PDA

View Full Version : Who's most to blame for the season?

BoCcc2832
07-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Who's most to blame for the season? I vote choice "E"

T7-niner
07-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Who's most to blame for the season? I vote choice "E"

Word.

You can't just throw blame for the worst record in baseball to any one group / person, etc. The blame falls on the organization as a whole, from top to bottom. Without a doubt in my eyes....

AmarilloRed
07-02-2007, 01:05 PM
The whole organization, from top to bottom, is responsible.

TStuck
07-02-2007, 01:22 PM
It's absolutely all of the above. Players have to play. Manager has to organize it on the field. GM has to supply Manager with good players. Owner has to pay for it all and hold the executives accountable. The Reds have pretty much failed on all accounts.
You could maybe argue that Cast should be excused a bit. Maybe he had the wallet open, but Kriv didn't reel in anyone. But then he should be taking a harder line with the GM for not doing his job. We'll see what transpires between now and the end of the season.

THE HONEYMOON IS OFFICIALLY OVER!! Every member of this organization should be put on notice - especially Krivsky.

The saddest thing is that I really believe the organization fell victim to the delusion that last seanon's overachieving was actually the norm for the team - not the exception. Krivsky built the Reds house on beach sand instead of rock. Now we're in the middle of a storm and the house has collapsed instead of holding firm - because of a weak foundation.:cry:

All this being said, I remain forever a Reds fan. We have some nice pieces to hold onto, but there is a LOT of work to be done. There are those who think we're close - if they mean within 2 years with some corresponding moves, then I'm in agreement. But there's no way the current cast of characters is close without some major holes being shored up and a lot of IFs all coming true.
Hopefully today is just the first step along the road back to respectability.

klw
07-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Pete Mackanin

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/pete_mackanin_autograph.jpg

Degenerate39
07-02-2007, 01:28 PM
You cant put blame on just one person

nate
07-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Pete Mackanin

Heh!

Might as well get warmed up!

UC_Ken
07-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I didn't vote because I believe the answer is the previous administrations. Krivsky has made some very good moves and some very bad moves and I think they even themselves out. Narron is a horrible manager but lack of talent is the bigger problem.