PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea: Dunn to the O's?

JLB5
06-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Not that I think this one could ever happen, but would you consider trading Dunn and Gonzalez to Baltimore for Miguel Tejada? Tejada has 2 years left on his contract at around 13.5 mill per year (Dunn would earn about the same if the Reds retain him). It would be a wash on salaries for the remainer of this season and wouldn't raise the budget for the next 2.

If I knew that the Reds had other methods to get some decent pitching prospects (i.e. trading Lohse, Hatte, Weathers + sign free agent or 2), I would actually consider this. It would bring a middle of the order RH bat without a salary hit.

I bring this one up not because it could be a reality, but are the Reds close enough to being a contender that a move like this could make the difference along with adding some different role players or is a firesale in order?

Edit: I don't think Baltimore would go for it.

kaldaniels
06-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Not that I think this one could ever happen, but would you consider trading Dunn and Gonzalez to Baltimore for Miguel Tejada? Tejada has 2 years left on his contract at around 13.5 mill per year (Dunn would earn about the same if the Reds retain him). It would be a wash on salaries for the remainer of this season and wouldn't raise the budget for the next 2.

If I knew that the Reds had other methods to get some decent pitching prospects (i.e. trading Lohse, Hatte, Weathers + sign free agent or 2), I would actually consider this. It would bring a middle of the order RH bat without a salary hit.

I bring this one up not because it could be a reality, but are the Reds close enough to being a contender that a move like this could make the difference along with adding some different role players or is a firesale in order?

Edit: I don't think Baltimore would go for it.

Might want to hold off on this given the potential "serious" broken wrist Miggy came down with.

JLB5
06-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Might want to hold off on this given the potential "serious" broken wrist Miggy came down with.

Yeah, I saw he might have to miss some time. It's more of a fantasy baseball type trade than one you see in reality. I actually think it was reading the article about his wrist that made me think of him and how I think he would be a great fit in the Reds' lineup and a monster bat in GABP.

44Magnum
06-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Not to mention the fact that Tejada has been a steroid user.

JLB5
06-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Not to mention the fact that Tejada has been a steroid user.

Fact? According to Rafael Palmerio, and we all know how honest he is.

Ahhhorsepoo
06-22-2007, 02:15 PM
And the fact that Miggy is 31 years old.. a year older than alex is.. if he was 27 or 2 i would think it a good deal.. but tejada will be declining over the next 4 or 5 years..

Doro
06-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I would much rather have Dunn than Tejada. By many scouts reports they say he no longer has the range for SS and shouldnt be playing there.

DTCromer
06-23-2007, 09:43 AM
I would much rather have Dunn than Tejada. By many scouts reports they say he no longer has the range for SS and shouldnt be playing there.

And Dunn has much range in LF?

BTW, Tejada did play in 1,100 games in a row up to this point. . . . . so we know we can count on him like everyone here expected Dunn to play everyday. :rolleyes

rotnoid
06-24-2007, 07:09 AM
And Dunn has much range in LF?

BTW, Tejada did play in 1,100 games in a row up to this point. . . . . so we know we can count on him like everyone here expected Dunn to play everyday. :rolleyes

Since 2002, Dunn has played in 158, 116, 161, 160, and 160 games. So, one thing you can't bash the guy for is not playing everyday. Even the most arden Dunn bashers know that.