PDA

View Full Version : A's DFA Milton Bradley

TStuck
06-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Per ESPN transactions page, the A's just DFA'd Milton Bradley one day after activating him from the 15 day DL. Not sure of the details why this move was made. Perhaps Beane may be happy playing his youngsters and Milton wasn't excited about becoming a bench guy???

You're the GM.
With all of the rumors of potentially trading Dunn and/or Griffey, is Bradley a guy you would potentially target to back fill a little offense and hold down an OF spot for a year or so? Discuss among yourselves.....

If I'm the GM :eek: - I think I pursue him.

Jim Fazio
06-21-2007, 01:39 PM
No thanks, he's a cancer in the club house.

uoduck1017
06-21-2007, 01:42 PM
I honestly don't think Bradley is the type of player this team needs. His skills are not what they used to be and he's had some behavioral problems in the past.

TStuck
06-21-2007, 01:51 PM
After taking the time to look at The Baseball Cube, I was a bit surprised to find that Bradley has only played more than 110 games in a season ONE time (2004) in his career. That makes me rethink my earlier statement a bit.

reds44
06-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Wow, I would love the have Milton on the team. Especially when you consider Dunn and/or Griffey could be on the way out.

nate
06-21-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't think we should be playing games with Milton Bradley.

boognish
06-21-2007, 02:31 PM
I don't think we should be playing games with Milton Bradley.

:laugh:

I think he'd be a solid player across the board.

11larkin11
06-21-2007, 03:00 PM
He could be the piece to the puzzle to help us win.

nate
06-21-2007, 03:21 PM
We'd better have a Clue, otherwise we might be Sorry and find ourselves in a dicey situation.

cacollinsmba
06-21-2007, 06:06 PM
If does join the team, he won't be a Barrel of Monkeys and could get himself into Trouble. He could tear up the clubhouse or a water cooler so badly that it looks like it got hit by a Twister. We could get stuck with this guy like a mouse in a Mouse Trap. But let's face it, the team is not a model of Perfection and needs a major Operation. Some might say the team's starting to sink like a divebombed Battleship. There's no doubt that Bradley, if healthy, could Connect Four or more home runs out of GABP this season, adding some punch to our lineup. I don't think he's Hands Down the best available outfielder, though. But I guess that's Life. Castellini may have Ants in the Pants and figure it's time to start swinging the Axis and Allies will say he's doing the right thing to be proactive.

StrikeIndicator
06-21-2007, 07:32 PM
:laugh:

I think he'd be a solid player across the board.

Did you mean to say Borderline?:bang:

reds1869
06-22-2007, 09:01 AM
If does join the team, he won't be a Barrel of Monkeys and could get himself into Trouble. He could tear up the clubhouse or a water cooler so badly that it looks like it got hit by a Twister. We could get stuck with this guy like a mouse in a Mouse Trap. But let's face it, the team is not a model of Perfection and needs a major Operation. Some might say the team's starting to sink like a divebombed Battleship. There's no doubt that Bradley, if healthy, could Connect Four or more home runs out of GABP this season, adding some punch to our lineup. I don't think he's Hands Down the best available outfielder, though. But I guess that's Life. Castellini may have Ants in the Pants and figure it's time to start swinging the Axis and Allies will say he's doing the right thing to be proactive.

Now that took some time. :laugh:

jmble
06-22-2007, 09:20 AM
If we could bring Dave Parker out of retirement and tell him to bring his brother, we would have an outfield of Milton Bradley and The Parker Brothers.... (cheap... I know) :)

nate
06-22-2007, 09:37 AM
If we could bring Dave Parker out of retirement and tell him to bring his brother, we would have an outfield of Milton Bradley and The Parker Brothers.... (cheap... I know) :)

Ow!

If Parker's brother can't cut it, is he a Hasbro?

cacollinsmba
06-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Now that took some time. :laugh:

It was either work on that or study for the CPA exam. :)

StrikeIndicator
06-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Talked to a friend that played with Milton Bradley w/ the Expos, he said that a GM would have to be nuts to want him in the clubhouse.

Cicero
06-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Talked to a friend that played with Milton Bradley w/ the Expos, he said that a GM would have to be nuts to want him in the clubhouse.

My cousin's best friend's brother's uncle reports the same thing.