PDA

View Full Version : The minimum time to reapply for ORG access has been reduced

Boss-Hog
05-25-2007, 07:21 PM
All,

We've decided to reduce the minimum amount of wait time before a user that has been rejected for ORG access can reapply/receive nomination. The same user can only be voted on as follows: no wait time (other than the same minimum post/registration requirements) for the first nomination/application, a minimum of three months before the second nomination/application, another minimum of three months before the third nomination/application and finally, six months before a fourth nomination/application. However, a user may only be voted on a maximum of three times in a year. Additionally, we reserve the right to reject any nomination if the member prefers to apply when he or she is ready.

Additionally, we decided that all users who are nominated by Old Red Guard users will take precedent over those who have applied. The nominations and applications will each be handled via a separate first-come, first-serve basis. Just to give everyone who has applied an idea where we're at, currently, we have the maxmium of five users who are being voted on, two nominations that are queued and 36 applications that are queued. I'm not going to get into specifics as to who is next and so forth, so please do not ask.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

RedEye
05-25-2007, 07:36 PM
I checked my user CP, and my application appears to have been reset. Does that mean that I have to go all the way back to the end of the line to be voted on?

Thanks for answering all of my questions!

RedEye

Boss-Hog
05-25-2007, 07:40 PM
I checked my user CP, and my application appears to have been reset. Does that mean that I have to go all the way back to the end of the line to be voted on?

Thanks for answering all of my questions!

RedEye
I'm not sure why that happened (everyone else appears to be using the proper application dates), but I know when you originally applied, and we'll use that date as to when we start the process (on the first come, first served basis for applications).

RedEye
05-25-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure why that happened (everyone else appears to be using the proper application dates), but I know when you originally applied, and we'll use that date as to when we start the process (on the first come, first served basis for applications).

Okay, thanks.

redsfanmia
05-27-2007, 05:38 PM
If the whole point of the change was to increase the quality of posts in the org and you made a break off point of 240 people then why are you so quick to start letting more people into the org? If you have the top 240 in the ORG then why after not even a week are you taking applications for admittance into the ORG? I am sorry but this just doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.

Redsland
05-27-2007, 08:24 PM
There is no limit to the number of people in ORG. There just happen to be about 240 at the moment.

During the transition, some people inevitably got overlooked. Other people are only now being noticed. Both of these types of posters are being welcomed to ORG in due course.

RFS62
05-27-2007, 09:17 PM
There is no limit to the number of people in ORG. There just happen to be about 240 at the moment.

During the transition, some people inevitably got overlooked. Other people are only now being noticed. Both of these types of posters are being welcomed to ORG in due course.

I think this is an important distinction. They had to start somewhere. And six months from now nobody will remember who was in the first cut and who came in later.

AmarilloRed
07-12-2007, 02:06 AM
So if you applied to ORG and were turned down, you could reapply after another 3 months had passed?

Boss-Hog
07-12-2007, 06:48 AM
So if you applied to ORG and were turned down, you could reapply after another 3 months had passed?
Yes

11larkin11
07-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I applied for ORG over a month ago, I was just wondering how long it takes?

Boss-Hog
07-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I applied for ORG over a month ago, I was just wondering how long it takes?
All nominations are given priority and then applications are handled on a first-come, first-served basis, so it depends how many are pending.

11larkin11
07-12-2007, 10:00 PM
OK, thanks BH

BearcatShane
07-14-2007, 09:21 PM
How do you apply?

Boss-Hog
07-15-2007, 08:32 AM
How do you apply?
Click on "Group Memberships" within your User CP.

BearcatShane
07-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Click on "Group Memberships" within your User CP.

I just tried to apply and after I clicked "Join Group" it said "This does not appear to be a public user group." Did I apply properly?

Boss-Hog
07-15-2007, 07:28 PM
I just tried to apply and after I clicked "Join Group" it said "This does not appear to be a public user group." Did I apply properly?
Yes

Chi-Town Red
07-15-2007, 10:15 PM
:thumbup:

AmarilloRed
07-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Just remember it will take some time; I applied a month ago and I still don't have a positive answer. They are voting on my application, but I may not know for awhile.

BearcatShane
07-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up.