PDA

View Full Version : New marketing Idea for when Homer takes the mound...

pokeyfan
06-09-2007, 06:12 PM
We should have a remake of the once famous MC Hammer song "You can't touch this".....and instead of saying "Hammer time", insert "It's Homer time".

Yeah, yeah, it sounds a little corny, but marketing is about doing something catchy, and i think that would be a little catchy.

Go ahead, make fun of me, but what do the rest of you think....good idea or bad idea?

Farney
06-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Anyone know what his actual song was last night?

FlightRick
06-09-2007, 11:32 PM
When Homer pitches, all we need is for the sound guy at GABP to have two buttons at the ready. One is a "D'oh!" and the other is a "whoohoo!"... they will be sprinkled liberally throughout Homer's outings at the appropriate times.

If any particularly enterprising fans out in right field wanted to make an even bigger splash, they should come up with some poster-sized visual representation of "Whoohoo!" and keep track of Homer's strike-outs by displaying those (instead of the more-standard "K" signs).

Perhaps a swinging third strike would be a "whoohoo!", but a called third strike could be an "Mmmmmmmm....." Get ownership to open the pursestrings and get Dan Castenaletta (or however you spell it) to spend 10 seconds in a recording studio so the Reds have an exclusive audio clip of "Mmmmmmm.... called third strike."

I could go on. But I won't.

Superdude
06-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Anyone know what his actual song was last night?

They played ZZ Top's La Grange before he took the mound. Rather fitting I thought.

mroby85
06-10-2007, 12:25 AM
We should have a remake of the once famous MC Hammer song "You can't touch this".....and instead of saying "Hammer time", insert "It's Homer time".

Yeah, yeah, it sounds a little corny, but marketing is about doing something catchy, and i think that would be a little catchy.

Go ahead, make fun of me, but what do the rest of you think....good idea or bad idea?

everyone else ignored it or had better ideas, but i liked your idea, i think it would be pretty catchy.

ThatPitchIsDunn
06-10-2007, 08:01 PM
When Homer pitches, all we need is for the sound guy at GABP to have two buttons at the ready. One is a "D'oh!" and the other is a "whoohoo!"... they will be sprinkled liberally throughout Homer's outings at the appropriate times.

If any particularly enterprising fans out in right field wanted to make an even bigger splash, they should come up with some poster-sized visual representation of "Whoohoo!" and keep track of Homer's strike-outs by displaying those (instead of the more-standard "K" signs).

Perhaps a swinging third strike would be a "whoohoo!", but a called third strike could be an "Mmmmmmmm....." Get ownership to open the pursestrings and get Dan Castenaletta (or however you spell it) to spend 10 seconds in a recording studio so the Reds have an exclusive audio clip of "Mmmmmmm.... called third strike."

I could go on. But I won't.

I love the woohoo idea. That'd be fantastic after every strikeout. :thumbup: