PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Game 2 Thoughts

reds44
05-26-2007, 10:41 PM
L 9-5

Hello Edwin Encarnacion. 4-8, HR, 3 BB the last two nights. He's been hitting since comin up from AAA, although he was ocming out of it before he went down.

Arroyo is hurt/tired. Narron's overuse is catching up to him.

Lack of clutch hits otnight. 14 LOB?

Burton had issues.

5 straight losses to Nats/Pirates.

How much longer can WK afford to keep Narron?

A-Dub
05-26-2007, 10:59 PM
shoot me now.

GoReds44
05-26-2007, 11:39 PM
shoot me now.

Whoever shoots him if they decide to please shoot me next.

WVPacman
05-26-2007, 11:54 PM
I have said it all along about EE,that he needed to be sent down to Louisville to regroup.He was'nt doing nothing up here and he was'nt going to improve anytime soon.Now fast forward since he came back up... He is hitting the ball alot better,being more patient at the play,and he is playing better defense. I really think the move helped him.

reds44
05-27-2007, 12:54 AM
I have said it all along about EE,that he needed to be sent down to Louisville to regroup.He was'nt doing nothing up here and he was'nt going to improve anytime soon.Now fast forward since he came back up... He is hitting the ball alot better,being more patient at the play,and he is playing better defense. I really think the move helped him.
He was hitting like .286 in the 10 games before the demotion. I don't think the AAA stint has much to do with him improving.

WVPacman
05-27-2007, 01:01 AM
He just did'nt look comfortable at all with the reds(atleast to me he did'nt).He looks alot better at the plate and playing defense since he came back up.Im just glad hes playing somewhat like he did last year. KEEP IT UP EE!!!

How old is he??

reds44
05-27-2007, 01:05 AM
How old is he??

WVPacman
05-27-2007, 01:10 AM

I thought he was in the lower 20's!! this guy has all the time in the world to get even better where he is so young.I look forward to watching him in a reds uni for along time.Well reds44,im off of here for tonight I will talk to you later.
:beerme:

Shaggy Sanchez
05-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Arroyo is hurt/tired. Narron's overuse is catching up to him.

I think it has more to do with Arroyo coming back down to earth and teams starting to figure him out more than him being hurt or tired. I wasn't in favor of the extension they gave Bronson and now I think it is looking even worse.

Prf15
05-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Last Year Arroyo was too good, but he also isnt this bad as he has been his last 2 starts.

jimbo
05-27-2007, 01:18 PM
I think it has more to do with Arroyo coming back down to earth and teams starting to figure him out more than him being hurt or tired. I wasn't in favor of the extension they gave Bronson and now I think it is looking even worse.

Every pitcher goes through their bad stretches. It happens. I have Johan Santana on my fantasy team and he had a rough strech of games a few weeks back and he is neither hurt nor tired because his last game was a gem. Bronson has been outstanding up until last week and there is absolutely no reason to think he has fallen apart or that teams have started to figure him out based on two starts. We are talking about TWO starts here.