PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see Narron go!

ARedsLifer
07-02-2007, 01:07 AM
I really honestly think that Sunday was the capper for Mr. Castellini and Co. I mean Narron was the guy who from day one repeatedly stated his demand for guys playing the game the right way(whatever that means). Well, how about 3 errors and a team that shows no signs of life.

The one thing that really got to me regarding Narron was how he benched EE for not leaving the box on a pop out but when Hamilton(numerous times) or Dunn loafed it, nothing was done. With a veteran team you pick and choose your battles, but with this squad you don't have that luxury. The thing that really irked me was Narron's style, or really the lack of style. The joke about wanting to play the Royals every game during interleague play. What a shortsighted thing to say.:thumbdown..

Oh well. Glad to be in the RedsZone. I'm a new member, was referred by a current member. Look forward to many great discussions.

durl
07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Welcome to RedsZone!

The one thing that really got to me regarding Narron was how he benched EE for not leaving the box on a pop out but when Hamilton(numerous times) or Dunn loafed it, nothing was done. With a veteran team you pick and choose your battles, but with this squad you don't have that luxury. The thing that really irked me was Narron's style, or really the lack of style. The joke about wanting to play the Royals every game during interleague play. What a shortsighted thing to say.:thumbdown..

I believe EE's horrendous batting average and inability to throw to first base played a big factor in how Narron treated him. We expect Edwin to hit for power and hold down the hot corner on defense but when he can't do either, something had to be done to get his attention.

Narron's style was more laid back and it's pretty evident that the players liked him a lot. The problem is that they just didn't PLAY for him to the same degree as they liked him. Perhaps another managerial style will work with this team...or perhaps not. We'll have to wait and see.

HFFO
07-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but Boone and Narron both were former catchers and both couldn't handle a pitching staff. Neither are proven winners as managers. Both made some really unorthodox decisions. Additionally, both were likable guys. However, just as with Boone, I am glad to see Narron go. I really think we need a proven winner to take the helm, or a very agressive young guy. We need some excitement and hope!

mroby85
07-05-2007, 11:23 AM
i agree that changes needed to be made, but i honestly don't believe it was narron's fault. i don't think any manager couldve won with this team. he was dealt a horrible deck of cards, and then he was fired for not being able to win with it.

nate
07-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but Boone and Narron both were former catchers and both couldn't handle a pitching staff. Neither are proven winners as managers. Both made some really unorthodox decisions. Additionally, both were likable guys. However, just as with Boone, I am glad to see Narron go. I really think we need a proven winner to take the helm, or a very agressive young guy. We need some excitement and hope!

I honestly think we've had the same manager since Bob Boone, Bove Mirron.

fadetoblack2880
07-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I say good riddance. He seemed to show very little emotion. He may be a great person, but I'm glad he's gone.