PDA

View Full Version : Dunn to Brewers RUMOR

cincy jacket
07-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Lance has a rumor on his page about Dunn being sent to the Brewers. Only thing worse than losing Dunn is facing him against our staff 19 times a year.

reds44
07-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Rumors heard
The big rumor going around MLB is Dunn to the Brewers for Matt Wise, Tony Gwynn Jr., and some hot infield prospect.

It depends who the infield prospect is. I'd love to get Tony Gwynn Jr, he's the CF I've been looking for. Wise is whatever.

It depends who the prospect is.

howyoufreelin
07-18-2007, 04:21 PM
It depends who the infield prospect is. I'd love to get Tony Gwynn Jr, he's the CF I've been looking for. Wise is whatever.

It depends who the prospect is.

Uh, Josh Hamilton?

reds44
07-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Uh, Josh Hamilton?
He's not a CFer. He's more of a RFer.

howyoufreelin
07-18-2007, 04:31 PM
He's not a CFer. He's more of a RFer.

How so? Not trying to start an argument or anything, but I think he has plenty of speed to cover center. And he definately has the arm.

reds44
07-18-2007, 04:34 PM
How so? Not trying to start an argument or anything, but I think he has plenty of speed to cover center. And he definately has the arm.
He's not the best at getting reeds of the bat, which causes him to lack range. He can play CF, but his ideally a RF.

Plus you normally want your best arm in RF to stop runners from going 1st to 3rd.

Ahhhorsepoo
07-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't care what it is for, if it is a defensive upgrade in the outfield.. plus he will hit about 300 or so and steal 30 bases a year.. I am all for this trade.. Then they can go after a real time 3b and 4-5 starter in the off season..

mole44
07-18-2007, 04:40 PM
is it just me or does that seem like we're ripping off the brewers?

reds44
07-18-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't care what it is for, if it is a defensive upgrade in the outfield.. plus he will hit about 300 or so and steal 30 bases a year.. I am all for this trade.. Then they can go after a real time 3b and 4-5 starter in the off season..
What tells you Gwynn will hit .300?

Degenerate39
07-18-2007, 04:47 PM
What tells you Gwynn will hit .300?

If this trade is true I hope he'll take a few pages out of his dad's book

jmble
07-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Not to add to anything about this rumor, but why did Dunn come out of the game? Was it a double switch? Defensive replacement? Or we've got a trade on the table and don't want to get him hurt.

Just curious. I haven't been listening. Just checked out the box score.

howyoufreelin
07-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Not to add to anything about this rumor, but why did Dunn come out of the game? Was it a double switch? Defensive replacement? Or we've got a trade on the table and don't want to get him hurt.

Just curious. I haven't been listening. Just checked out the box score.

Defensive replacement, I presume.

Krawhitham
07-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Defensive replacement

reds44
07-18-2007, 06:10 PM
You could add the infield prospect in here depending who it is, but

Gwynn CF
Encarnacion 3B
Griffey RF
Phillips 2B
Votto LF
Hatteberg 1B (until he gets traded, then Votto goes back to 1B)
Gonzalez SS
Ross C

AmarilloRed
07-18-2007, 06:21 PM
What makes you think this rumor is any more real than the other 10,000 Dunn trade rumors?:D

ChatterRed
07-18-2007, 06:29 PM
I was all for trading Adam Dunn up until the past few weeks. Now the idea is making me sick.

BearcatShane
07-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Ryan Braun? I can't imagine the Brewers would trade him in a package for Dunn but he's really their only "hot" infield prospect that I know of.

Chi-Town Red
07-18-2007, 07:00 PM
no way they are trading Braun...where are the Brewers going to play Jenkins if they get Dunn?..

reds44
07-18-2007, 07:21 PM
no way they are trading Braun...where are the Brewers going to play Jenkins if they get Dunn?..
They could put Jenkins back in RF, Hart in CF, Dunn in LF and Hall back at 2B for the benched Rickie Weeks.

Maybe Weeks is the guy we would get back?

Fil3232
07-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Any Dunn to Milwaukee trade must require Gallardo as far as I'm concerned.

uoduck1017
07-18-2007, 08:01 PM
is it just me or does that seem like we're ripping off the brewers?

I believe the Brewers would actually be ripping us off. I do not want to see any reliever in a Dunn trade besides the likes of K-Rod or Putz. Hey, if it's Ryan Braun in that trade, I'm all for it, but I don't think that original offer is enough.

redsfanmia
07-18-2007, 08:05 PM
I believe the Brewers would actually be ripping us off. I do not want to see any reliever in a Dunn trade besides the likes of K-Rod or Putz. Hey, if it's Ryan Braun in that trade, I'm all for it, but I don't think that original offer is enough.

Your opinion of Dunn is a little high IMO.

uoduck1017
07-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Your opinion of Dunn is a little high IMO.

I just believe we would be taking a step back if a reliever were in a trade for Dunn. The Reds should look to receive good SP or hitting prospects or a combination, but definately not a RP.

Chi-Town Red
07-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Any Dunn to Milwaukee trade must require Gallardo as far as I'm concerned.that wont happen either

BearcatShane
07-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Wise, Gwynn, and Weeks is probably what the rumor is. Is that fair? Where would we play Weeks? Maybe we could then trade Gonzo and have even more money in the offseason and move Phillips to short. Just a thought.

BearcatShane
07-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Any Dunn to Milwaukee trade must require Gallardo as far as I'm concerned.

Would you trade Homer Bailey for 3 months of Adam Dunn? Gallardo is the Brewers version of Homer Bailey.

reds44
07-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Wise, Gwynn, and Weeks is probably what the rumor is. Is that fair? Where would we play Weeks? Maybe we could then trade Gonzo and have even more money in the offseason and move Phillips to short. Just a thought.
Yeah I am watching the Brewers and it dawned on me that Weeks, wh is in Yost's doghouse right now, is probably the infielder involved in the deal. They would probably move Hall back to 2nd, Hart to CF, Jenkins to RF, and Dunn to LF.

I honestly have no idea how they would get Weeks playing time here though. You figure Gwynn would be in CF, Griffey in RF, and Hamilton in LF, so moving him to the OF won't be fesable. Unless they plan on trading Edwin (certainly possible) and move Weeks to 3rd, but I don't know.

I would love for you cenario to play out and move BP to SS, but from what I read Gonzalez isn't going anywhere.

I guess you just make room for guys like Weeks. Him not having a position on our team right now wouldn't stop me for trading for him.

reds44
07-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Edwin: .261/.342/.373
Weeks: .217/.323/.383

Nah, forgot about Weeks guys. We have Jeff Keppinger! :rolleyes:

BucksandReds
07-18-2007, 09:29 PM
If you havn't realized it we aren't getting sh*t for DUnn and for three months he is probably only worth 1 top 50 MLB prospect. I Dunn won't sign with us a 4 year 48 milion dollar contract or less we need to let him go to free agency and get a high draft pick or trade him at this time next year for the best available player. He's not worth 13 million or more every year and he's still worth 1 year at 13 mil with our options available next year rather than trading him for a borderline prospect this year. By July of next year we'll know where Bruce and Votto stand better and we'll know better what our weeknesses are. If were going to trade him for nothing lets give him to Cleveland so they have a better chance to win the WOrld Series. Heck, we have no chance so I'd like to see them win it all.

ChatterRed
07-18-2007, 09:43 PM
The idea of trading Dunn for Weeks, Gwynn and Wise makes me sick. Wise is probably the best of the deal and his a bullpen guy (which we need, but not that badly). Weeks and Gwynn are like throw-ins. Gwynn has no power (like his dad) and his average has dipped into the .280's. Weeks has had like 2 hits in his last 12 games total.

I'd keep Dunn if that's all we could get for him.

Trade him straight up for Ryan Braun. (yeah, like they'd go for that)

reds44
07-18-2007, 09:57 PM
The idea of trading Dunn for Weeks, Gwynn and Wise makes me sick. Wise is probably the best of the deal and his a bullpen guy (which we need, but not that badly). Weeks and Gwynn are like throw-ins. Gwynn has no power (like his dad) and his average has dipped into the .280's. Weeks has had like 2 hits in his last 12 games total.

I'd keep Dunn if that's all we could get for him.

Trade him straight up for Ryan Braun. (yeah, like they'd go for that)
What are you expecting to get for him? You're not going to get a Top 10 prospect for him, it's just not going to happen. In this year, you get Weeks who was a top prospect, but is struggling right now (yeah, that doesn't sound familar) and Gwynn who are both very young, have potential, and can step in and play for right away. Wise helps an awful bullpen out.

AmarilloRed
07-18-2007, 10:05 PM
If we don't get a good deal for Dunn then just pick up his option. I am tired of getting junk trade offers for our best players.

BearcatShane
07-18-2007, 10:10 PM
If we pick up his option we won't be able to improve as much as we'd like this offseason.

AmarilloRed
07-18-2007, 10:26 PM
If we don't get anything in the trade we won't improve anyway. I would rather keep a proven player than receive more marginal prospects.

BearcatShane
07-18-2007, 10:38 PM
I'll take prospects and 13 million. I would not do the Milwaukee deal though because from the players we've seen mentioned, there are no prospects. Honestly, I know we need bullpen help but I'd like a decent starting pitching prospect.

AmarilloRed
07-18-2007, 11:02 PM
It doesn't sound like the other teams are willing to even give us decent prospects.

Blue
07-18-2007, 11:12 PM
If Rickie Weeks gets healthy, I think he could really produce. Wise is a pretty good reliever, a guy who would improve our pen, but not a lot. Gwynn, Jr.? Haven't seen him play, but he's not even a Top 10 prospect for the Brewers.

BucSappy
07-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Keeping Dunn in this lineup and on our roster hurts this team.

Trading Dunn for prospects give us upside in our farm system and improves this team by subtraction. He simply does nothing to help this team win ball games.

BucSappy
07-18-2007, 11:15 PM
If we don't get anything in the trade we won't improve anyway. I would rather keep a proven player than receive more marginal prospects.

What has he proven? He can hit home runs...whoopey doo. He doesn't get base hits with RISP and he is an easy out for opposing pitchers. Adam Dunn is a black hole in this lineup except for the 1 out of 20 times he hits a home run.

mound_patrol
07-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Keeping Dunn in this lineup and on our roster hurts this team.

Trading Dunn for prospects give us upside in our farm system and improves this team by subtraction. He simply does nothing to help this team win ball games.

He gets on base more than anybody on the team. He is second on the team in RBIs and hes second in the NL in homeruns....but you're right he does nothing to help the team...that two run homerun today was a mirage...didnt happen...what a joke

reds44
07-18-2007, 11:37 PM
He gets on base more than anybody on the team. He is second on the team in RBIs and hes second in the NL in homeruns....but you're right he does nothing to help the team...that two run homerun today was a mirage...didnt happen...what a joke
Not that I am agreeing with BucSappy, but Hatteberg and Griffey get on base more then Dunn does.

Look, there are advantages to dealing Dunn and advantages to keeping him.

I think a deal in which you get a VERY talented, young 2nd baseman, a young CFer who is major league ready, and a solid reliever, all of whom are cheap, is a deal I would do.

Phillips, Weeks, Hamilton, and Encarnacion is a solid, young nucleus of offensive players who are all cheap. Gwynn is probably a step below those 4, but he plays great defense in CF, can steal a base for you, and has potential to hit for a high average at the ML level. Again, he is cheap also.

Then you have Votto and Bruce on the horizon also.

Then, you open up a whole lot of money to spend in the offseason, AND you have the option of trading Griffey for pitching next year at this time.

mound_patrol
07-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Not that I am agreeing with BucSappy, but Hatteberg and Griffey get on base more then Dunn does.

Look, there are advantages to dealing Dunn and advantages to keeping him.

I think a deal in which you get a VERY talented, young 2nd baseman, a young CFer who is major league ready, and a solid reliever, all of whom are cheap, is a deal I would do.

Phillips, Weeks, Hamilton, and Encarnacion is a solid, young nucleus of offensive players who are all cheap. Gwynn is probably a step below those 4, but he plays great defense in CF, can steal a base for you, and has potential to hit for a high average at the ML level. Again, he is cheap also.

Then you have Votto and Bruce on the horizon also.

Then, you open up a whole lot of money to spend in the offseason, AND you have the option of trading Griffey for pitching next year at this time.

Why do we have to get rid of Dunn. Jr is the older of the two. I know Jr is the love child of Cincinnati but hes at the end of his career. I'd rather see Dunn, Hamilton, and Bruce the next 4-6 years. We could sign Dunn to a 4 year 55-60 million deal and that wouldn't cripple the Reds with the production he brings.

Fil3232
07-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Would you trade Homer Bailey for 3 months of Adam Dunn? Gallardo is the Brewers version of Homer Bailey.

In two words? Hell yeah. Dunn is a type of player that can get the Brewers over the top and into the World Series. I think Brewers fans (any fans) care more about winning than hording prospects. Simply put, especially seeing Bailey's struggles, I would trade Bailey for a run in the postseason, just like I would trade BJ Ryan all over again for Juan Guzman.

To those who think that Dunn should be given away to simply free up money, remember who will be spending that money this offseason. The same man who brought you Stanton, Moeller, Cormier, Castro, etc. :rolleyes:

Dunn either needs to be moved for pieces that will absolutely help the Reds, or be kept for next year.

reds44
07-18-2007, 11:56 PM
In two words? Hell yeah. Dunn is a type of player that can get the Brewers over the top and into the World Series. I think Brewers fans (any fans) care more about winning than hording prospects. Simply put, especially seeing Bailey's struggles, I would trade Bailey for a run in the postseason, just like I would trade BJ Ryan all over again for Juan Guzman.

To those who think that Dunn should be given away to simply free up money, remember who will be spending that money this offseason. The same man who brought you Stanton, Moeller, Cormier, Castro, etc. :rolleyes:

Dunn either needs to be moved for pieces that will absolutely help the Reds, or be kept for next year.
There's a difference between Homer and Gollardo. Gollardo is helping the Brewers win, RIGHT NOW.

With Sheets going on the DL with his injury, Golardo is going back into the starting rotation. Gollardo goes to the hill for them tomorrow, where he is 1-1 with a 2.86 ERA.

There is no way the deal Gollardo for Dunn.

reds44
07-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Why do we have to get rid of Dunn. Jr is the older of the two. I know Jr is the love child of Cincinnati but hes at the end of his career. I'd rather see Dunn, Hamilton, and Bruce the next 4-6 years. We could sign Dunn to a 4 year 55-60 million deal and that wouldn't cripple the Reds with the production he brings.
Krivsky is not going to sign Dunn. There is no chance. Griffey isn't going to get traded this year because he is on the verge of 600 homers and is the Reds only draw. Next year he, similar to Dunn this year, has an option or he can walk. At this time next year Griffey will be the one on the block.

REDblooded
07-19-2007, 12:01 AM
LOL. Weeks isn't a prospect. It's not Braun either. My guess, is the hot infield prospect is Mat Gamel. some of y'all should do a touch of research before talking.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Mat%2520Gamel&pos=3B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=451143

Fil3232
07-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Krivsky is not going to sign Dunn. There is no chance. Griffey isn't going to get traded this year because he is on the verge of 600 homers and is the Reds only draw. Next year he, similar to Dunn this year, has an option or he can walk. At this time next year Griffey will be the one on the block.

First, Krivsky has already signed Dunn once, so it's at least a possibility that he could sign him again. Second, I realize the Sheets injury makes Gallardo more valuable, but I was answering the question from a Reds and Bailey perspective.

If you can't pry a Gallardo from the Brewers, there is no reason to trade with them. Especially because you will be dealing Dunn within the division (in case he signs in Mil).

reds44
07-19-2007, 12:05 AM
First, Krivsky has already signed Dunn once, so it's at least a possibility that he could sign him again. Second, I realize the Sheets injury makes Gallardo more valuable, but I was answering the question from a Reds and Bailey perspective.

If you can't pry a Gallardo from the Brewers, there is no reason to trade with them. Especially because you will be dealing Dunn within the division (in case he signs in Mil).
He didn't sign Dunn. All he did was bought out all his arbitration years, it's not like he extended him.

Why would them being in the divison stop a trade from happening? If you think it makes your organization better, you do the deal.

reds44
07-19-2007, 12:06 AM
LOL. Weeks isn't a prospect. It's not Braun either. My guess, is the hot infield prospect is Mat Gamel. some of y'all should do a touch of research before talking.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Mat%2520Gamel&pos=3B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=451143
No way I do that deal.

That would be almost giving Dunn away.

mound_patrol
07-19-2007, 12:10 AM
The best move the Reds can make is keeping Dunn. We all know we aren't going to get a deal that floors us so we might as well hold onto Dunn. The Reds aren't that far away from contending. The offense is pretty much in place. the starting rotation is atleast average. If we could solve the bullpen this team would easily be over .500

REDblooded
07-19-2007, 12:11 AM
No way I do that deal.

That would be almost giving Dunn away.

Me neither. That's the only plausible true prospect IF that I could come up with, and I believe he just had a 30+ game hit streak, which would make sense of the use of the word "hot".

REDblooded
07-19-2007, 12:16 AM
forgot about one.... here's another possibility..... Alcides Escobar

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Alcides%2520Escobar&pos=SS&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=444876

reds44
07-19-2007, 12:27 AM
forgot about one.... here's another possibility..... Alcides Escobar

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Alcides%2520Escobar&pos=SS&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=444876
No.

AmarilloRed
07-19-2007, 01:43 AM
I still think the best move is to pick up Dunn's option, and sign him to 13-14 million a year for 2-3 years. By then we will have plenty of help from the minors, and one of our outfield prospects can replace Adam Dunn. We need him right now,though.

BearcatShane
07-19-2007, 03:50 AM
I guess I could stomach Dunn for one more season, but if Krivsky gets I offered a good solid deal he needs to do it.

Chi-Town Red
07-19-2007, 06:59 AM
There's a difference between Homer and Gollardo. Gollardo is helping the Brewers win, RIGHT NOW.

With Sheets going on the DL with his injury, Golardo is going back into the starting rotation. Gollardo goes to the hill for them tomorrow, where he is 1-1 with a 2.86 ERA.

There is no way the deal Gollardo for Dunn. agreed 44...never going to happen....Brewers wont give him up

ChatterRed
07-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Keep Dunn and fix the bullpen. Spend some damn money.

JLB5
07-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Keep Dunn and fix the bullpen. Spend some damn money.

Like Baltimore did? Spending big $$ on the bullpen guarantees jack squat. I don't know what the average lifespan of a closer is, but there are more Jorge Julio/Dustin Hermanson/Byung Kim types than Trevor Hoffmans. Trading Stanton, Weathers, and Lohse for some more young arms with upside would make more sense to me. Spend the $$ on starters and if they falter at least you can try them in the pen.

jcmac3
07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
I wouldnt mind Weeks, but we should ask for Will Inman too.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=William%20Inman&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=488989

He might be had for cheap due to his stats. I watched him in low A a lot and he is a stud, in 06 when I watched him he was 10-2 with a 1.71 ERA, 134 SO 24 BB in 110.2 innings. In high A ball this year he was 4-3 with a 1.72 ERA, 98 SO 23 BB in 78.2 inings. Since being at AA his ERA is 6+ but its coming off a handful of good outings in a row. He is only 20 yrs old. Going off what he did all of 06' in low A and this yr in high A, I think his recent stats arent anything to worry about. Not sure if they would throw him in as he is a top 10 prospect in their system.

AmarilloRed
07-19-2007, 12:52 PM

There is no way the deal Gollardo for Dunn.

It all depends on how much the Brewers want to hold off the Cubs. They may lose out to them if the club remains as it is. I would not trade Gallardo for Dunn if I were the Brewers unless I also received a starting pitcher in the trade. Let's say we trade Adam Dunn and Kyle Lohse to the Brewers for Gallardo. The Brewers need a power-hitting outfielder, and Lohse could help them in the rotation until Sheets comes back. I am sure the Brewers might think they could turn Lohse around. There might also be some throw-in prospects to the Reds in that trade, but the Brewers might need to do that trade to win the division.

reds44
07-19-2007, 12:58 PM
It all depends on how much the Brewers want to hold off the Cubs. They may lose out to them if the club remains as it is. I would not trade Gallardo for Dunn if I were the Brewers unless I also received a starting pitcher in the trade. Let's say we trade Adam Dunn and Kyle Lohse to the Brewers for Gallardo. The Brewers need a power-hitting outfielder, and Lohse could help them in the rotation until Sheets comes back. I am sure the Brewers might think they could turn Lohse around. There might also be some throw-in prospects to the Reds in that trade, but the Brewers might need to do that trade to win the division.
Dunn and Loshe for Gallardo?

I like Dunn for Weeks, Gwynn, and Wise better myself.

AmarilloRed
07-19-2007, 01:12 PM

Gallardo is a quality prospect.He could be a starting pitcher that can help the Reds. Those 3 prospects seem rather marginal to me.

Orenda
07-19-2007, 01:33 PM

I prefer getting Gallardo, but he has got to be next to untouchable at this point. Weeks, Gwynn, and Wise intrigues me though. Ricki Weeks would be the big question. Impact player or league average?

ChatterRed
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Next to Weathers, Wise would be the next guy we could count on in the bullpen.

reds44
07-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Uh oh, it appears this thing has legs.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/baseball/viewtopic.php?t=3284&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=4df4a51d1246ce74c600a8d4aa7fc8e9

reds44
07-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Brewers radio now reporting deal will be finalized tonight, according to a poster.

ChatterRed
07-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Argh. The you know what is going to hit the you know what in Cincy tonight.

Krivsky may have put a nail in his coffin if we don't get much in return.

reds44
07-19-2007, 02:11 PM
1250 in Milwaukee now reporting it.

http://www.brewcrewball.com/story/2007/7/19/1017/87749#commenttop

reds44
07-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Interesting, source now says there may be a snag. Should be resolved one way or another in the next day. Geez.

Oh but of course. I think he was just making stuff up.

texasdave
07-19-2007, 02:20 PM
If it is Wise, Gwynn and a prospect I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. =(

reds44
07-19-2007, 02:23 PM
If it is Wise, Gwynn and a prospect I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. =(
Agreed.

So this deal has now been posted by a mod on their board, by lance, and on a radio station in Milwaukee.

Something is up.

JLB5
07-19-2007, 02:31 PM

If true, do you think they could get Sarge Jr. from Anaheim or Cruz Jr from San Diego and have an all Jr. OF?

kbrake
07-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Its so hard to root for this team. I think I am going to be sick.

texasdave
07-19-2007, 03:00 PM
What possible use could the Reds have for Tony Gwynn Jr? He had a sub-.700OPS in the minors and a sub-.650 OPS so far in the majors. What's in a name? Apparently, not much. Let me put it this way. TG Jr. would ask Drew Stubbs for his autograph. =(

JLB5
07-19-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't know. Looking over these guys, Gwynn Jr. looks like a potential lead off bat with wheels, something desperately lacking on this team. Looks like he could post a .360 or so OBP and steal 40, I could live with that at the top. I'm assuming he has + D skills as well. If he could push that OBP to the .370+ range, he would be well worth it. When was the last time the Reds had a lead off hitter that scored 120 runs? Wise could be a decent pen option, would like to see a starting pitching prospect but could live with a good SS.

klw
07-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Per Trent http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

Just FYI, Adam Dunn is actually on the field right now. Wearing a Reds hat. But maybe he was traded to the Longhorns, though, because he's wearing a Texas T-shirt.

bounty37h
07-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Lance has a rumor on his page about Dunn being sent to the Brewers. Only thing worse than losing Dunn is facing him against our staff 19 times a year.

Why, not hating on DUnn here, but him on the Brewers would spot our pitchers 3 k's a game, and our offense a few balls guaranteed to find a way to drop in in right field. I dont really want to trade him, but would not be scared or upset to face him either. yeah, he will beat you, and beat you real, real hard a couple times, but it would average out with the ks and D.

sammonator
07-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Wise pitched 3 innings today for the Brewers. The most that he has pitched all year!!!!! (showcase maybe)?

jcmac3
07-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Wise pitched 3 innings today for the Brewers. The most that he has pitched all year!!!!! (showcase maybe)?

54 pitches today for a bullpen guy doesnt sound good. Maybe the brewers know Krivsky likes damaged goods so they are trying their hardest. I mean the Brewer game was a blowout, why would they pitch him 3 innings like that?

ChatterRed
07-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Trying to get every penny out him (Wise)! Damn those Brewers.

sammonator
07-19-2007, 05:28 PM
I just found it weird that on the day of this rumor that Wise has his longest outing of the year. Maybe it is just coincidence.:confused:

AtomicDumpling
07-19-2007, 05:46 PM
That would just be a flat-out awful trade for the Reds. Gwynn is not a good prospect at all. He wouldn't be able to start on the Reds even without Dunn. Hopper and Freel are much better players than Gwynn. Wise is a bullpen pitcher for one reason ---> he isn't very good. He is almost 32 years old and has a career ERA of 4.00, which isn't that good for a relief pitcher.

Sounds like Krivsky is ready to spoil the good vibes the team has right now and just go ahead and have us forget the rest of the season.

Gamble
07-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Gwynn Jr., Wise and potentially Weeks? Very intriguing.. sometimes a trade like this is worth the risk. You never really know, a deal like this could have the potential to net the value of Lee May for Joe Morgan. Granted we won't be getting a Billingham. But Weeks and Gwynn would be a great fit to this ballclub.

Gamble
07-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Forget Weeks, he is to have season ending surgery.

Chi-Town Red
07-19-2007, 07:41 PM
i dont think this rumor will ever go...Dunn isnt going to the Brewers

redsfanmia
07-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Forget Weeks, he is to have season ending surgery.

There is always next year, If we could get Gwynn and Weeks plus a bullpen arm for Dunn I say do it.

Slyder
07-19-2007, 08:03 PM
There is always next year, If we could get Gwynn and Weeks plus a bullpen arm for Dunn I say do it.

Pitching wins championships. Getting 1 over 30 reliever isnt going to help.

mound_patrol
07-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Wise, Gwynn, Weeks....Eww. Don't see any of those three ever being able to make a bigger impact then Dunn. Getting two draft picks would be better than that package.

rotnoid
07-19-2007, 08:07 PM
From mlbtraderumors.com

Dunn To Brewers Rumor Quashed
Radio rumors are among the most dubious, because I can't confirm unless I heard the report myself or a trusted person communicated it to me. So when I heard of a few thirdhand reports of an Adam Dunn to Milwaukee radio rumor, I remained skeptical.

I still haven't talked to anyone to learn which specific person at SportsRadio 1250 initiated this rumor, but it doesn't seem completely fabricated given that ESPN picked it up. The scenario:

The Reds would trade Adam Dunn to the Brewers for Tony Gwynn Jr., Matt Wise, and an unknown infield prospect. Wise is solid, and Wayne Krivsky likes relievers. But the bounty still seems too small for the best available slugger. The other red flag is that Wise and Gwynn continued to play in today's game after the rumor surfaced.

Fortunately, Jerry Crasnick spoke to Doug Melvin and confirmed that there's nothing to this trade rumor.

So much for that.

Ahhhorsepoo
07-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I dont think this defensive wizard adam dunn is worth anything to any team in the senior circuit...

Chi-Town Red
07-19-2007, 08:50 PM
wont happen

aaronboonefan
07-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Didn't see this posted, found it on the Milwaukee site:

No deal: General manager Doug Melvin laughed off reports on Thursday that the Brewers had acquired Cincinnati Reds outfielder Adam Dunn for a package of players including reliever Matt Wise.

It was a "baseless Internet rumor," Melvin said. And he has become tired of those.

"I'm taking more calls deflecting these kinds of rumors than I've had talking to GMs," said Melvin, who has characterized the trade market as extremely cool.

The Brewers are already flush with left-handed hitting outfielders. When Bill Hall went down last week with an ankle injury the team briefly looked at Texas Rangers veteran Kenny Lofton, but called off that interest when it was determined Hall would miss only a few weeks.

Hall's rehabilitation has been progressing more quickly than expected. He participated in running drills on Wednesday and took swings in the batting cage on Thursday, and Yost wasn't ruling out the possibility of having Hall back in the lineup for the opener of a weeklong road trip Monday in Cincinnati.

Still, the rumor spread quickly on Thursday even though it originally appeared on a Cincinnati radio personality's blog. It was reported by a Milwaukee station Thursday morning.

The original blog entry read like this: "From the MLB rumor mill ... Dunn to Brewers for Matt Wise, Tony Gwynn Jr. and an infield prospect."

Not exactly the kind of reporting they teach in Journalism 101.

Later in the day, this post appeared: "Pleaser [sic] leave Rob Butcher alone. For listeners calling Reds media relations director Rob Butcher about a possible Dunn to the Brewers trade ... please stop ... this is in the MLB rumor mill ... nobody says it has happened or will happen. Rumors of trades fly as the deadline nears. Don't call the Reds asking if it has happened. Thanks."

"There are freaking geeks out there who get ... off on this kind of stuff," Melvin said.

Wise heard about the rumor during the game. He pitched three innings for his first save since 2005, and also chipped in with an infield single.

"With my offensive presence, they'd better get a lot," he joked.

jcmac3
07-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Well that was fun while it lasted