PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton/Coffey in; Wise, Salmon out

DeadRedinCT
06-04-2007, 02:16 PM
per C. Trent:

Prior to tomorrow night’s game in St. Louis, the Reds are expected to return from a rehabilitation assignment, recall from Class AAA Louisville and reinstate from the 15-day disabled list OF Josh Hamilton and recall from Louisville RHP Todd Coffey.

They will take the roster spots of RHP Brad Salmon, who today was optioned to Louisville, and OF Dewayne Wise, who has been outrighted to Louisville.

Since May 22 Hamilton has been on the 15-day disabled list with gastroenteritis. He hit safely in all 6 of rehab appearances for the Bats (8-24, .333, 1 2b, 4hr, 6rbi, 2sb). When he went on the DL Hamilton was hitting .261 with 8 HR and 18 RBI in 37 games for the Reds.

Coffey began the season with the Reds and went 1-1, 4.94 in 26 relief appearances before he was optioned to Louisville on May 24. He did not allow a run in 6 appearances for the Bats (5.2ip, 3h, 1bb, 9k, .158oba).

Salmon went 0-1, 4.50 in 11 relief apps for the Reds.

Wise appeared in 5 games for the Reds.

reds44
06-04-2007, 02:17 PM
And Majewski stays.

hebroncougar
06-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Unfreakingbelievable. The rudderless ship continues.

captainmorgan07
06-04-2007, 02:20 PM
i have no problem with this move wise did decent job when he was up salmon never really showed me much mainly because jerry never used him that much. Hopefully coffey has figured it out in AAA were sure gonna need him

rotnoid
06-04-2007, 02:23 PM
i have no problem with this move wise did decent job when he was up salmon never really showed me much mainly because jerry never used him that much. Hopefully coffey has figured it out in AAA were sure gonna need him

Not to mention he's signed for next year too. Good move, IMO, sending him down to get it straightened out. Let's hope it worked as well as sending EdE down.

TC81190
06-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Salmon down instead of Majewski. :bang:

redsupport
06-04-2007, 02:26 PM
balance of power has shifted with the return of coffey the reds have a chance to soldiify their hold on sixth place

Degenerate39
06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
At least we get Hamilton back

DTCromer
06-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Salmon down instead of Majewski. :bang:

So we let Coffey stay up for pitching 2 horrible months yet we won't let Majewski stay here for 2 weeks?

Some people just really want this guy to fail.

DeadRedinCT
06-04-2007, 04:27 PM
So we let Coffey stay up for pitching 2 horrible months yet we won't let Majewski stay here for 2 weeks?

Some people just really want this guy to fail.

But why is Salmon being sent down?

He at least misses bats (9.0 K/9) and doesn't give up hits (4.5 H/9), not to mention the 3rd best ERA of the relievers (damning with faint praise, I realize).

Sean_CaseyRules
06-04-2007, 04:35 PM
The Salmon move really doesn't make any sense, he has been very good compaired to most of our relievers. I know everyone is calling for the Majik man's head, but give him a chance, I think he will get out of his funk and be pretty damn good for us.

foltza
06-04-2007, 05:07 PM
someone had to go down for coffey to come back up. as a fan i would have liked to see salmon stay up a little longer, but thinking in terms of running a baseball team, you have to let majewski pitch more than the 2 weeks or so he's been up. that's just silly to DFA a guy this soon. salmon will get plenty more chances to get back to the bigs and prove himself this season.

Shaggy Sanchez
06-04-2007, 05:18 PM
My only question is how does Mike Stanton get to stick around?

DannyB
06-04-2007, 05:22 PM
At least we get Hamilton back

But can he push Norris out of Jerry's lineup?:help:

fearofpopvol1
06-04-2007, 05:25 PM
My only question is how does Mike Stanton get to stick around?

Best point made in this thread.

Degenerate39
06-04-2007, 05:51 PM
But can he push Norris out of Jerry's lineup?:help:

I'm sure Griffey will get the night off tomorrow. So we'll see Saturday.

StrikeIndicator
06-04-2007, 07:12 PM
I told folks BEFORE he came up that based on what he showed w/ the Bats that Mag would get hit like a redheaded step child.
And he has.
Look at his contribution in Denver"
Faced 4 batters and ALL 4 hit the heck of out the ball. The entire time this is happening the tv guys are saying how much better he looks than he did last year!!

I hate to be the one that told you, but you have already seen the best of Majewski .

These moves are only going to frustrate the penpals even more, we won't learn how po'd they are until the next time the Reds have to re-
sign them.

Narron has been quoted repeatedly how good he thinks it is for players to "go down to AAA" and "work on their game"

If he really believes that such a move helps, he should send the following to
AAA immediately
Himself
Bucky Dent
Dickey Pole

how do we start a survey?

captainmorgan07
06-04-2007, 07:51 PM
mike stanton sticks around because he's signed to 2 year contract and wayne doesn't wanna look like an idiot when he designates him for assignment. Somone had to go we know that santos is our only long reliever so it can't be him. Salmon is an unfortunate person to be sent down but it had to be somebody.

hebroncougar
06-04-2007, 08:55 PM
I told folks BEFORE he came up that based on what he showed w/ the Bats that Mag would get hit like a redheaded step child.
And he has.
Look at his contribution in Denver"
Faced 4 batters and ALL 4 hit the heck of out the ball. The entire time this is happening the tv guys are saying how much better he looks than he did last year!!

I hate to be the one that told you, but you have already seen the best of Majewski .

These moves are only going to frustrate the penpals even more, we won't learn how po'd they are until the next time the Reds have to re-
sign them.

Narron has been quoted repeatedly how good he thinks it is for players to "go down to AAA" and "work on their game"

If he really believes that such a move helps, he should send the following to
AAA immediately
Himself
Bucky Dent
Dickey Pole

how do we start a survey?

Why Bucky Dent??? I think you mean Brook Jacoby, he's the batting coach. Dent is the bench coach.

Hey Meat
06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
I think he is the assistant GM or the team guru/wizard since he is the elder statesman. I think he is even older than Castellini.

StrikeIndicator
06-04-2007, 11:08 PM
I know who the hitting coach is, he is doing OK, it is Bucky the Narron Clone
(check the game and bp stats for the two times he has sub'd for JN)

reds44
06-04-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm sure Griffey will get the night off tomorrow. So we'll see Saturday.
I think Jerry will wait for a lefty to give Junior the night off.