reds44
06-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Per Trent

Friday, RHP Aaron Harang
Saturday, RHP Kyle Lohse
Sunday, RHP Bronson Arroyo

FlightRick
06-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Opinions are flying on the ORG about this, including the standard moronic hyperbole about Krivsky being responsible for the Single Worst Contract In The History Of Baseball after he signed Arroyo to a long-term deal... [Which is worse: being relegated to the Sun Deck with all the morons, or being surrounded by Morons With Tenure on the ORG? ZING~!]

Ah, I keed, I keed....

Myself, I am concerned that Our Favorite Ladyboy has been reduced to publicly discussing his attempts to change his diet and activity-levels. Food and rest are staples of human existence; if you're so out of ideas for what's messed up with you that you start wondering if you're eating or relaxing the right way, there's a good chance there's something really wrong.

I mean: you have to be doing something REALLY wrong on the diet or sleep fronts if you honestly need help to do it right. You don't meet too many finely-tuned professional athletes who are morbidly obese or raging non-functional alcoholics. Somebody who's getting paid to perform in a Professional Athletic Capacity will have some standards, and might derive some modicum of benefit from tweaking his supplements or sleeping in an oxygen chamber, or something.... but it's an incremental gain, at best, and it doesn't speak to Fundamental Wellness.

Losing 5 mph off your fastball doesn't strike me as an "incremental" loss. So the latest round of interviews/revelations don't strike me as an honest or realistic assessment of the affliction that is causing these symptoms. Believing in Protein Shakes and/or one measly day of extra rest is tantamount to believing in voodoo.

Granted, I *want* to believe in both. I love having Ladyboy Arroyo effortlessly posting 2.60 ERAs (even if he's not winning) but frequently do severe damage to my own liver on nights when he labors through 5 inning outings that cost him 8 runs and 120 pitches. Also: if voodoo was real, it'd be much easier to control my many enemies and archnemeses.

Sadly, I am too pragmatic to believe in such things and be optimistic. I begin to fear the worst.

- FR~!

PS: Does anybody think that Brantley's recent short rant about Arroyo quitting his attempt to be in a crappy band and focus on "what pays the bills" holds any water?

hebroncougar
06-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Opinions are flying on the ORG about this, including the standard moronic hyperbole about Krivsky being responsible for the Single Worst Contract In The History Of Baseball after he signed Arroyo to a long-term deal... [Which is worse: being relegated to the Sun Deck with all the morons, or being surrounded by Morons With Tenure on the ORG? ZING~!]

PS: Does anybody think that Brantley's recent short rant about Arroyo quitting his attempt to be in a crappy band and focus on "what pays the bills" holds any water?

Since I'm a moron, does it really matter if I answer your question?

mole44
06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
That genius Krivsky does it again! One day is plenty enough to recover from a month of dead arm....Give me a break, put him on the 15 day and put him on house arrest. I think Brantley's arrgument does hold some water.

Screwball
06-20-2007, 09:29 AM

Not me. I really don't see how playing a guitar and singing will cause BA to lose 5 mph on his fastball and any sort of command / sharp break to his curveballs. It might affect an outing after a long night, but 4 or 5 miserable outings in a row like this? That tells me it's a physical problem, not a matter where BA just needs to stop playing the guitar and all his problems will be solved.

Of course, because Marty and Brantley talked about it on the air, it's now taken as fact and every Reds fan I work with has written off Arroyo because "he just wants to be a rock star", etc. Very frustrating... :bang: