PDA

View Full Version : Injury Updates: Bray, Ramirez, Hamilton, Guardado, Milton

reds44
05-31-2007, 10:52 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070531&content_id=1997429&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

Rehab update: Left-hander Eric Milton, on the disabled list with a left elbow problem since May 9, threw 30 pitches on the side Wednesday and "felt real good," Narron said.

In other rehab work Thursday, right-hander Elizardo Ramirez (right shoulder) and left-hander Bill Bray (left index finger) both threw during extended Spring Training at Sarasota, Fla. Reliever Eddie Guardado (left elbow surgery) threw a bullpen session at Great American Ball Park. Guardado will make another rehab appearance for Class A Dayton on Saturday.

Meanwhile, rookie outfielder Josh Hamilton continues to tear up Triple A pitching in his rehab work at Louisville. Hamilton, out since May 22 with gastroenteritis, is 3-for-8 (all home runs) in two games. He's still expected to join the Reds in St. Louis on Tuesday.

11larkin11
06-01-2007, 01:41 PM
The reason Milton "felt real good"? He was never hurt in the first place. He just sucks.

T7-niner
06-01-2007, 01:57 PM
What the heck happened to The Lizard's arm?

I knew he (Jerry) hurt his shoulder but I don't think that I've seen what the diagnosis was. Did he have surgery?

bounty37h
06-01-2007, 02:09 PM
The reason Milton "felt real good"? He was never hurt in the first place. He just sucks.

I hate when people say someone sucks. No, the dude may not be performing well at all, but to say he sucks, well, is just ignorant. He was signed, made it to the majors, and has a career, wish I sucked that bad.....

mole44
06-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I hate when people say someone sucks. No, the dude may not be performing well at all, but to say he sucks, well, is just ignorant. He was signed, made it to the majors, and has a career, wish I sucked that bad.....

DanO, that you?

bounty37h
06-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Hehe:), nope, just kind of a dumb statement to say a pro player "sucks". Even the worst pro (yes, even on the Reds) is better then the average player, so they cant "suck" too bad. Even when they stink up the joint like Milty has so many times

captainmorgan07
06-01-2007, 04:11 PM
i expect guardado back soon hamilton is gonna be back by the cardinals series the rest i really haven't got a clue

Hey Meat
06-01-2007, 04:16 PM
DanO, that you?
No I think it is a cross between Jim Bowden and Wayne Krivsky.

Ludwig Reds Fan
06-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Milton "sucks" comparatively ;)

6-4-3
06-01-2007, 08:43 PM

He pitched a no-hitter in the MLB. :)
But for the Reds he has SUCKED!

BurgervilleBuck
06-01-2007, 10:22 PM
How about we suggest that Milton is a major league pitcher with Triple-A effort?

nate
06-02-2007, 10:10 AM
How about we suggest that Milton is a major league pitcher with Triple-A effort?

I'd put it the other way around.

Strikes Out Looking
06-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Milton was never a great pitcher in his prime, but he was adequate. However, time has taken a toll on his arm and legs and now, he just isn't very good--as hard as he tries. When as healthy as he can possibly be, he may give the Reds six good innings now and then, but it'll be more then than now.

Being that it is June and he is still only throwing on the side, I wouldn't expect him, assuming everything goes well, to be back on the 25 man until July 1. He'll slowly work his way up to pitching on the side and then do a couple of rehab starts in the minors. The best thing the Reds can expect from him is he'll make a couple of decent starts in July and they can trade him near the deadline for a minor leaguer.

BurgervilleBuck
06-02-2007, 12:40 PM
I'd put it the other way around.
You're right. I was thinking about Dunn.

Joke, son. ;)