PDA

View Full Version : Monitoring basic Reds stats

harangatang
06-05-2007, 02:19 AM
I don't know how hard it would be to do but I thought it would be a good idea to put the Reds current record and maybe some other basic team stats such as runs scored/runs allowed at the top of each page near the RedsZone logo.

Boss-Hog
06-05-2007, 07:07 AM
I thought it would be a good idea to put the Reds current record

I'm not sure a constant reminder on every page of the Reds' ineptitude would be such a good idea ;)

harangatang
06-06-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm not sure a constant reminder on every page of the Reds' ineptitude would be such a good idea ;)I guess I set myself up for that one. ;)

GridironGrace
06-08-2007, 01:49 AM
I created a spreadsheet that, when i have time, i update on my own with who started, who won, who lost, if there was a save, the score and some game notes where u can put HR's that were hit or whatever...and it tracks the w/l record as well.. and i planned on adding in the w/l for pitchers too.. stuff like that..

ive gotten pretty good with excel lol

but thats just a suggestion if its something u wanted to play with just track it manually on ur own?? because i agree.. seeing it at the top really wouldnt help.. espeically when its all on reds.com anyways..

i could understand maybe having the NLC standings somewhere alot of sports fan sites do that kinda thing but its nothing that has to be had..

but anyways thought id mention my spreadsheet. i could even send it on a messenger or email it to u if u wanted.. i got last seasons as well if ur intrested in seeing it

smith288
06-08-2007, 04:23 PM
I can make a very easy script that could do this and place it on the top using MLB.com's own data. That way no administrating would need to be done.

Come to think of it...might not. Would take a little programming that im sure Boss wouldnt want to have to keep track of. I wish XMLHTTP would allow for cross domain usage somehow without needing a proxy... oh well.

I was able to make a little proxy script that could do this...so if Boss is interested....

GridironGrace
06-08-2007, 07:53 PM
if im not mistaken thereare actually vbulletin mods for stuff like this???? not 100% though on that