PDA

View Full Version : Victor Zambrano Released...

ED44
07-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Once traded to the Mets for Kazmir...how's that trade looking Mets?

If only the Reds could pull one off like that for Lohse! :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7007676

Degenerate39
07-09-2007, 11:51 PM
I was going to post this but for the thread title I was going to put: Zambrano Released.

uoduck1017
07-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Well, Scott Kazmir has really struggled the first half of this year. However, that trade was a disaster for the Mets and probably made teams a little more hesitant to deal their top prospects.

mole44
07-10-2007, 04:16 PM
worst. trade. ever.

Jr's Boy
07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
worst. trade. ever.

Cough..Cough...Paul Oneil,Frank Robinson.

redsfanmia
07-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Cough..Cough...Paul Oneil,Frank Robinson.

Frank Robinson yes, Paul O'Neill not even close.

big boy
07-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Paul O'Neill not even close.

You're saying the O'Neill for Kelly trade was not worse? O'Neill won a batting title and was a key component of the world series teams. Kazmir has yet to win more than 10 games in a season.

nate
07-10-2007, 07:42 PM
You're saying the O'Neill for Kelly trade was not worse? O'Neill won a batting title and was a key component of the world series teams. Kazmir has yet to win more than 10 games in a season.

"Was the O'Neill for Kelly trade worse than Zambrano for Kazmir?"

I'd have to say...no.

Unless you look at it this way:

Roberto Kelly
November 3, 1992: Traded by the New York Yankees to the Cincinnati Reds for Paul O'Neill and Joe DeBerry (minors).

May 29, 1994: Traded by the Cincinnati Reds with Roger Etheridge (minors) to the Atlanta Braves for Deion Sanders.

Deion Sanders
July 21, 1995: Traded by the Cincinnati Reds with David McCarty, Ricky Pickett, John Roper, and Scott Service to the San Francisco Giants for Mark Portugal, Darren Lewis, and Dave Burba.

Dave Burba
March 30, 1998: Traded by the Cincinnati Reds to the Cleveland Indians for Sean Casey.

Sean Casey
December 8, 2005: Traded by the Cincinnati Reds with cash to the Pittsburgh Pirates for Dave Williams.

Dave Williams.

Oh, nm.

WMR
07-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Put Kazmir on a different team, and I think you'd be singing a different tune.

BLEEDS
07-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Didn't Pete Rose once get traded to us for Tom Lawless?!?!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

redsfanmia
07-11-2007, 03:22 PM

O'Neill would never have won a batting title in Cincinnati, the Reds wanted him to be a power hitter he never would have been the same player in Cincinnati as he was for the Yankees. I dont now nor never have thought that was a bad trade, it was great for Paul and honestly Roberto Kelly was really good for the Reds for about a year and a half.

JLB5
07-11-2007, 03:45 PM
O'Neill would never have won a batting title in Cincinnati, the Reds wanted him to be a power hitter he never would have been the same player in Cincinnati as he was for the Yankees. I dont now nor never have thought that was a bad trade, it was great for Paul and honestly Roberto Kelly was really good for the Reds for about a year and a half.

Hmph, alot of fans around here want Edwin to be a power hitter. Maybe they'll trade him to the Yanks for some stiff and he'll win a batting title and a few rings there too.

mole44
07-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Hmph, alot of fans around here want Edwin to be a power hitter. Maybe they'll trade him to the Yanks for some stiff and he'll win a batting title and a few rings there too.

Please god, no!