PDA

View Full Version : Coutlangus' comments in The Enquirer

Screwball
07-03-2007, 03:54 PM
"How can you be responsible when you're just trying to do your best job out there?" Coutlangus said. "You're going out there and just trying to make pitches. You can't sit here and say someone's responsible or some part is responsible. We're a team and we go down as a team. We in as a team. We lose as a team."

Uhhhh, what? While it's true they win as a team and lose as a team, to say the bullpen isn't responsible because "you're going out there and just trying to make pitches" is, well, ridiculous. To not recognize that pitching, and the bullpen in particular, is the main reason why the Reds are where they are is completely foolhardy and to say otherwise makes me wonder if Coutlangus has been paying attention to this season or not.

But hey, as long as you're trying, it doesn't matter whether you get the job done or not, eh Jon? I wonder if my boss will accept the same excuse from me...

Screwball
07-03-2007, 05:13 PM
And apparently nobody cares...

StrikeIndicator
07-03-2007, 05:34 PM
how many games have we outscored the opposition in the 7-8-9 innings?

same question but against teams with a 500 record or above?

I thought we lost the other night in part due to the bad judgement and pitch calling of David Ross. But now I see that Chad had been DFA'd so maybe Ross had a gameplan all along

cacollinsmba
07-03-2007, 06:08 PM
And apparently nobody cares...

It may be that the defense of Narron implies that he think Krivsky bears some responsibility.

AmarilloRed
07-04-2007, 12:48 AM
After those remarks, Mackanin should send Coutlangas to AAA

JLB5
07-04-2007, 09:08 AM
I think there have been suggestions that the reason Narron was fired it that he was blaming the bullpen and becoming vocal about Krivsky's lack of dealing to fix it. May have had something to do with it. There were also suggestions (by Phillips and media) that this team lacks desire to win. I think he was saying, it's not like we aren't trying and you can't ask us to do more than trying our best.

Jr's Boy
07-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Maybe the bullpen can feed off the new manager's attitude.Narron just did not seem to be a great motivator.And Krivsky said that Narron had emotion he just did'nt show it.Well that don't cut it in today's game,player's need and respect that authority figure in the clubhouse.