PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED: Mackanin's First Day; Team takes infield and outfield

reds44
07-03-2007, 03:40 PM
REDS
Freel, cf
Phillips, 2b
Griffey Jr., rf
Conine, 1b
Dunn, lf
Encarnacion, 3b
Gonzalez, ss
Ross, c
Harang, rhp

GIANTS
Roberts, cf
Winn, rf
Durham, 2b
Bonds, lf
Klesko, 1b
Molina, c
Feliz, 3b
Vizquel, ss
Zito, lhp

Screwball
07-03-2007, 04:04 PM
I like seeing Phillips at the top of the lineup against lefties. Not only does he have speed, but his OBP against LHP is .359 and his SLG is .613 for an outstanding .972 OPS.

Degenerate39
07-03-2007, 04:09 PM
WTF Narron didn't get fired

jimbo
07-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Dunn should be in the cleanup spot everyday and Conine should never be there. And where is Hamilton? They had a day-off yesterday, no reason for him not to be in tonight. He should be starting everday, regardless of the opposing pitcher is.

captainmorgan07
07-03-2007, 04:15 PM
just because the lineups the same doesn't mean its gonna be exactly how narron would handle the whole game. It'll be intersting to see how he handles the bullpen and how long he lets harang go.

steig
07-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Dunn should be in the cleanup spot everyday and Conine should never be there. And where is Hamilton? They had a day-off yesterday, no reason for him not to be in tonight. He should be starting everday, regardless of the opposing pitcher is.

Agreed 100%. No way for Hamilton to learn how to hit lefties if he doesn't get a chance to play against them. It's not like we are worried about how far out of first we are at this point.

Screwball
07-03-2007, 04:17 PM

Freel's been out for about a month and Hamilton had his chance. All Hamilton could do was put up a .971 OPS with 5 HRs and 10 RBIs with decent defense. This team has been losing and it needs Freel's scrappiness to win. Nevermind his OBP is .313 (.169 against LHP), he's got the scrappiness to steal bases. It doesn't matter he's been caught stealing nearly half the time, he's got Farney on his side telling him to be scrappy. That's all that matters.

[/sarcasm]

jimbo
07-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Freel's been out for about a month and Hamilton had his chance. All Hamilton could do was put up a .971 OPS with 5 HRs and 10 RBIs with decent defense. This team has been losing and it needs Freel's scrappiness to win. Nevermind his OBP is .313 (.169 against LHP), he's got the scrappiness to steal bases. It doesn't matter he's been caught stealing nearly half the time, he's got Farney on his side telling him to be scrappy. That's all that matters.

[/sarcasm]

:laugh: Love the sarcasm and couldn't agree more.

OesterPoster
07-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Hamilton isn't going to be traded, so maybe Mackanin has a directive from above to play guys who might be tradeable (Freel, Griffey, Dunn)? I know, I know. It's a hair-brained conspiracy theory. ;)

JLB5
07-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Hamilton isn't going to be traded, so maybe Mackanin has a directive from above to play guys who might be tradeable (Freel, Griffey, Dunn)? I know, I know. It's a hair-brained conspiracy theory. ;)

Or they are hoping the "spark plug" Freel will help to "energize" the team in his first game back from the DL. I'm going to give the guy at least a week before I start blasting him. It's not the worst lineup I've seen this year.

reds44
07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
the team is taking infield and outfiel right now. I asked Pete if this would be an everyday thing, he said no, that he just wanted to see the team firsthand.
-Trent

DannyB
07-03-2007, 07:47 PM
WTF Narron didn't get fired

Really-Petes first day is a big:thumbdown