PDA

View Full Version : What's Up with Hamilton?

IrishDavidKY
07-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Josh Hamilton was called back to the dugout in the bottom of the third while standing in the On Deck Circle. On TV they showed him walking down the steps in to the clubhouse, but since then there has been no information.

Anything on radio? Elsewhere?

IrishDavidKY
07-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Josh Hamilton was called back to the dugout in the bottom of the third while standing in the On Deck Circle. On TV they showed him walking down the steps in to the clubhouse, but since then there has been no information.

UPDATE
Hamilton left the game with a sprained right wrist.

Redskinalum02
07-07-2007, 09:32 PM
According to Fay:

Reds center fielder Josh Hamilton came out of the game before batting in the third inning. He has a sprained right wrist. A cast will be placed on the wrist and Hamilton will be re-examined Thursday in New York by Reds medical director Dr. Timothy Kremchek.

Edwin Encarnacion batted in Hamilton's place and remained in the game at third base. Ryan Freel, who started at third base, moved to center field.

Hamilton reached base on an error by Diamondbacks shortstop Stephen Drew in the first inning.

LvJ
07-07-2007, 10:18 PM
If he is seriously hurt and has to take pain pills, then this is where it gets scary.

DntKnw
07-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Per Sportsline.com, they're putting his wrist in a cast through the AS break.

Maldez
07-07-2007, 10:48 PM
If he is seriously hurt and has to take pain pills, then this is where it gets scary.

Right. The mere sight of a pill will cause someone with a history of drug abuse to froth at the mouth and lose all control. We might as well write him off now.

DannyB
07-08-2007, 06:06 AM
Bet we see Hopper and Freel in the lineup today.........

LvJ
07-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Right. The mere sight of a pill will cause someone with a history of drug abuse to froth at the mouth and lose all control. We might as well write him off now. Hey, I have faith in him, and I know you were being sarcastic. I'm not saying it's all over, we lost him. But, I've lived through this my entire life and seen many family members struggle with addiction. I think Josh will be okay, but I know it'll be hard for him, I'm sure.

mole44
07-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Its just a sprained wrist. Sure he might miss a game or two, but as long as it doesnt need surgery then I really doubt he will need pain pills

LvJ
07-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Its just a sprained wrist. Sure he might miss a game or two, but as long as it doesnt need surgery then I really doubt he will need pain pills Yeah, he won't. I made the comment before I knew the injury. He should be ready to play again after the break.

AmarilloRed
07-10-2007, 11:52 PM
I have heard he could be placed on the DL after the break. Any chance that could happen, and we could be without him for a longer period of time.

reds44
07-11-2007, 12:22 AM
I have heard he could be placed on the DL after the break. Any chance that could happen, and we could be without him for a longer period of time.
I think it's more likely then not he goes on the DL. He's in a cast right now and is going to be examined Thursday.

Krawhitham
07-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Since they are waiting until Thursday to even examine his wrist it can not be too serious

reds44
07-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Since they are waiting until Thursday to even examine his wrist it can not be too serious
He's in a cast.

I'd say that's serious.

nate
07-11-2007, 07:16 AM
He's in a cast.

I'd say that's serious.

I think they just put the cast on because it was the best way to immobilize it for a few days. It could be serious but I don't think its because of the existence of a cast.

JLB5
07-11-2007, 07:58 AM
I think they just put the cast on because it was the best way to immobilize it for a few days. It could be serious but I don't think its because of the existence of a cast.

They gave him choice of cast or splint. He picked the cast because he knew he wouldn't leave the splint on. I will be re-examined tomorrow and they'll determine then if it has healed enough or he needs to go on the DL. He said it had been bothering him and finally "popped" on a warm up swing.

AmarilloRed
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
He has been a pivotal part of the team this year. I really hope he doesn't have to go on the DL.

Gizmo
07-12-2007, 11:46 AM
so what time today is his re-exam? :scared: Just wondering when we'll get some kind of update.

Krawhitham
07-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Also: Josh Hamilton was on the 7 Train to Shea with me. He's still in a cast. "I get off today," he said.

Az. Reds Fan
07-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Hamilton to the DL, according to Trent.

Roster move pending...

JLB5
07-12-2007, 04:40 PM

Roster move pending...

It wouldn't surprise me if they use it to recall Homer to pitch on his normal rest Tuesday.

nate
07-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Its Chad Moeller.

JLB5
07-12-2007, 04:56 PM

Roster move pending...

Its Chad Moeller.

Awww, booty!

AmarilloRed
07-13-2007, 01:05 AM
We will really miss his offense in the lineup.