PDA

View Full Version : Does Livingston's good performance keep Bailey in Louisville a while longer?

bounty37h
07-18-2007, 02:12 PM
So, Bailey got another loss yesterday for L-ville vs the Durham Bulls 10-2 (who hit him pretty well before his promotion as well). With Livingstons good performance the other day, does that earn him staying time while Bailey stays down to work on some things?

TheOnlyRedsFan
07-18-2007, 02:16 PM
probably

redsfanmia
07-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Homer Bailey = Scott Scudder:(

Grounds_Crew
07-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I havent heard the name Scot Scudder in a long, LONG time.

JLB5
07-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Homer Bailey = Scott Scudder:(

I wouldn't go there just yet.

AmarilloRed
07-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Homer Bailey would have to totally tank to approach Scott Scudder.

ChatterRed
07-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Send EE and Homer to Florida for Cabrera while he's still worth something.

AmarilloRed
07-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Until Homer starts pitching well in Louisville, it is unlikely we will see him in Cincinnati.

wojo1025
07-19-2007, 11:34 PM
ORG Reports that Homer is on the DL. Groin injury.

***sidenote***

Anyone else think Homer looks exactly like Christian Bale? Or is it just me?

uoduck1017
07-20-2007, 12:12 AM

***sidenote***

I was thinking this the other day after watching The Prestige. They look pretty similar to me...

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_456701.jpghttp://images.askmen.com/men/entertainment_150/pictures_150/christian_bale/christian_bale_150.jpg

AmarilloRed
07-20-2007, 01:20 AM
He will be here a little longer; at least till Bailey comes off the DL and maybe longer. It all depends on how Bailey and Livingston pitch in the future.

AmarilloRed
07-22-2007, 01:18 AM
6 IP, 3 ER tonight. He will force Lohse out of town at this point, and might even make some Reds fans temporarily forget about Homer Bailey until next year. I am almost serious about that last point.:laugh:

improbus
07-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Livingston should stay, but he is just another soft tossing lefty in a long tradition of soft tossing lefties. One of these days, the Reds will get a lefty who can throw over 90 mph. Look at this list:

Bobby Livingston
Eric Milton
Brandon Claussen
Dave Williams
Chris Michalak
Jimmy Anderson
Bruce Chen
Lance Davis

These are our left handed starters since 2001. Yikes!

Degenerate39
07-22-2007, 08:36 AM

***sidenote***

I've brought this up when Homer was first called up.

Chi-Town Red
07-22-2007, 10:30 AM
get Homer healthy keep him in AAA for the rest of the year

Maldez
07-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Livingston should stay, but he is just another soft tossing lefty in a long tradition of soft tossing lefties. ......

Doesn't throw that hard, but looks like he knows how to pitch. Really moves the ball around well.

AmarilloRed
07-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Livingston should stay, but he is just another soft tossing lefty in a long tradition of soft tossing lefties. One of these days, the Reds will get a lefty who can throw over 90 mph. Look at this list:

Bobby Livingston
Eric Milton
Brandon Claussen
Dave Williams
Chris Michalak
Jimmy Anderson
Bruce Chen
Lance Davis

He is the only one on this list who can pitch. If you can pitch, you will stay in the majors.

Chi-Town Red
07-22-2007, 03:18 PM
He is the only one on this list who can pitch. If you can pitch, you will stay in the majors. agreed :thumbup:

AmarilloRed
07-27-2007, 01:40 AM
6 IP, 3 er tonight. If he can continue to sustain this over the rest of the year; he will have a spot in the Reds rotation next year.

durl
07-27-2007, 09:07 AM
I think Livingston is up to stay for awhile. He seems pretty composed on the mound. Like Amarillo said, he pitches well even though he doesn't have overpowering stuff. Harang isn't exactly overpowering, either, but he sure gets the job done.

I wonder if staying in Louisville for awhile might be good for Bailey. Fans got to see him, he got some big league experience, and now he knows what he needs to work on. Plus it might make him hungry to get back up to Cincy.

eastkyred
07-27-2007, 09:34 AM
I think Harang is considerably more overpowering than Livingston, but your talking about a legit #1 vs. what is starting to look like a really good back end of the rotation starter in livingston. He has a different ceiling than Harang, but he is a fighter and he throws strikes. Harang gets his fastball up to 93 or 94. Being 6'7", I would say a 93, 94 mph fastball can be overpowering.

larryboy
07-27-2007, 11:03 AM
I like Livingston going back to his days in the Seattle org. He's a nice guy, who can be "crafty" and has a good understanding of the game but he does not block Bailey. Livingston's ceiling is that of a 4 or 5 starter. Bailey has a much higher ceiling. He will get his time up here as his command improves. No matter how well Livingston pitches, if Bailey matures a bit with his command he will eventual jump pass Livingston. Bailey's sole issue is maturing, improving his command and learning how to reach his ceiling. He reaches his ceiling guys like Livingston will not be competition but a lot guys with high ceilings never reach it. Bailey will determine Bailey's future.

jmac
07-27-2007, 11:23 AM

Bobby Livingston
Eric Milton
Brandon Claussen
Dave Williams
Chris Michalak
Jimmy Anderson
Bruce Chen
Lance Davis

Ya never know, one day we might find the next Tom Browning. He didnt exactly throw 96.

durl
07-27-2007, 11:23 AM
I think Harang is considerably more overpowering than Livingston, but your talking about a legit #1 vs. what is starting to look like a really good back end of the rotation starter in livingston. He has a different ceiling than Harang, but he is a fighter and he throws strikes. Harang gets his fastball up to 93 or 94. Being 6'7", I would say a 93, 94 mph fastball can be overpowering.

Good points. Harang's presence does add a bit. He probably wasn't the best example to use.

Muggerd
07-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Doesn't throw that hard, but looks like he knows how to pitch. Really moves the ball around well.

He gets players to make contact but not solid contact. I like that a lot about him. Its going on a few starts and hes not giving up many hard hit balls.

shredda2000
07-27-2007, 11:34 AM
He gets players to make contact but not solid contact. I like that a lot about him. Its going on a few starts and hes not giving up many hard hit balls.

If Livingston continues to pitch well, I would use his pitching style as a template to sign/draft future starting pitchers.

Muggerd
07-27-2007, 11:39 AM
If Livingston continues to pitch well, I would use his pitching style as a template to sign/draft future starting pitchers.

I dont know about that but for this team getting ground balls isnt the worst thing imaginable.

AmarilloRed
08-11-2007, 06:31 PM
8 1/3 innings, 3 earned runs. Livingston pitched one heck of a game today, and he only gave up the 2 run Hr because the manager kept him in too long. He now is 3-2 with an era of 4.24, and I want him to stay in the Reds rotation for the forseeable future. At least as long as he keeps giving us quality starts.

Muggerd
08-11-2007, 06:34 PM
8 1/3 innings, 3 earned runs. Livingston pitched one heck of a game today, and he only gave up the 2 run Hr because the manager kept him in too long. He now is 3-2 with an era of 4.24, and I want him to stay in the Reds rotation for the forseeable future. At least as long as he keeps giving us quality starts.

Agreed! I think the main part of his game is he has a good head on his shoulders. Seems to brush things off really easy and not let it screw with him.

He did a great job today.

Blue
08-11-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm worried that Homer isn't going to pitch for the rest of the season. He went on the DL, then to Texas to tend to personal business.

AmarilloRed
08-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm worried that Homer isn't going to pitch for the rest of the season. He went on the DL, then to Texas to tend to personal business.

I believe someone else on the Sun Deck posted to me that he was no longer in Texas, and had rejoined Louisville. I could be wrong about that though. As for Livingston, the thing that impressed me most was how long he went in the game. I could be wrong, but I don't think he had gone 7 innings before tonight.

Muggerd
08-11-2007, 10:29 PM
I believe someone else on the Sun Deck posted to me that he was no longer in Texas, and had rejoined Louisville. I could be wrong about that though. As for Livingston, the thing that impressed me most was how long he went in the game. I could be wrong, but I don't think he had gone 7 innings before tonight.

he went 7 2/3s for the reds earlier this year.

AmarilloRed
08-11-2007, 11:52 PM
I always believed he was a standard 5-6 inning 5th starter, but it seems Livingston has the potential to be a 3rd or 4th starter. Of course, he will need to continue his good pitching. I remember how Belisle started out strong in April, and he was just sent down.

redsfanmia
08-12-2007, 08:49 AM
I always believed he was a standard 5-6 inning 5th starter, but it seems Livingston has the potential to be a 3rd or 4th starter. Of course, he will need to continue his good pitching. I remember how Belisle started out strong in April, and he was just sent down.

He is a 5 starter but the guy competes with the best of them, I like him alot. I think the Reds starting staff with the addtion of one guy next year could be one of the best in the NL. Harang, Arroyyo, FA, Bailey and Livingston.

Muggerd
08-12-2007, 08:52 AM
He is a 5 starter but the guy competes with the best of them, I like him alot. I think the Reds starting staff with the addtion of one guy next year could be one of the best in the NL. Harang, Arroyyo, FA, Bailey and Livingston.

Zambrano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for so many reasons :D. 20 year contract sign him up:thumbup:

KeyMastur
08-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I believe someone else on the Sun Deck posted to me that he was no longer in Texas, and had rejoined Louisville. I could be wrong about that though.

you are :) [wrong that is]

Grande Donkey
08-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Do you have any idea how much longer it will be?

bebo03
08-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know the extent of his injury? He has not pitched in a month!

jmac
08-12-2007, 02:46 PM
and Cueto waiting in the wings !

AmarilloRed
08-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Reds.com says that Bailey is headed to Sarasota for a throwing program. THERE IS NO TIMETABLE FOR HIS RETURN.

joeredleg
08-21-2007, 12:10 PM
What the heck happened to Homer Bailey? Did he fall in the bottomless tunnel with Ozzie Smith on the Simpson's?

podgejeff_
08-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Excellent reference.

Hey Meat
08-21-2007, 01:42 PM
What the heck happened to Homer Bailey? Did he fall in the bottomless tunnel with Ozzie Smith on the Simpson's?

I don't know, but I think Dumatrait should pay the bottomless tunnel a visit. Belisle isn't near that bad.

Screwball
08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
What the heck happened to Homer Bailey?

I'm pretty sure he's still recovering from his pulled groin he suffered a few weeks ago in Louisville. I could be wrong, but I think he's due to return to pitching in AAA soon.

Muggerd
08-21-2007, 03:05 PM
We need another amazing start from Bobby tonight

redsupport
08-21-2007, 04:03 PM
livingston good performance? how about almost two hits/per inning, does that constitute a good performance, I guess compared with stanton, coffey, guardado, dumatrait, livingston looks like warren spahn

AmarilloRed
08-21-2007, 06:10 PM
He has been hit hard, but he has managed to strand baserunners. He had a pretty good ERA before his last start. I am hoping he does well tonight.

Muggerd
08-21-2007, 06:15 PM
He has been hit hard, but he has managed to strand baserunners. He had a pretty good ERA before his last start. I am hoping he does well tonight.

The fact that he is only walking 1 batter a game gives me hope he is a solid enough to be in the rotation

Muggerd
08-21-2007, 06:17 PM
livingston good performance? how about almost two hits/per inning, does that constitute a good performance, I guess compared with stanton, coffey, guardado, dumatrait, livingston looks like warren spahn

Do you know what Livingstons stats are?

51.2 ip 67 hits and 8 walks. How is that almost 2 hits per inning?

AmarilloRed
08-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Tonight's start will not help Livingston. I would expect we will see Bailey as soon as he is healthy.

BLEEDS
08-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Do you know what Livingstons stats are?

51.2 ip 67 hits and 8 walks. How is that almost 2 hits per inning?

My quick math skills (Iowa schooling) shows me that is pretty darn close to a 1.5 WHIP. Not exactly lighting the world on fire....

However, at least he's not Dumatrait...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

jmac
08-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Tonight's start will not help Livingston. I would expect we will see Bailey as soon as he is healthy.

In Livingston's defense, he faced a pretty good lineup tonight.
Course there is several good lineups in the NL !

Muggerd
08-22-2007, 04:53 AM
Livingston should have only given up like 4 runs tonight but Dunn cant bend over and Jorgensen cant catch.

He wasnt throwing amazing but with some defensive help he could have went longer.

Screwball
08-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Livingston should have only given up like 4 runs tonight but Dunn cant bend over and Jorgensen cant catch.

He wasnt throwing amazing but with some defensive help he could have went longer.

That's the thing about Livingston. He's never going to be a strikeout pitcher, so he's going to need solid defense behind him to be effective.

Anybody who's watched the Reds the last few years probably wouldn't choose the word "solid" to describe the defense. In fact, antonyms of solid seem to come to mind.

AmarilloRed
08-22-2007, 05:02 PM
I noticed in the interview Krivsky talked about sending down Livingston. I notice he is still on the 25 man roster, so maybe he is talking about a move he has already made the decision on , but has yet to make the move. Wayne also said that Bailey will pitch in a Sarosta game on the 24th.