PDA

View Full Version : FSN former Adelphia area (Delhi)

robmadden1
06-27-2007, 10:12 PM
We lost the signal to fsn is anyone having this problem. I don't want to miss the best damn show tonight my favortite actress Alyssa Milano will be on the show tonight. It keeps going in and out.

robmadden1
06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
God I hate Time Warner.

bellhead
06-27-2007, 11:05 PM
For someone who works for another utility in town...:beerme: Call us tomorrow and we'll hook you up with direct tv....:D

robmadden1
06-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Are you going to give away the service for free? lol

robmadden1
06-28-2007, 07:08 PM
My FSN is still messed up going in and out and giving the pixelated color blocks.

mole44
06-29-2007, 12:39 PM
For someone who works for another utility in town...:beerme: Call us tomorrow and we'll hook you up with direct tv....:D

I'm this close to switching to Direct TV myself. I have a few questions tho since I've never had satalite, maybe you can help.

1. Are there any delays when switching, like when I change the channel with my digital sometimes it takes a sec for the channel to load.

2. Does the rain and weather really not bother the dish or is that just something you guys tell us?

UC_Ken
06-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm not a dish expert but I can say I was at a restaurant Wed. night when the storms came in and the Direct TV lost it's signal.

Redskinalum02
06-29-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm not a dish expert but I can say I was at a restaurant Wed. night when the storms came in and the Direct TV lost it's signal.

As did Time Warner in my area (not a former Adelphia area).

jmble
06-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I've had Directv in the Delhi area for about seven years. I love it and would never go back to Time Warner. Yes, the weather will effect it occasionaly, but I could probably count on one hand (maybe a few other times) in the seven years I've had it that the signal went out while I was watching something. It doesn't go out when it rains. It goes out when a major storm comes through. And when it does go out, it's usually not for more than ten or fifteen minutes.

I don't notice a delay with mine when I change the channel, but maybe it's just something that you've noticed that I haven't. I click a channel and it pretty much just goes right to it.

Directv also has great deals with Tivo that make it worth having just for that. But that's just my opnion... If you don't like Tivo (and shame on you) then that really wouldn't matter.

Redskinalum02
06-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm currently a TW customer, but Cinti Bell has a package deal with DirecTV that will likely save you some money when you bundle it with other CB services (such as wireless, residential, zoomtown, security system, etc). Not a bad deal. I'm in the process of migrating my roadrunner email address to a new one so I can switch as well.

Redskinalum02
06-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Directv also has great deals with Tivo that make it worth having just for that. But that's just my opnion... If you don't like Tivo (and shame on you) then that really wouldn't matter.

In defense of TW, their DVR works very well.