PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry Accused Of Assault

CTA513
06-13-2007, 12:26 AM
The article says this happened last friday.

Jun 13, 2007 12:10 AM

Assault Accusation Against Bengals' Chris Henry

Bengals' wide-receiver Chris Henry is accused of breaking the law again.

9News has learned that Florence police interviewed Henry, along with Bengal Reggie McNeal on Tuesday.

The two football pros may have been involved in assaulting a 16-year-old boy.

The family of the victim shared their story exclusively with 9News Tuesday night.

They talked off-camera because they say they're not ready to publicly show their faces.

But they are angry, alleging that Bengals players Chris Henry, along with a few others, beat the 16-year-old so severely that he had to be treated at the hospital for his injuries.

"It's very obvious," said Captain Linny Cloyd, of the Florence police department. "I've seen the young man. There's no doubt he was assaulted. At this point we're still trying to figure out who is who – where they were."

Police say the 16-year-old and an 18-year-old friend were walking along Wetherington Boulevard near Mt. Zion Road just after 11 p.m. Friday night when, they say a black Navigator or Escalade pulled up next to them.

According to the police report, a white male jumped out and started punching the 16-year-old in the face.

"From that, the victim tells us another gentleman got out of the vehicle the same vehicle and in their attempt to get away, was shoved to the ground by this African American gentleman," said Cloyd.

The teen identified that man as Bengals receiver Chris Henry, and says receiver Reggie McNeill was also in the vehicle.

The teen also alleges that they were throwing beer bottles at him as he tried to run away.

"Go away, we don't want to talk to you."

9News tried to talk to Chris Henry Tuesday night, but no one at his house wanted to talk to us.

Henry lives just a few blocks away from where police say the assault happened.

The victim's family tells 9News that the teen knows Henry and knows his vehicle because he lives in the neighborhood and was friends with Henry's younger brother.

Police questioned Henry Tuesday afternoon and are taking this allegation very seriously.

"We have been in contact with Mr. Henry and Mr. McNeal as to their whereabouts," said Capt. Cloyd. "They deny being in the area, or knowing this gentleman."

Police say they are still following leads and their investigation is on-going.

As for Chris Henry, he's been arrested four times in the past year-and-a-half for marijuana and gun charges, drunk driving and providing alcohol to female minors.

His run-ins with the law got him an eight-game, unpaid suspension this past season.

If these allegation are true, this could spell the end of Chris Henry's career.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said that Henry would be banished for life if there were any more mis-steps.

Source: http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=333af96c-8c24-4d44-9ed4-0c676af92d8d

WMR
06-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Jeez.

Yachtzee
06-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Could it be a similar situation to Odell Thurman last week? I don't know, but if this is true I really do hope the NFL drops a lifetime ban on Henry.

The Bengals seem to be suffering from battered spouse syndrome when it comes to Henry. They get upset when he does wrong, but then after the suspension is up, Henry shows up, saying the right things ("Hey, I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean it. Let's get back together."), and the Bengals take him back. Next thing you know, he's off doing something stupid again. Maybe we should call a social worker to check in on the Bengals, because I don't think they're in the right mind to make a good decision about Henry.

Reds Freak
06-13-2007, 01:30 AM
So let me get this straight. Two kids are walking down the street, car pulls up, guys get out, beat the snot out of the kids, throws beer bottles at kids, drives away. Didn't steal anything, no apparent motive, just a couple of NFL players looking for random kids to beat down on a Friday night? I'm not saying I think it happened or not, but sounds real fishy to me...

sonny
06-13-2007, 01:47 AM
So let me get this straight. Two kids are walking down the street, car pulls up, guys get out, beat the snot out of the kids, throws beer bottles at kids, drives away. Didn't steal anything, no apparent motive, just a couple of NFL players looking for random kids to beat down on a Friday night? I'm not saying I think it happened or not, but sounds real fishy to me...

Thats what I thought. But, then again, I wouldn't put it past Henry to do something like this.

redsfanmia
06-13-2007, 06:44 AM
I think its just racial profiling.

MrCinatit
06-13-2007, 07:01 AM

Yeah, that was my first reaction, as well.
I kept waiting for them to say the white guy was Palmer. Or Freel.

Redhook
06-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Police say the 16-year-old and an 18-year-old friend were walking along Wetherington Boulevard near Mt. Zion Road just after 11 p.m. Friday night when, they say a black Navigator or Escalade pulled up next to them.

According to the police report, a white male jumped out and started punching the 16-year-old in the face.

Either, we're missing a major part of this story, or it's completely made-up.

2 guys just walking down the street, a car pulls up, and just for funzies, they get out and assault the two kids. It doesn't make any sense.

The problem is, neither does Chris Henry so I won't be surprised if/when this story is true.

SunDeck
06-13-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm not ready to believe this is true.

durl
06-13-2007, 09:22 AM

I'm with you. It doesn't make sense.

Thats what I thought. But, then again, I wouldn't put it past Henry to do something like this.

But you also have a good point.

Redlegs23
06-13-2007, 11:01 AM
According to the police the kid was definitely messed up and someone kicked his butt. Perhaps the part of the story we're missing is where the kids throw something at the Escalade and mouth off, or something along those lines. A 16 year old would be likely to do something like that, and it's not something most 16 year olds would admit to. Unless the kid kicked his own butt and made up the part about Henry and McNeill.

Reds Freak
06-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Apparently that smell was fish...

http://www.wlwt.com/news/13493413/detail.html

Chip R
06-13-2007, 12:03 PM
It's getting to the point where people are going to feel sorry for Henry. First this false information about a failed drug test, now this.

Playadlc
06-13-2007, 02:28 PM
This is embarrassing.

Sue the family.

sonny
06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
I blame Adam Dunn
:)

SunDeck
06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
It's getting to the point where people are going to feel sorry for Henry. First this false information about a failed drug test, now this.

Well, he did make his own bed, didn't he?

Ltlabner
06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
According to the police the kid was definitely messed up and someone kicked his butt. Perhaps the part of the story we're missing is where the kids throw something at the Escalade and mouth off, or something along those lines. A 16 year old would be likely to do something like that, and it's not something most 16 year olds would admit to. Unless the kid kicked his own butt and made up the part about Henry and McNeill.

Or someone at school kicked hit butt and it's more exciting to say Chris Henry did it then some random kid. Or if it was a 98lbs weakling that beat him up and he was embrassed, something like that.

MrCinatit
06-13-2007, 06:29 PM
I blame Adam Dunn

That is completely insane.
Everyone knows Bob Boone was the other guy in the truck.

Chip R
06-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Well, he did make his own bed, didn't he?

Oh, he's no innocent. But there comes a point where if you accuse someone of something they didn't do, no matter how many crimes they committed in the past it doesn't mean they did that one. It's natural to feel sympathy for someone who was falsely accused of something. People have a sense of fair play and while they believe a guy like Henry deserves everything they get for the crimes they committed, they don't believe they should pay for crimes they didn't commit.

StillFunkyB
06-13-2007, 10:38 PM
First thing I would do is a little investigation into what team this 16 year old kid roots for. I wonder if there might be a Pittsburgh Steelers poster or two up in his room.

This makes absolutely no sense. Now had they said something like this happened at a party, or something along the same lines as Odell just recently it wouldn't be as odd. Like someone already said, I highly doubt a couple NFL players just go randomly seeking out kids on the side of the road to beat up for no reason.

If for some strange reason this is in anyway true, then absolutely Henry should be banned for life.

bucksfan2
06-14-2007, 10:38 AM
I am getting a little sick of this stuff. I could trip, fall, hit something, get a black eye, go down to the local police station, say Chris Henry accosted me, and in less than 5 minutes the story would be picked up by a local media source. The police and local media should be held more accountable for what they do.

SunDeck
06-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Oh, he's no innocent. But there comes a point where if you accuse someone of something they didn't do, no matter how many crimes they committed in the past it doesn't mean they did that one. It's natural to feel sympathy for someone who was falsely accused of something. People have a sense of fair play and while they believe a guy like Henry deserves everything they get for the crimes they committed, they don't believe they should pay for crimes they didn't commit.

You're right. I wasn't feeling particularly sympathetic for Henry...and I still am not, but I guess I should feel more sorry for him.
Life is nothing but a series of decisions and here's a kid who has landed on the top of the world by the grace of his genetics and he's bent on tossing it down the toilet because he wouldn't know the right choice if it bit him in the butt. The best thing for him would be to rent an island until he's allowed back in the game.

Chip R
06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
I am getting a little sick of this stuff. I could trip, fall, hit something, get a black eye, go down to the local police station, say Chris Henry accosted me, and in less than 5 minutes the story would be picked up by a local media source. The police and local media should be held more accountable for what they do.

I think you're right about accountability to a point. However Henry brought a lot of this onto himself. If you tripped, fell, hit something and got a black eye and you blamed Carson Palmer, no one would believe you and there wouldn't be anything said about it because Palmer's never had any legal problems. But Henry has a history so when someone says he did something, people are more likely to not give him the benefit of the doubt.

CTA513
06-15-2007, 05:05 PM
WLWT is saying that Henry won't be charged with anything.

Breaking News: No Charges Against Bengals' Henry
Travis Gettys, WLWT.com

POSTED: 4:04 pm EDT June 15, 2007
UPDATED: 4:49 pm EDT June 15, 2007

FLORENCE, Ky. -- No charges will be filed against Chris Henry in an alleged assault, police said.

The 16-year-old and his family have stopped cooperating with police and two other suspects have been identified in the attack, Florence police said at a Friday afternoon news conference.

Police said the assailants were two Florence men, but officers did not identify them.

The teen had claimed last week Henry, who on probation for a 2006 firearm conviction in Florida, and another man jumped from an SUV and assaulted them June 8 near Mount Zion Road.

The boy also said Bengals wide receiver Reggie McNeal was inside the vehicle during the attack.

A league source told News 5 after those reports had been made public that the allegations had been fabricated.

Henry is among nine Bengals to be arrested since the end of the 2005 season, and he's not the only troubled player to be the subject of conflicting reports of alleged misbehavior.

Last week two men accused Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman, who is eligible to apply for reinstatement to the NFL following a one-season ban for substance abuse violations, of assaulting them earlier this month at a party in Georgia.

However, the men dropped their claims before a scheduled court appearance and no charges were filed against Thurman.

Source: http://www.wlwt.com/news/13512164/detail.html?taf=cin

Hap
06-16-2007, 08:19 AM
I blame Adam Dunn

I heard Bob Boone told them to do it.

Sea Ray
06-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Let's step back and look at the things Chris Henry has really done. They are all a bunch of very minor stuff. Nothing violent, a lot really petty.

-speeding
-marijuana in his car
-no driver's license
-no car insurance
-waving a gun around
-blew .092 alcohol level. Up until recently drunk was .010
-giving alcohol to minors
-not using a turning signal

Things he's been falsely accused of:

-having sex with minors
-beating up minors

I don't know about you but I'm no wild and crazy guy but I've done over half the things on his list and nothing he did was violent or brought harm to others.

This guy is being made the NFL's poster child for arrests and he did come to the NFL very immature but he's not the villian he's made out to be.

Boss-Hog
06-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Let's step back and look at the things Chris Henry has really done. They are all a bunch of very minor stuff. Nothing violent, a lot really petty.

-speeding
-marijuana in his car
-no driver's license
-no car insurance
-waving a gun around

Things he's been falsely accused of:

-having sex with minors
-beating up minors

I don't know about you but I'm no wild and crazy guy but I've done over half the things on his list and nothing he did was violent or brought harm to others.

This guy is being made the NFL's poster child for arrests and he did come to the NFL very immature but he's not the villian he's made out to be.
I have a hard time overlooking the gun incident in Orlando before I'm ready to paint him as the victim here. I do agree with you on the other incidents that you listed. As for the things he's been falsely accused to (incuding the failed drug test), I do somewhat feel bad for the guy, as no one deserves that, particularly if they're (allegedly) truly trying to turn their life around.

Sea Ray
06-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Yes the gun and the pot are two things I have no experience with but if I grew up in a violent neighborhood I very well might have a gun. I'm fortunate that I've never lived in such an area.

He got what he deserved for the gun incident and I hope he learned from it but to his credit he didn't use it.

I knew I was forgetting something...the failed drug test! Thanks Boss...

Boss-Hog
06-16-2007, 11:30 AM
For me, it's not that he owned a gun - it's that he waved it at a group of people (including police officers).

GAC
06-16-2007, 11:51 AM
For me, it's not that he owned a gun - it's that he waved it at a group of people (including police officers).

Exactly. And didn't it turn up that the gun was stolen? Where did he get it? I don't consider these actions petty or insignificant.

Chip R
06-17-2007, 10:33 AM

Exactly. He - or someone else, including police officers - could have been killed or severely wounded. It's hardly insignificant.

SunDeck
06-17-2007, 01:12 PM

How many people have had to slam on their brakes because of this man?
Lock that dude up.
:D

gonelong
06-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Petty and easy to overlook IMO:
-speeding
-marijuana in his car

A bit more serious, but in the grand scheme of things given his age, etc. I could overlook these:
-no car insurance -no driver's license

Serious Issue: (Judgement is an issue, not a deal breaker by itself, but put with everything else makes him a problem IMO. A repeat of this and I'd toss 'em)

Off the hook: (Knucklehead, See ya later)
-waving a gun around

GL