PDA

View Full Version : Arroyo Backs Out of Concert

reds44
06-20-2007, 04:08 PM
The second annual Perfect Pitch concert, scheduled for Sunday, July 1 at the Madison Theater in Covington, Kentucky, has been canceled.

Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo, the featured performer at the concert, said, “The timing isn’t good right now. My body is a little banged up, and I’m trying to help us win baseball games.”

Arroyo is slated to perform at Kahn’s Redsfest, presented by Great American Insurance, benefiting the Reds Community Fund. The event returns to the Duke Energy Center downtown December 7-8.

The Perfect Pitch concert was slated to feature Arroyo, Chad Perrone and Screaming Mimes. It was to be hosted by local comedian Josh Sneed.

At a May 27 concert downtown, Arroyo helped generate more than $6,000 in charitable proceeds that benefited the Reds Community Fund and Homes for our Troops program. Arroyo is also donating $100 for each strikeout this season to Homes for our Troops, an organization that provides homes at no cost to injured or disabled servicemen and servicewomen and their immediate families.

Fans who purchased tickets to the Perfect Pitch concert will receive a full refund and 2 tickets to a 2007 Reds home game.

-Trent

Honestly, it's kind of good to hear. I'm happy to know how much he wants to get back on track.

otto
06-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm bummed, my band was scheduled to play!

mroby85
06-20-2007, 11:59 PM
i'm glad to see bronson has his priorities straight.