PDA

View Full Version : Santos Livingston or Somebody from AAA to start friday per Jerry

captainmorgan07
05-29-2007, 05:22 PM
as stated in Ctrents blog he asked jerry who was gonna start friday and jerry's reply was santos livingston or somebody from AAA. Ctrents next ? was would the person from AAA have to be on full rest jerry said yes so that means no homer bailey. Who's turn in the rotation would it be friday for the bats?

Razor Shines
05-29-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty sure it would be Tom Shearn's turn. I doubt that he's gonna come up, so it will probably be Santos or Livingston. None of those options is really appealing but it is the 5th spot in the rotation.

Xavier Redleg
05-29-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure it would be Tom Shearn's turn. I doubt that he's gonna come up, so it will probably be Santos or Livingston. None of those options is really appealing but it is the 5th spot in the rotation.

Gosling is scheduled to go Wednesday and Dumatrait is scheduled to go Thursday. Dumatrait is already on the 40-man so it would likely be him going on an extra day of rest if its not Livingston or Santos.

Jefferson24
05-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Good, I would love to see Dumatrait up, he has earned a shot. Couldn't do any worse now could he. I would like to see Homer up even more but anything is better then the status quo.

reds44
05-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Good, I would love to see Dumatrait up, he has earned a shot. Couldn't do any worse now could he. I would like to see Homer up even more but anything is better then the status quo.
Dumatrait has been getting rocked his last few starts in AAA. I'd rather see Livingston.

captainmorgan07
05-29-2007, 07:28 PM
from what i saw in livingstons one start i wouldn't mind him but i'd rather u dumatrait myself give him his shot can't do any worse than milton in the 5th spot

Billy Bates
05-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Does anybody know anything further about tomorrow night? ESPN.com has Livingston on the hill, while MLB.com still is listed TBA. If Arroyo goes 8/9 innings, that would be 34/35 out of 36 innings the last 5 days thrown by the starters. Here's a rather illogical thought: Use your bullpen all-star style.
Everyone in the bullpen hasn't gotten any work this week. Screw using a SP and work them all 1-2 innings and roll the dice. I should probably remove this post tomorrow - I don't want Jerry reading the board tomorrow and getting any ideas.

Razor Shines
05-31-2007, 03:00 PM
From Fay's Blog:

No news is . . .

Rob Butcher just sent today's Reds notes out. He said the club will announce Friday's starter later today. Bobby Livingston is probably the guy. But it seemed odd that it just wouldn't be announced in the e-mail.
From Trent's Blog:

HOUSTON -- Got a memo about my title lengths, so no more fun in the titles. Or, well, just short fun, I guess.

Anway, Reds will announce the starting pitcher for tomorrow's game later today. I expect it to be Bobby Livingston, but we'll see.

So I guess it will be Livingston.