PDA

View Full Version : 2007 State Farm Home Run Derby

reds44
07-09-2007, 02:42 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/mlb/images/events/all_star/y2007/hdr_hrd_581.gif

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/cabsdeeptoleft/att.jpg

MLB.com has some cool derby features (http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2007/hr_derby.jsp)

The Field:
National League
Matt Holliday 15 Hrs
Ryan Howard 21 Hrs
Prince Fielder 29 Hrs
Albert Pujols 14Hrs

American League
Alex Rios 15Hrs
Justin Morneau 23Hrs
Vladdy Guerrero 14 Hrs
Magglio Ordonez 13Hrs

jfleur87
07-09-2007, 02:56 PM
I've got to believe that the winner comes from the NL, and I hope someone lands one in the glove

keeganbrick
07-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I really dont see a LH winning this even though on bodog they have the favorites as Fielder and Howard. I think Vlad pulls this one out.

jimbo
07-09-2007, 03:33 PM
There's a whiffleball field there? Now that would be fun.

redsfan1966
07-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Let me defend the HR Derby....I have heard a lot of anti-derby talk lately...especially on talk radio...I enjoy the derby and look forward to tonite's event and even looking forward to "The Bronx is Burning" afterward..

mroby85
07-09-2007, 05:11 PM
the derby is great, but the lineup sucks, it's turning into what the dunk contest has when u don't really have your superstars performing.

no griffey, no bonds, no papi.

Chi-Town Red
07-09-2007, 06:50 PM
wonder if Dunn could hit one over the glove?

Shaknb8k
07-09-2007, 06:50 PM
the derby is great, but the lineup sucks, it's turning into what the dunk contest has when u don't really have your superstars performing.

no griffey, no bonds, no papi.

the line up sucks? Ill give you those big three guys not in it but come on Fielder, Vlad, Howard, Magglio, Morneau, Holliday, Rios and Pujols is one heck of a lineup. It sucks Cabrera got hurt cause he would have made it even better. I cant wait for it to start. Its 10 times better than the dunk contest. Ill be pulling for Fielder but it doesnt matter to me who wins cause i think its going to be an awsome night. The HR Derby is a great way to get the Allstar break started off.

mroby85
07-09-2007, 06:54 PM
the line up sucks? Ill give you those big three guys not in it but come on Fielder, Vlad, Howard, Magglio, Morneau, Holliday, Rios and Pujols is one heck of a lineup. It sucks Cabrera got hurt cause he would have made it even better. I cant wait for it to start. Its 10 times better than the dunk contest. Ill be pulling for Fielder but it doesnt matter to me who wins cause i think its going to be an awsome night. The HR Derby is a great way to get the Allstar break started off.

i love it, i'm not saying that, but i think holliday and magglio are a little questionable for derby candidates if you ask me. what does holliday have 50 career home runs and only 15 this year? they could do better is all i'm saying. and magglio isn't really a guy that is fun to watch.

Shaknb8k
07-09-2007, 06:58 PM
i love it, i'm not saying that, but i think holliday and magglio are a little questionable for derby candidates if you ask me. what does holliday have 50 career home runs and only 15 this year? they could do better is all i'm saying. and magglio isn't really a guy that is fun to watch.

Holliday was a desperation pick cause of Cabrera. As of early this morning they still needed a player. Sizemore turned it down cause it was short notice. Magglio is having a good year so i understand him. Yeah there are definatly better players but because of the curcumstances (Magglio's good year/ Cabrera's Injury) ill let those two guys slide because of the great list of other players.

jimbo
07-09-2007, 07:09 PM
As much as I am against the use of steroids or any other kind of performance enhancing drugs, I have to admit that the home run derbies during the steroids era were much more fun to watch that nowadays. Some of the shows that McGwire and Sosa put on were quite memorable.

Chi-Town Red
07-09-2007, 07:28 PM
i love it, i'm not saying that, but i think holliday and magglio are a little questionable for derby candidates if you ask me. what does holliday have 50 career home runs and only 15 this year? they could do better is all i'm saying. and magglio isn't really a guy that is fun to watch.it depends on who says yes...Junior turned it down,along with Bonds

captainmorgan07
07-09-2007, 07:57 PM
my sleeper pick to win Alex Rios of the Blue Jays

keeganbrick
07-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Cmon Vlad I got $10 on him, 6/1 odds.

Vada Pinson Fan
07-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I think Prince Fielder has a good shot at winning the Derby. Right now player introductions are occuring as I type this. Chris Berman is fun to watch and listen to at Home Run Derby!!! ...and baseball in general!!! The man has talent!!!

redsman12
07-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Albert "Winnie The" Pujols is a pretty lame nickname if you ask me! My money is on Prince.

Chi-Town Red
07-09-2007, 08:43 PM
i want to see Prince nail some....anyone read the article in SI where he hit a ball into the upper deck in Tiger stadium when he was 12?

keeganbrick
07-09-2007, 11:00 PM
TY and Congrats Vlad.

captainmorgan07
07-09-2007, 11:03 PM
rios put on a pretty good show also along with pujols. took um a few rounds to get warmed up.

mroby85
07-10-2007, 12:07 AM
pujols was annoying i thought, he was taking forever at the end acting like it was the world series or something. vlad was the most fun to watch in my opinion, he just hits rocket shots. wouldn't mind seein that guy sportin the C.

Ahhhorsepoo
07-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Worst Homerun Derby I can remember.. BORING..

redsfan1966
07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
c'mon....the second round was entertaining...I liked the derby with the exception of ESPN feeling they had to go back to Bristol to get the Baseball Tonite crew's thoughts...not enough to profile at AT&T park itself???

Degenerate39
07-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Worst Homerun Derby I can remember.. BORING..

I agree I don't know what it was about it.

Chi-Town Red
07-10-2007, 08:45 PM
geez it only took what 3 hours ?...good god

Ahhhorsepoo
07-10-2007, 10:45 PM
My problem is that the majority of BIG NAME sluggers, were not in it at all.. Guerrero, and Pujols, and an arguement could be made for Howard.. but with no Bonds, Griffey, Big Papi, Man Ram, Dunn, Even Sheffield, there was a massive lack of star power, and with the total of what 11 homers hit in the first round, most people turned it off..

by the way was anyone else laughing at all those kayaking fools who showed up to get NOTHING in the bay that mattered?