PDA

View Full Version : Stanton activated; Salmon sent out

JLB5
07-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Per Fay:

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/2007/07/stanton-activated-salmon-sent-out.asp

From the Reds:

Today the Reds returned from a rehabilitation assignment and reinstated from the 15-day disabled list LHP Mike Stanton; optioned to Louisville RHP Brad Salmon.

Stanton has been on the DL since June 17 with a strained left hamstring.

BuckU
07-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Wow.....What does Salmon have to do to stay up?

bleedsred
07-05-2007, 04:00 PM
And Stone stays with the big club? I don't even want to waste my time looking at the stats, but it seems like Stone has given up 3/4 HRs already in limited activity. Combine that with his age and the Reds current record and the move just doesn't make since. At least salmon is young and MAY have a future on this team.

CySeymour
07-05-2007, 04:01 PM
This seems like a suspect move. Next to Weathers, Salmon seemed like the most consistant thing down there.

reds44
07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Why Salmon? Salmon has been the best reliever outside of Stormy. Stone, Gosling, and even McBeth would have been better choices.

Degenerate39
07-05-2007, 04:05 PM
This seems like a suspect move. Next to Weathers, Salmon seemed like the most consistant thing down there.

Stone is consistantly bad

JLB5
07-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Why Salmon? Salmon has been the best reliever outside of Stormy. Stone, Gosling, and even McBeth would have been better choices.

I would think so as well. I guess they think Stone/Gosling serve the mop up rolls better. McBeth has been snakebit and a trip to AAA might be just what he needs to get things grooving again. I would guess they also expect Bray back soon and will be making another move in the next couple of days.

OesterPoster
07-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I would guess they also expect Bray back soon and will be making another move in the next couple of days.

Exactly what I was thinking. Bray sure seems close to coming back, and I suspect Stone gets dumped at that point.

reds44
07-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Bray sure seems close to coming back, and I suspect Stone gets dumped at that point.
I would think it would be Gosling. It would have the most sense to send Stone out today and Gosling out when Bray returns.

BuckU
07-05-2007, 04:14 PM

I was thinking Coutlangas goes when Bray is healthy and Stone goes when Burton is healthy. I'm not sure how Salmon gets worked back in unless there is a trade. I think Gosling stays becuase they do need a guy to work up to 3 innings and with Santos gone nobody else can.

JLB5
07-05-2007, 04:55 PM
All in all, I think this is what largely contributed to Narron getting fired. I think he wanted Krivsky to do like last year and go out and to get him an arm or two for the pen. I think Kriv's is moving more toward and evaluative mode. They pretty much know what they have with Salmon and maybe the want to take more of a look at Stone and McBeth right now. I have a feeling that the rest of this year is going to be more like extended spring training and Narron wasn't "the best guy" to deal with that situation. As the trades start to happen, I have a feeling the roster moves will start to resemble a game of musical chairs.

DannyB
07-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Sorry I just don't see Stanton making the bullpen any better.

BEETTLEBUG
07-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Stony has no options but Salmon does. No Stanton probabley won't help but!!!

realreds1
07-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Boo options moves!

But HOOORAY BEEER!

http://www.beerchurch.com/Portals/2/Chapter%20Images/burgerbraulabel.jpg

LvJ
07-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh goodness. :(

hebroncougar
07-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Stony has no options but Salmon does. No Stanton probabley won't help but!!!

Who in god's name would put in a wavier claim on Stone?

AmarilloRed
07-06-2007, 01:00 AM
I don't think they should have sent down our second-best reliever simply because the good reliever had options.