PDA

View Full Version : Astros Game 3 Thoughts

reds44
05-31-2007, 10:44 PM
With the outcome basically already determined, I figured I'd start it now to try to keep the thoughts condensed.

-Arroyo is hurt. He's been terrible the last 3 starts coming off the San Diego game when he threw 126 pitches. His arm is tired, and with an offday on Monday, skipping his spot in the rotation one time around mot not be a bad idea.

-Mike Stanton needs to be DFA. Even though his ERA went down tonight with the 1 out he got, he allowed 2 inherited runners to score and gave up 2 hits. It seems like he keeps coming into games with men on base, letting them score, and then getting out of the inning. His ERA is going down, but he's pitching terribley.

-Edwin is 4-4. He's looked like a completely different player since coming from Louisville. Even with his uber slow start, his average is up to .250 and his OPS is slowly on the rise. In 63 ABs in May, he's a .286 hitter with an .842 OPS.

-For a guy known not to strike out alot, Norris Hopper strikes out alot.

Even with the loss, we took 2 of 3 on the road. You could do alot worse. Onto Colorado.

Degenerate39
05-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Is Arroyo taking lessons from Milton in suckage?

reds44
05-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Oh, more to add on.

Majewski is no better then he was last year. He's not hurt, he's just bad. Balls are being pounded all over the yard on him tonight. He's ERA is at 10.50 and rising.

And as soon as I say that he gets a 5-4-3 DP.

WVPacman
05-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Norris Hopper was something like 10 for 16 and started alot of rallys so I an't complaning.;)

I agree with you on everything else.

jfar23
06-01-2007, 02:00 AM
This had nothing to do with the outcome of the game but taking Burton out with two on/two out to bring in Stanton was a very disappointing move. Would you want Stanton pitching with your runners on base?

MississippiRed
06-01-2007, 03:12 AM
This had nothing to do with the outcome of the game but taking Burton out with two on/two out to bring in Stanton was a very disappointing move. Would you want Stanton pitching with your runners on base?

After he got out of that inning, I was thinking the same thing. Stanton lowered his ERA while allowing Burton's runners to score. I can't believe he is still taking up a roster spot.

Topcat
06-01-2007, 05:37 AM
Truth is this team needs to put more trust in the kids on the farm. Hoppers been at least as promising player as Burton If as a team we are going to suck then let's at least give the kids a chance to play. My personal feelings are that this year is a perfect year to tank it and go ahead and let the kids on the farm get some experience. A truly good productive draft class next year could fill the farm up and set up success for at least 10 years.

nate
06-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Oh, more to add on.

Majewski is no better then he was last year. He's not hurt, he's just bad. Balls are being pounded all over the yard on him tonight. He's ERA is at 10.50 and rising.

And as soon as I say that he gets a 5-4-3 DP.

Actually, his ERA _was_ 18 something coming into tonight so its falling. WTG Magic!