PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think Adam Dunn has played his last home game as a Red?

BearcatShane
06-17-2007, 08:05 PM
We have a long road trip coming up and his trade value is at its peak. I truely believe he might have played his last game at GABP as a Cincinnati Red.

mole44
06-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Trading Adam Dunn will either be the DUMBEST move this organization can make or the SMARTEST.

reds44
06-17-2007, 08:55 PM
It's possible but with what Krivsky asked for from LAA, I don't see a deal being close. He is asking for a really high price (which is a good thing) right now, and I think teams will wait for the price to come down (which it will).

I wouldn't be surprised if it was his last home game though.

Degenerate39
06-17-2007, 08:58 PM
No he'll be here for a long long time

BearcatShane
06-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Things heard at the stadium today
"Well.......this is working out pretty well, maybe Dunn's weekend will get us more in return now"
-Member of Reds organization

http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

reds44
06-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Wow.

Screwball
06-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Well, seeing as how Lance has said numerous times he'd trade Dunn for a bag of baseballs, I wouldn't be surprised if this mystery "member of the organziation" was a beer vendor.

I(heart)Freel
06-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Dunn-lovers gotta knock off the conspiracy theories. This ain't JFK and you're not Oliver Stone.

People who might want to move Dunn - like myself and Lance and others - don't think Dunn is worth $13 mill and think that if we can get a decent return for him, we should.

No body has it out for him. No body hates him personally (that I know of). We are however sick of losing, and we think there will be better ways to spend 18 percent of the payroll. We also see this as the year to make the move because I just don't see us contending come September. Yes, we're "only" a handful of games from second. But there are too many (better) teams to leapfrog for us to make noise this year.

So let's get some missing pieces for 2008.

Screwball
06-17-2007, 11:48 PM
I have no problem with trading Dunn as long as the Reds get serious value in return. I think the majority of educated Reds fans would say the same as well. The problem with Lance McAlister (well, one of the many problems anyway) is that he wants Dunn traded simply to remove him from the team. He scoffs at any attempt to prove Dunn's worth (although the callers I've heard haven't done a very good job), and is so frustratingly one-sided I've stopped listening to his show. When it comes to the subject of Adam Dunn, I hold zero stock in what Lance McAlister has to say, mystery sources included.