PDA

View Full Version : The Search Tool

AmarilloRed
07-19-2007, 02:01 AM
I would like to suggest to everyone on Redzone that they use the Search tool to discover if there is an existing thread to cover a subject before they create a new thread. I have seen a lot of duplicative threads recently, in which different posters all basically pose similar ideas on different threads. Sometimes the moderators are good enough to combine existing threads into a current thread; but not always. I myself do need to check and use search also, as I do the same thing on more than one occasion. It might save everyone a lot of time and effort if they can use existing threads instead of creating new ones for existing ideas.

macro
07-19-2007, 09:47 AM
I agree, Amarillo. But let me add that, if you see what you feel is a duplicate thread, use the "Report Post" feature (it's the little exclamation point inside a triangle icon on the left) to let us know. It doesn't necessarily mean that a moderator will agree and that the threads will be merged, but we may overlook some that should be merged, especially when the thread titles are vague.

AmarilloRed
07-19-2007, 01:15 PM
I will. I didn't know such a thing existed, or I would have done it a long time ago.