PDA

View Full Version : Why you don't move Edwin from 3rd

reds44
06-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Did you see that AMAZING double play? Did you see his amazing defense all week?

That's why.

HBP
06-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Web gem! As the tv guys are saying, he's responded great since coming back up.

captainmorgan07
06-02-2007, 10:09 PM
he is playing very well since he came back and i was one of those who said he should go down and work on his defense and i will eat crow now and say his defense has been improved so far

WVPacman
06-02-2007, 11:44 PM
If this question was brought up before he got sent down then I would have said move him or even bench him.I was also one of the posters that said he had to be sent down to get his head back on straight.Well guys they sent him down and now look at EE.He is playing like a mad man in the lineup and infield!!! He is swinging the bat like he did last year and he looks like brook robinson at 3rd lol. Great job EE, keep it up!!!!!!

ChatterRed
06-03-2007, 09:27 AM
he is playing very well since he came back and i was one of those who said he should go down and work on his defense and i will eat crow now and say his defense has been improved so far

.......no need to eat crow. It appears you were right in sending him down. He has it together now. :beerme:

Mitri
06-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I still would love to see him get some reps at first base eventually. He'll need the experience there, and for a guy who can pick like crazy but has an erratic throwing arm, first is a good place to get comfortable at.
Ideally the team wouldn't have to carry a backup first baseman for Votto if a guy like Edwin could play it well enough to see 20 starts.

Redlegs
06-03-2007, 11:06 AM
When Edwin's had defensive troubles, it usually involved throwing the baseball. It was mentioned on the televison broadcast the other night how the coaches were working on his footwork a lot since his return from Louisville.

bounty37h
06-04-2007, 11:26 AM

Captain, no need to eat crow for that, if anything you wer right, he need to go down to get some work done, and he did. The ones eating crow are the ones who made this out to be some conspiracy theory, the "great hate EE" theory that the Reds were trying to hold him back....

DTCromer
06-04-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm not holding my breath on Edwin. He's been very inconsistent with his defense and it's been great for how. Let's wait a bit before we come back to this discussion.