PDA

View Full Version : Mixed emotions?

Jim Fazio
07-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the Reds and want them to do well, but if they have a good second half, Mackanin will get the job permantely. Will you be rooting for them to do well or falter so they have a chance to hire a big name manager for next season and beyond?

ryanparkersongs
07-04-2007, 08:46 AM
I agree with you. I have mixed emotions as well. It becomes riskier if we do better and they start getting the idea that they can save a bunch of money on the manager position.

JLB5
07-04-2007, 09:22 AM
I think it is going to be hard for them not to do better. I will just be interesting to see how Pete Mack does with this squad. I'm not thrilled by any of the "big names" out there, so I'm interested to see what this guy can do. Now, if things break up in St. Louis, I'd move the earth and sun to get Dave Duncan here to work with the pitching staff.

George Anderson
07-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Unless the Reds play .700 ball for the rest of the season then there is no way the Reds keep the current manager and staff. I think we all know there is little chance this team with the current crop of players will play .700 ball for the rest of the year!!

TexasRed
07-04-2007, 02:01 PM
It isn't so much that I don't think Pete could be a decent manager (the post re: the dartboard in the clubhouse over on ORG has scored points with me in his favor:laugh:)...... It's that I am sick of this team hiring from within. IMHO it would be a breath of fresh air to go out and get a proven manager..... I have to think a lot of others feel this way too.

Doro
07-04-2007, 02:14 PM
if they do well then why do they need a new manager?

Carolina Red
07-04-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm with you, Tex. We need to get a proven winner with a proven staff. Preferably NOT LaRussa.