PDA

View Full Version : Encarnacion is hitting .413. Do you call him back up?

44Magnum
05-22-2007, 08:48 AM
I say yes. He has 3 HR's as well. Surely he's learned a valuable lesson from this.

jmbraun773
05-22-2007, 09:41 AM
I say yes bring him back. It seems that he has gotten his swing back for the most part, and he is better than the other options we have.

44Magnum
05-22-2007, 10:09 AM
That's what I'm saying. Nobody will do better at 3b than EE right now. If the Reds can go 6-2 or 7-1 on this stand, there is still a chance. Bring him back up now while they are facing weaker pitching.

coachw513
05-22-2007, 10:52 AM
And miss the excitement of Juan Castro, and Jeff Keppinger??? :D

Sarcasm aside, yes bring him back now, stick him in the #6 hole every night and let him improve (or even if I'm wrong about him-prove he can't handle being our starting 3B) on the field every day...

butlerbulldogs
05-22-2007, 12:03 PM
I never would have sent him down, I bet he has learned a lot down there :rolleyes:

I am sure he was worried that Juan "Manos De Oro" Castro would tear it up at the plate along w/ his superb fielding skills and never give him a chance to regain his spot in the lineup

bounty37h
05-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Has he learned how to play d as well? I would be tempted to bring him up though, if his hitting numbers are looking good, but more importantly, if his own confidence in his ablities is where they need to be...

Redsnake
05-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Has he cut down the number of errors? More importantly the numbers of runs that were caused by is errors which lead too loses?
I say he sits down there until he can reduce th number of errors by at least half or until he can play another position (1st,OF).
Too me your starting 3rd basemen shouldn't be lifted in the 9th inning of a 1 or 2 run lead for Castro. That shows you're a defensive liabilty no matter how you look at it. And I'm a E.E. fan, but enough is enough.

steig
05-22-2007, 12:12 PM
I would wait until it has been a full month in AAA. Then look at his numbers and call him up. But make him work on defense for a solid month and prove he's ready again.

pahster
05-22-2007, 12:16 PM
His defense certainly isn't any worse than Castro's or Freel's, it just looks uglier. Not sure about Keppinger's defensive skills, but EE certainly has the ability to outhit all of them.

justincredible
05-22-2007, 12:23 PM
I say bring him back up. Castro is terribly overrated on defense and Freel is less than stellar when he plays in the infield. I would think taking into account both offense and defense that Edwin would be the best option at 3rd.

SMcGavin
05-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Get him back up immediately. I didn't really have a problem with the demotion at the time, he was struggling and this is one way for him to get back in a rhythm. His numbers obviously show that he is back on track, so lets get him back up while the Reds chances this season are at slim and not none.

fearofpopvol1
05-22-2007, 12:49 PM
His defense certainly isn't any worse than Castro's or Freel's, it just looks uglier.

Yes it is. Hopefully he is working on it though...

pahster
05-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Yes it is. Hopefully he is working on it though...

Encarnacion has quite a bit more range than either of the two, Castro especially. Castro has nice hands a an accurate arm, but essentially has one step in either direction. Freel has decidedly less range and takes forever to get rid of the ball. EE gets to a lot of balls and tosses them into the seats. I'll take my chances with the young guy who at the very least stops more balls because he may improve. Castro and Freel likely won't; they're on the downsides of their careers, defensively at least (not that Castro was ever much with the bat).

Razor Shines
05-22-2007, 01:10 PM
I think they should bring him back up. If they are not going to start Kep or Freel every day, then EE should be up here. There is no reason for Castro to start at 3b, ever. I wouldn't have had a problem if all the starts at 3rd were going to go to Kep or Freel, but since they're not I think EE should be getting those starts.

Degenerate39
05-22-2007, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't have sent him down in the first place.

RichRed
05-22-2007, 01:40 PM
EE called back up, according to ORG. Hamilton to DL.