PDA

View Full Version : Would it be better for the Reds to keep Homer at AAA?

AmarilloRed
07-08-2007, 03:59 PM
It seems that the consensus is that Homer is only getting time in around the All-Star break. I believe he will be back after the break, but should he. I have heard quite a few people say he should be in Louisville the rest of the year to work on his development and off-speed pitches. It is clear that AAA batters are no match for him, so that would be the only reason he would stay down there. If it would make him a better pitcher in the long term I would accept him in l
Louisville the rest of this year. Regardless, it is most likely he will be back up after the break, but I still think it would be an interesting discussion to have.

Degenerate39
07-08-2007, 04:16 PM
No hes doing fine in the Major League level. He's dominated AAA already let him get use to majors.

BucksandReds
07-08-2007, 04:17 PM
No. He's had two really good starts, 2 really bad ones and 2 in between. I bet that a run of those six starts is the worst that we will see from him. Bring him back. We'll win a few more games and he'll be ready to be a big dog next year.

captainmorgan07
07-08-2007, 04:20 PM
get him back here as soon as possible the experince he gets at the major league level is invaulable. He has conquered AAA theres nothing more for him to do there.

mole44
07-08-2007, 04:28 PM
I think it was stupid to send him down in the first place. a lil RnR never hurt anyone...especially a 21 year old arm

AmarilloRed
07-09-2007, 12:39 AM
That is basically my opinion as well. So you think he does not need to work on his off speed pitches in AAA? He has been plenty impressive in the majors, but it might help his long-run development to work on his off-speed pitches in AAA.

Topcat
07-11-2007, 12:01 AM
No hes doing fine in the Major League level. He's dominated AAA already let him get use to majors.

Leave Homer on the farm this season is a wash and thus developmentally speaking. leave the future ace down to work on his secondary pitches:thumbup:

AmarilloRed
07-11-2007, 12:14 AM
I suppose an argument could be made both ways. Leave him in AAA to work on his off-speed pitches, or get him the experience in the majors this year, and have him ready to be a significant contributor in 2008.

Degenerate39
07-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Leave Homer on the farm this season is a wash and thus developmentally speaking. leave the future ace down to work on his secondary pitches:thumbup:

Why not get him as much Major League experience as you can? Worked for the Tigers...

redsfanmia
07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Why not get him as much Major League experience as you can? Worked for the Tigers...

And the Braves of the late eighties/early ninties.

11larkin11
07-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Why work on your offspeed pitches against AAA hitters when you can do it against MLB hitters and it not really matter cuz your team is out of it.

George Anderson
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Homer will learn more by being with the Reds than with Louisville. He will no doubt have his down moments as all young pitchers will, but I think by being with the Reds and having veterans like Harang and Arroyo to help mentor him will be much more valuable than anything he can possibly learn in Louisville.

BucSappy
07-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Bailey is going to struggle before he gets better. The Reds organization brough up Bailey because he never really struggled at the minor league level. He has no challenge there.

I would rather Bailey put up an 8.00 ERA in the Bigs than not getting better at AAA. It's a learning process and it takes a while, especially for a pitcher that hasn't really been challenged.

AmarilloRed
07-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Bailey had a bad start in AAA tonight, and got pounded by AAA hitters. It sound like his head wasn't in the game, and he was upset about being demoted. I think we can safely say he was challenged tonight, and may need to spend a lot more time in AAA.