serve much of the same purpose as the game threads with the exception that it wouldn't be archived (though I don't see that as a major deal, given the the game threads occur while the game is happening). Hope this helps...

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'll just look for another forum where I can join in on a game thread. I might still check in from time to time, but it's a little ridiculous saying that unless you're a popular person here, you can't post an observation during the game. I have a feeling there's going to be many more new threads in the Sun Deck that are simple observations that people make during the game that would normally go in a game thread. Goodbye Redszone, hello Reds Insider.

Caveat Emperor
05-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'll just look for another forum where I can join in on a game thread. I might still check in from time to time, but it's a little ridiculous saying that unless you're a popular person here, you can't post an observation during the game. I have a feeling there's going to be many more new threads in the Sun Deck that are simple observations that people make during the game that would normally go in a game thread. Goodbye Redszone, hello Reds Insider.

I like game threads as much as the next guy, but I understand that the majority of the posts on a game thread are talking for the sake of hearing yourself talk. The threads move so fast that observations get passed over because the play has moved on and most discussions are short and abbreviated. This is especially true when you get game threads that range into the 1,000 post area.

If you're really interested in discussing observations, post-game discussion threads are much more beneficial, IMO.

TeamBoone
05-23-2007, 11:09 PM
For what its worth, I enjoy chat better than the game threads anyway. Less rules, more flowing conversation and no hitting F5 every 10 seconds.

Not me... too chaotic and hard to follow. You need to be chatting every minute to keep up with the dialog... and then you miss the game.

If you're really interested in discussing observations, post-game discussion threads are much more beneficial, IMO

Then why is the Game Thread designed as a desired nugget for ORG?

Boss-Hog
05-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Not me... too chaotic and hard to follow. You need to be chatting every minute to keep up with the dialog... and then you miss the game.
Are we talking about chat or the game threads here? :evil:

(I'm only half-kidding)

Willy
05-23-2007, 11:14 PM
If you invite people into your home for a party for music lovers. Then invite people at the party who have proved a great knowledge about music to see your cool CD collection, but then you figure out that you don't like everyone around your cool CD collection so you tell everyone but your close friend to go back and listen to your old records.

That is completely understandable, just don't expect me to hang around long when you and your friends sit around and talk music and I'm not allowed to say anything unless i'm down stairs talking to other people who are not your friends.

Its cool, i been to places like that, I just don't hang around very long.

TeamBoone
05-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Are we talking about chat or the game threads here? :evil:

(I'm only half-kidding)

Both. I was just giving my opinion on chat... I used to join in a lot until I realized I was spending more time trying to keep up with the chat than I was actually watching the game. I never go in anymore. Don't usually go into the GT very much either, though I did tonight.

I wasn't complaining about the GT, just commenting on CE stating he likes post game thread discussion better than the thread itself, and yet someone else was saying the GT was an incentive to strive to be accepted into ORG. Just seemed like a contradiction to me.

Not trying to cause trouble; just trying to get it straight.

Boss-Hog
05-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Both. I was just giving my opinion on chat... I used to join in a lot until I realized I was spending more time trying to keep up with the chat than I was actually watching the game. I never go in anymore. Don't usually go into the GT very much either, though I did tonight.

I wasn't complaining about the GT, just commenting on CE stating he likes post game thread discussion better than the thread itself, and yet someone else was saying the GT was an incentive to strive to be accepted into ORG. Just seemed like a contradiction to me.

Not trying to cause trouble; just trying to get it straight.
Oh I know, I just felt the way you characterized chat could very well be applied to the game threads, as well.

TeamBoone
05-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Oh I know, I just felt the way you characterized chat could very well be applied to the game threads, as well.

Believe me... it can. But at least you can ignore the game thread during the game action and catch up during the commercials!!

BTW, thanks for the info regarding PMs. I use the "back" button all the time so that has to be it.

StillFunkyB
05-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Isn't that exactly what Amanda said to you on your honeymoon?

Burn! :laugh:

sonny
05-24-2007, 03:41 AM
Are people leaving because thay feel like their being excluded from the cool table? Who said folks in ORG were cool to begin with?:)

But seriouly folks, I don't begrudge a single person on this board, but if people want to throw tantrums and threaten to leave, I probably won't miss them. Just My honest opinion.

Ravenlord
05-24-2007, 04:59 AM
this thread is absolutely hillarious...it's almost as good as the original "about 10 of you..." thread from back in the day.

Boss-Hog
05-24-2007, 06:38 AM
But seriouly folks, I don't begrudge a single person on this board, but if people want to throw tantrums and threaten to leave, I probably won't miss them. Just My honest opinion.

Generally speaking, that's how I feel, as well.

zombie-a-go-go
05-24-2007, 08:17 AM

Hey, look at that! A personal attack!

I'm sorry that you.... no, wait a minute, I'm not sorry at all. My daughter got over the fact that there really isn't a Santa Claus better than some of you people are dealing with the fact that a portion of this site - and not the largest one, or the most active - has been closed off to you.

And you wonder why you weren't invited into the new forum. Are you really that delusional? It's likely the only person on these forums who enjoys all of this wailing and gnashing of teeth is me, because I am a cruel and heartless cad who takes pleasure in the misery of others.

Anyway, bthomasiscool has been banned. Not because he had the temerity to complain - believe it or not, we do want to make this site as enjoyable as possible for everyone, and take complaints seriously - but because he decided to start whipping out the insults. You (the 'global' you; I speak not to one in particular but rather to the site as a whole) can behave yourselves and act like adults or, like children, you can be sent to the corner.

Like bthomasiscool. He won't have to concern himself otver whether or not he leaves RedsZone, because he doesn't have a choice in the matter anymore. The rest of you do. And we really would like it if you choose to stay, but we won't bend over backward to make it happen.

kbrake
05-24-2007, 08:58 AM
I think many of you are missing the point. This is not a tantrum or acting like a child. Many of us are frustrated because we feel like we were already told once that we had to prove ourselves to the group that has been here forever. We did that. I had not just the 200 rep points required for ORG but over 300 points and trust me I know there was people with more than that who did not make the cut.

Then as soon as we voice our displeasure with things we get mocked by those who made it. Of course your not going to understand why we are mad. As a Reds fan who loves talking Reds baseball I love Redszone. Its been my homepage for almost 2 years. I just wonder how many times I will have to keep "proving myself" to people I dont even know. Are we going to go through this everytime the group gets too big? If thats the case why even allow new people in the ORG? Eventually too many people will make it through and we will be doing this all over again.

kbrake
05-24-2007, 09:00 AM
One quick note my post is not to defend post made by people like bthomasiscool who have made personal attacks. Its more for those of us who are upset but trying to go about it with some maturity.

chicoruiz
05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Random observations:

1. I may be nuts, but I think it would make a difference if we moved the three restricted "RedsZone" forums down below the "Miscellaneous" forums on the main page. I think it would more accurately represent the flow of the board as it is now. Showing the restricted forums at the top is kind of a "nose-rubbing" to those who don't have full access yet. The "Baseball" forums are the point of entry; should they maybe be on top?

2. The board to me is like a big convention of Reds fans, all milling around in a huge ballroom. But some of the old-timers were saying, "whoa, this convention is getting too big- I miss the old intimate days when everyone knew each other and threads didn't get to be 25 pages long before I could get to them". So the mods created a little side room where the old-timers and a few others could get together in an atmosphere that tries to simulate the old days. I'm sorry; I don't think that's a terrible thing. If you go to a restaurant, do you get upset if you're not allowed into all the private banquet rooms?

3. I have access to the restricted forums (not because I'm a good poster, mostly because I'm an old fart), and I can tell you there's no atmosphere in there of "gosh aren't we cool- we're the chosen ones". To the contrary, the general consensus seems to be that you could easily find 240 posters outside of ORG that are just as good as the ones in ORG. It's just been decided that we've earned, for whatever reason, access to a "knucklehead-free-zone". As to who's in and who's out, be patient. This is new to all of us; things will shake themselves out.

4. I have never understod the appeal of game threads, but to me the difference between the old game thread and chat, which everyone still has access to, is too small to be seen with the naked eye.

5. Ideally, some of you who are ticked off and leaving will end up starting your own Reds message boards. I expect the mods would like that too; they don't have any desire to be the only game in town. Go to it...

Joseph
05-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the honesty kbrake.

I think the way to look at this is that none of you made a mistake who made it to ORG. This is the staff admitting we made a mistake in how we set up things before and that they entry process [rep points] was flawed. We're not trying to keep people out of ORG, not in the least. We're trying to make ORG the greatest place on the web to discuss Reds baseball, and to do that it was decided to push the reset button, so to speak. That means that hopefully there won't ever have to be another reset. This plan was talked about for a good long time, and looked at to see some of the flaws that might evolve. Thankfully it seems like we've avoided a repeat of the rep system and have come up with a fair way to open the doors to ORG going forward.

Falls City Beer
05-24-2007, 09:25 AM
I think people kissing off people who are grandstanding about leaving are pretty immature too. Rise above it folks--you're in the Country Club; start acting like it.

BRM
05-24-2007, 10:23 AM
I love it when Raisor blows through a thread. He really raises the level of snark. :)

zombie-a-go-go
05-24-2007, 10:33 AM
I think people kissing off people who are grandstanding about leaving are pretty immature too. Rise above it folks--you're in the Country Club; start acting like it.

What about people kissing off people who are kissing off people who are grandstanding about leaving?

It's a vicious cycle; you enjoying your ride?

;)

Falls City Beer
05-24-2007, 10:45 AM
What about people kissing off people who are kissing off people who are grandstanding about leaving?

It's a vicious cycle; you enjoying your ride?

;)

Doesn't work that way. The rulemakers are held to a higher standard.

zombie-a-go-go
05-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Doesn't work that way. The rulemakers are held to a higher standard.

Crud. You know... you're right.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a pedestal to go stand upon. Have fun down there. ;)

kbrake
05-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the honesty kbrake.

I think the way to look at this is that none of you made a mistake who made it to ORG. This is the staff admitting we made a mistake in how we set up things before and that they entry process [rep points] was flawed. We're not trying to keep people out of ORG, not in the least. We're trying to make ORG the greatest place on the web to discuss Reds baseball, and to do that it was decided to push the reset button, so to speak. That means that hopefully there won't ever have to be another reset. This plan was talked about for a good long time, and looked at to see some of the flaws that might evolve. Thankfully it seems like we've avoided a repeat of the rep system and have come up with a fair way to open the doors to ORG going forward.

Best response I have got yet. I'm sure things will calm down like I said its just about frustration right now. Especially for those of us who have done it once before.

Raisor
05-24-2007, 06:10 PM
I love it when Raisor blows through a thread. He really raises the level of snark. :)

I have not yet begun to snark.

tomred
05-25-2007, 03:40 AM
I would like to say I enjoy coming to your house to read about the reds you make the rules I love redszone I find out things here I never would know about the reds I do not post much but I enjoy reading other posters this is the best reds site I come here every day thanks

GOREDSGO32
05-25-2007, 08:18 AM
I don't understand why exactly the forum is run in this manner. I've never seen a forum, any forum run this way. If someone is spamming you ban them, appoint well regarded long term members as moderators. The pretty much eliminates all spamming/flaming.

I like going in the game threads and read the thoughts during the game and posting. I posted more last year it seems like, but I have almost 1,000 posts here and tried to apply for the other forum and I guess its not going through. Obviously the guy who started the thread is someone who likes to keep up too, but won't be able to post in game threads any longer.

I'm guessing the main reason is the owners of the site just don't want the forums to get bigger. It's their site so they can do what they want - but I don't see why they offer registration to new members if it is going to be a "these people only" type of thing. It's unfortunate, I don't really know any other Reds forums, but I guess I'll have to find somewhere else to keep up with the games in.

smith288
05-25-2007, 10:44 AM
I don't understand why exactly the forum is run in this manner. I've never seen a forum, any forum run this way. If someone is spamming you ban them, appoint well regarded long term members as moderators. The pretty much eliminates all spamming/flaming.
Then you havent read much about the move RedsZone made. Sons of Sam Horn runs it similiarly.

registerthis
05-25-2007, 11:07 AM
I would like to say I enjoy coming to your house to read about the reds you make the rules I love redszone I find out things here I never would know about the reds I do not post much but I enjoy reading other posters this is the best reds site I come here every day thanks

I'm the last person to harp on things like grammar and spelling on a message board, but good grief would it hurt to throw in a period or comma once in awhile? It's unbelieveably difficult to read a post that contains no punctuation whatsoever.

registerthis
05-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Crud. You know... you're right.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a pedestal to go stand upon. Have fun down there. ;)

Let me know how the weather is up there. I like to be prepared.

Mario-Rijo
05-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Zombie-a-go-go
Anyway, bthomasiscool has been banned. Not because he had the temerity to complain - believe it or not, we do want to make this site as enjoyable as possible for everyone, and take complaints seriously - but because he decided to start whipping out the insults. You (the 'global' you; I speak not to one in particular but rather to the site as a whole) can behave yourselves and act like adults or, like children, you can be sent to the corner.

Is that why you chose to ignore my PM to you the other day on the "No Hot Chicks" policy? You must have felt I was being sarcastic in that message, otherwise you would have addressed me about it by now. Apparently I am not a guy who is respected much by you or by some other important members.

And before I get into this I am neither grandstanding or threatining to do anything. I would just appreciate what any man would, a shred of decency and respect for a member of this board that has not done very little if anything at all to be disrespected.

I mean seriously I have not acted like a hind-end about the entire situation at all. Did I voice displeasure, absolutely. Did I allow emotion to become a part of the situation, yes to some extent I did. Did I call out members, disrespect them, name call or flat out chastize anyone, absolutely not! And what happened?

Well let me show those of you who give a care how my day went once I found out about the situation. I got disappointed in the changes, I tried to rationalize the whole thing and understand. I did indeed understand most of it (and now I understand it all), but some things I didn't quite either understand or agree with. I agreed that the board had become littered with all kinds of things that made for a less than ideal environment to conversate about Reds baseball. I agreed with the fact that Boss and GIK had/has every right to do what they wish and I respect that then and now. I didn't care much either way about the game thread I can take it or leave it and mostly I left it. And from time to time I did enjoy the chat much better (just my preference).

What I didn't agree with wasn't so much that I had been sent to the Sun Deck and couldn't post on the ORG (I am competitive and I felt strongly that I would eventually make it back), but the fact that everyone that made the cut onto the new ORG had IMHO "earned" the right to post anywhere on the site. I was quite puzzled by that! Because the fact is if you (you being anyone reading) or I were "drowned out" before why would that change once we made it back to the ORG. Our opinions aren't likely to change all that much between now and say a year from now. We all will likely still have the same principals/philosophies/concepts and for the most part the same knowledge.

I was also disappointed that I wouldn't get to "talk shop" with many of my favorite posters head to head. I mean believe it or not I am 34 yrs. old and have learned more in the past 2+ years about a host of things baseball related than in the rest of my years combined. Not necc. all from Redszone but some of the finer points I have gotten here. And for me to have gotten respect from someone who I consider to be very knowledgable on the subject was very rewarding. Alot of those people reside in the ORG now, not all but most. And It helped to drown out the real world for hours at a time, and for some folks for various reasons that's a good thing.

But when I posted "Geez this stinks" and asked some questions that IMO needed asking and to then get no response (I did get some answers in other parts of the board, which I let be known) by the following day I just asked again if I could get some clarification.

And for that I was brought to task (I won't get into whom) via a series of PM's about ridiculing the administrators of the board. Which I and the other party had discussed in these PM's. I never got any clarification from that party as to why they felt I had ridiculed Boss and GIK. I didn't write it in a way to disrespect anyone, and if it came out that way (not the greatest with punctuation) it wasn't intended in that way. Which I explained to this person whom still hasn't given me an answer. They obviously feel different about the situation than I do and we will agree to disagree I suppose.

GIK did however respond not soon after my 2nd post and gave me some good information which I then felt differently about much of this move. I still don't agree completely that ORG posters don't have the ability to post wherever they want too, but I do understand it better.

But after all of this board re-configuration stuff and the following disrespect (that's the way I took it, hopefully I am wrong) from yourself Zombie on the above subject and this unknown person I felt like this board (not all it's members) could just kiss my hind parts. And I shouldn't have felt that way, afterall it's a damn message board. But it was my damn message board and the people on it were "friends of mine", people that I started to give a hoot about and who I thought gave a hoot about me. And if I'm wrong for giving a damn then so be it, I can live with that. But what I can't live with is being disrespected and then on top of that having no closure about the disrespect.

So sorry to point you out Zombie but I had to get this stuff off my chest and you gave me an opportunity to do so with that particular post. I didn't mean to disrespect you with this but I have already PMed you and it didn't get me anywhere. If it was just an oversight on your behalf or you hadn't gotten a chance to send it too me by all means accept me apology for being wrong in my assumption. If anyone felt ridiculed by my initial post I apologize, I do, again it was not my intention to do so. If the person who PMed with me on the subject of ridicule fully read and understood my initial post and still felt like I was wrong, please let's get things out in the open between us, it's simply not worth the aggravation to be upset with one another.

I in no way want those who do give a hoot to see this as groveling for a vote into ORG I would earn that back or I wouldn't because it's meaningless if I didn't earn it. But I do need some closure on this respect thing to be ok with everything and let things get back to normal for everyone. Because look folks there are more important issues in our own little worlds and beyond to be upset with each other over nothing more than a re-configuration of a place to discuss baseball.

And FCB I am not kissing butt, just trying to get over this the best way I know how with the pen and not the sword.

Peace MR

RBA
05-26-2007, 12:31 PM
For what it's worth. My PM's are ignored all the time. I think it might be that the mods/admins have lives other than RedsZone.

Heath
05-26-2007, 12:37 PM
For what it's worth. My PM's are ignored all the time. I think it might be that the mods/admins have lives other than RedsZone.

There are lives OUTSIDE of Redszone?????????

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

redsfanfalcon
05-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Not trying to butt kiss, but just happy to have a great site. I could care less where I can post, just happy to be a part of a great community amongst people who care about the best team on earth (although their play obviously doesn't dictate it!).

sonny
05-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Not trying to butt kiss, but just happy to have a great site. I could care less where I can post, just happy to be a part of a great community amongst people who care about the best team on earth (although their play obviously doesn't dictate it!).

^^^^
:cool::thumbup::beerme:

TC81190
05-29-2007, 10:52 PM

I wouldn't even begin to try that. A mod has a responsibility, and more than once or twice or 20-ka-jillion times I've heard mods tell users to take it private. Not to mention that when you get a PM, you get a message smack-dab in the middle of your screen notifying you of so.

TheWalls
05-30-2007, 09:10 AM

RBA: Totally unrelated, but the picture of the bridge over to Coronado is gorgeous! Hotel Del Coronado might be my wife's favorite spot on the planet.

RBA
05-30-2007, 02:22 PM
RBA: Totally unrelated, but the picture of the bridge over to Coronado is gorgeous! Hotel Del Coronado might be my wife's favorite spot on the planet.

I work less than 2 miles from there. Sometimes I do a run along the road adjacent to the beach from work to the Hotel Del and back.

Strikes Out Looking
05-30-2007, 05:15 PM
I work less than 2 miles from there. Sometimes a do a run along the road adjacent to the beach from work to the Hotel Del and back.

Aha, 2 miles from the bridge is Petco Park. RBA is really Jake Peavy.

Grounds_Crew
05-30-2007, 05:24 PM
I also have decided that I won't be coming around much anymore. I'm not bashing anyone's decision about the changes...heck I'm new anyway. I've only been here since the last couple days of January and I already have over 600 posts...nearly 700. So, I feel as if I contributed quite a lot but have been rewarded negatively.

For those of you that I had the chance to meet when you drove up to PNC Park, it was great watching the games with you. I'll check back in from time to time...but out of all of the message forums I've ever been a part of, this one makes me feel like I'm being watched by a babysitter at all times. Once again, whoever runs this site can do it the way he wants...so, no hard feelings.

Take care guys. I'll post new pics if I ever take more, but I won't be posting much anymore.

If anyone wants to visit PNC Park, shoot me a PM. Chances are I'll get it.

redsfan1966
05-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Grounds Crew---I am sorry to see that you are planning on reducing your visits around here--I feel you have contributed a lot of meaningful info and posts, especially the pix you posted right out of the box....I have found you on the limited time I have talked to you (on chat) to be very gracious and insightful...I must admit I understand the reason for your decision....best of luck and I hope to touch base (ha ha a pun) with you sometime again

Handofdeath
05-30-2007, 08:04 PM
I also have decided that I won't be coming around much anymore. I'm not bashing anyone's decision about the changes...heck I'm new anyway. I've only been here since the last couple days of January and I already have over 600 posts...nearly 700. So, I feel as if I contributed quite a lot but have been rewarded negatively.

For those of you that I had the chance to meet when you drove up to PNC Park, it was great watching the games with you. I'll check back in from time to time...but out of all of the message forums I've ever been a part of, this one makes me feel like I'm being watched by a babysitter at all times. Once again, whoever runs this site can do it the way he wants...so, no hard feelings.

Take care guys. I'll post new pics if I ever take more, but I won't be posting much anymore.

If anyone wants to visit PNC Park, shoot me a PM. Chances are I'll get it.

Well said. The babysitter comment was right on the mark.

AmarilloRed
06-11-2007, 02:03 AM
It seems to me the changes have a couple of effects-1. Provide motivation for new posters to join ORG so they can post about the games. It also seems the moderators would prefer new posters to belong to the Old Red Guard. However, many of the newer posters may like their forum and may not want to belong to ORG. 2. I will not miss the reputation system. I think it was flawd, and I am glad its gone. 3. I have never been one to post on game threads, so I may not see a reason to try and join ORG. 4. I am a new poster, so I will wait and see how the new changes work out. 5. There may be some people who just prefer to post on The Sun Deck and dont care what is happening in The Old Red Guard. You can pretty much post anything you want about the games in The Sun Deck. I hope things work out, and I am glad to see some changes, I just hope they were the right changes.