PDA

View Full Version : Old Mr. Reds Race

otto
06-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Hey Folks - I was wondering if anyone has any video they could post of the old Mr. Reds Race from Riverfront. Someone made a nice mockup on youtube but I'd love to track down a video of the actual race running on the old scoreboard. Camcorder or anything like that is fine.

Thanks!

Caseyfan21
06-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Hey Folks - I was wondering if anyone has any video they could post of the old Mr. Reds Race from Riverfront. Someone made a nice mockup on youtube but I'd love to track down a video of the actual race running on the old scoreboard. Camcorder or anything like that is fine.

Thanks!

This would be amazing. I loved the old race so much better than the computer graphics one with Gapper and all the clutter. I remember a couple years ago at GABP they did a Mr. Reds race the old school way across the scoreboard when I was at a game. I freaked out I was so excited and all my friends looked at me like I was an idiot. :laugh:

otto
06-27-2007, 01:18 PM
This would be amazing. I loved the old race so much better than the computer graphics one with Gapper and all the clutter. I remember a couple years ago at GABP they did a Mr. Reds race the old school way across the scoreboard when I was at a game. I freaked out I was so excited and all my friends looked at me like I was an idiot. :laugh:

I'm revising that one for our upcoming 70's night promotion... I want it to be a bit more accurate.

I hope to freak you out again. :)

Redhook
06-27-2007, 06:04 PM
I can't stand the new Reds race.

Old, trusty #3 was my man.

redsfanfalcon
06-28-2007, 09:25 AM
I can't stand the new Reds race.

Old, trusty #3 was my man.

Me neither...it looks like they run with corncobs up their butts.

adampad
06-28-2007, 10:48 AM
I liked the old one better too. #2 was my boy.

Link to youtube remake: http://youtube.com/watch?v=R6LRHVo-14M

Caseyfan21
06-28-2007, 11:11 AM
I liked the old one better too. #2 was my boy.

Link to youtube remake: http://youtube.com/watch?v=R6LRHVo-14M

#2 was always mine as well. Quite a guy that #2 was.

Ludwig Reds Fan
06-28-2007, 11:44 AM
The old Reds Race was kind of like voting for the President.

They all look and act the same, but the winner is always the one with the most money behind it, and the results are always known before hand to the ones that "really matter." /tinfoil hat off

(By the way, #2 was my guy too )

Ahhhorsepoo
06-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I heard they asked #1 and #3 to go testify for performance enhancing drugs.. I always hated those two.. always seemed to have the extra gear when #2 would be clearly winning by like 6 bulbs.. I hope they arent allowed into the hof.. stupid cheaters..

aernisius
06-28-2007, 01:14 PM
I remember when #1 and #3 would tie, and i would say, "there's not tying in baseball!" (All star games in Milwaukee being the exceptions;) )