PDA

View Full Version : Why do you still watch?

GoReds44
05-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Was thinking about this today and my question is to you people, Why do you still watch this team?

For me, it is just being loyal and being a fan. I can't just leave this team for the rest of the year although at times I feel like it.

justincredible
05-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Because I am a diehard and can't help it. It's certainly frustrating right now, though.

Degenerate39
05-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Griffey and Dunn

redsfaninbsg
05-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Diehard, and I'd rather watch the Reds lose than American Idol or some other show.

NorrisHopper30
05-27-2007, 03:21 PM
I still listen because it's just an addiction, i've listened to 90% of Red's games for the past 5 or so years since I was in grade school and it's become second nature to turn on the Red's and listen to Marty and Joe/Jeff/Thom.

CRedsLarkin11
05-27-2007, 03:46 PM
I think every day something inside me is holding onto hope that today will be the day that they show some sign of life. Maybe it'll be tomorrow, LOL. Really right now I tune into see Griffey b/c it's rare to see a player of his calibur in a Reds uniform and the young guys, hoping they'll provide some optimism for the future.

coachw513
05-27-2007, 03:52 PM
First, I'm a fan, regardless...this just makes it much, much more painful...

It's beginning to become viewing of Griffey, EE, Hamilton, etc to see how they will do, almost expecting the inevitable conclusion at the end of 9 innings...

DTCromer
05-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Easy: Because I'm a Reds fan.

I mean, if I can listen/watch the Bengals during their 2-14 season, I can listen/watch anything.

RedEye
05-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Hamilton, Griffey, Phillips and Dunn. Sometimes Harang, Arroyo and Encarnacion. And because I'm a Reds fan.

donnelly_31
05-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I watch because I always will, I love baseball and love the Reds. I also enjoy the mid game shots in the dugout where Narron looks miserable. That is the only satisfaction I get lately

redsfanfalcon
05-27-2007, 05:50 PM
The Reds are my drug...if I don't watch/listen, I shake...if I listen/watch I have bad side effects. Luckily none of them last for four hours. :D

A-Dub
05-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Because it's hilarious to watch these befuddling idiots. Plus, the worse they lose by, the better the chance we see someone get canned.

OesterPoster
05-27-2007, 06:06 PM
I guess you can say I've been fortunate. For some odd reason, they were blacked out today on our FSN, and Friday night the FSN signal was all scrambled up for the entire 10 innings. So I haven't really "seen" much of the weekend crap.

I still try to watch and listen, because I don't want to be called a fairweather fan. I wore my Bengals stuff throughout the Shula/Coslet/Lebeau years to be loyal. It was really hard, but it was worth it.

redsfanfalcon
05-27-2007, 06:13 PM
I guess you can say I've been fortunate. For some odd reason, they were blacked out today on our FSN, and Friday night the FSN signal was all scrambled up for the entire 10 innings. So I haven't really "seen" much of the weekend crap.

I still try to watch and listen, because I don't want to be called a fairweather fan. I wore my Bengals stuff throughout the Shula/Coslet/Lebeau years to be loyal. It was really hard, but it was worth it.

I hear ya on the Bengal part...I lived in Northwest Ohio out of the Bengal TV area for 6 years, and I would still listen to them on the radio or go catch them on Direct TV at a bowling alley through that disastrous era. The Reds are approaching that having not had a winning season since 99.

Betterread
05-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Compulsion, Junior and Hamilton.

captainmorgan07
05-27-2007, 06:22 PM
i agree with some of the other posters im a die hard and always will be

lo ryder
05-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Because I am old enough to remember the BRM and as a kid how proud I was to be a Reds fan. It is almost embarrasing to admit you are a
Reds fan nowaday. Those memories carry me through times like these, even though things certainly look bleak.

This franchise, with the right leadership, was once and could be again among the best in professional sports.

mroby85
05-27-2007, 08:34 PM
im still not sure why, it's like a car wreck when you can't look away or something.

Jharb74
05-27-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm starting to question myself every day. I wish I knew why. I do love baseball, and the Reds. They are getting to the point where they are so awful they are fun.
You know like a Vanilla Ice song, or professional wrestling.

sonny
05-27-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm starting to question myself every day. I wish I knew why. I do love baseball, and the Reds. They are getting to the point where they are so awful they are fun.
You know like a Vanilla Ice song, or professional wrestling.

You just said what everybody else is thinking. Kudos to you, sir!

MississippiRed
05-28-2007, 07:29 AM
I find myself asking the same question. I have been a Reds fan since 1968, but because of RedsZone I know more about this team (last year and this year) than any version of the Reds I have ever watched. I bought MLB Extra Innings last year and this year so I would miss hardly any games. I am coming to the RZ Gathering this year in June (hope we still have a team then). I made (in my own way) a commitment to the team that I guess I am trying to see through to the end of the season.
But still, I'm wondering why I put myself through this day after day. It could be we're all insane.

jfleur87
05-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Griffey's swing, thats pretty much what I tune in for. Don't get me wrong, I love the Reds, but I've been paying most attention to him since he got traded. Favorite player to my favorite team, it was like Christmas

6-4-3
05-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Was thinking about this today and my question is to you people, Why do you still watch this team?

Why would you not watch? If you love baseball and the Reds are your team, then there isn't an alternative to watch on a daily basis. Baseball often imitates society, or in this case this question is example of what is wrong with current society. It's much easier to give up on something that turns bad then to follow it and see it through (which often leads to the greatest rewards of all).

I watch because I love baseball, I love the Reds, I love the city of Cincinnati, I love to be committed. I love George Grande (just seeing if you were still paying attention).

I know it can be frustraiting as all get out, and somedays you want to punch a hole in the wall. But there's nothing like seeing a well played baseball game in this world, and even this team is capable of doing that on rare occasions.

...if for nothing else "WE" as fans get to see Ken Griffey Jr. play on a daily basis, something that mabye 5% of fans truly appreciate.

kaldaniels
05-28-2007, 05:41 PM
I love the Cincinnati Reds. That simple.

RedlegNation
05-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Because they're on television. That's about it. What else am I going to watch? I'm a Reds fan.

Mr.MojoRisin
05-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Because I'm not a fairweather fan. I love the Reds no matter what and always will. I watched the Big Red Machine when I was a kid, I was there for the 1990 WS, and I'll be there when they do bad. I'm a fan for life. Not just when they're doing well.