PDA

View Full Version : Thank-you Narron brothers

George Foster
07-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I will be the first one to admit that Jerry was not a major league manager, however we all have something to thank him and his brother for, and that is Josh Hamilton. Jerry worked with Josh on and individual basis the months of January and Feb., to get him as ready as they could for spring training. Jerry's brother is his "keeper" in Cincinnati and on the road. Now if Josh remains clean we have a "big time" center fielder for several years to come. Jerry might not have done a lot right in the dug out but he leaves a legacy of Josh Hamilton.

Thank-you Jerry for working hard in the winter with a fellow North Carolina boy, to help him overcome his demons and get him ready to give baseball another chance in his life.:thumbup: This will be what I remember years from now about Jerry Narron.

TheOnlyRedsFan
07-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Concur'd

Screwball
07-05-2007, 09:53 PM
This will be what I remember years from now about Jerry Narron.

I'll remember Jerry Narron pinch-hitting Juan Castro for said Josh Hamilton. :mooner:

dougflynn23
07-05-2007, 11:53 PM
:( Jerry Narron, like Dave Miley before him and Pete MacKanin after him are good organizational men. You need guys like that to make you a strong organization. They are simply not commander-in-chiefs. Dick LeBeau was the same way - a great assistant coach but not equipped to be "the guy". I'll credit Narron with Hamilton, playing Phillips every day, and having the cajones to move Junior to RF.

Orenda
07-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Dick LeBeau and his zone blitz schemes have been giving opposing offenses headaches for years. He is as sharp as a defensive mind as there is in football. Yes, he wasn't able to get it done as a head guy, but I don't think Narron is as close to a coach or attributed much to baseball to be compared with Lebeau. The only similarities they have are both shouldnt be head coaches and both give people headaches.